D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
Erevan's shot catches the creature in such a way that it spins back around the rocky outcrop before dropping into the water. It slashes with such force and its death throes are so terrific that the quippers temporarily scatter. You are able to quickly haul your two companions out of the water before things settle down and the fish begin to return to look for their lost meal...

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Satisfied the predator is dead, Erevan turns to the others.

"Are they hurt badly?"

Looking concerned, the elf feels helpless in the third boat. Not that he has any skill in medicine or tending to wounds, but still.

He looks at his familiar. "Ever seen anything like that creature who attacked us?"

Uller

Adventurer
OOC: Neither is hurt terribly badly. Eldeth has 12 of 19 hp left and Derendil has 28 of 45. You are really lucky that the swarm missed him. One more good hit and the enraged quaggoth was coming out and I'm not really sure how you'd have gotten him out of the water then...A good hit to Eldeth and she'd have been unconscious and sinking...

However...

Eldeth is wiping the blood from her wounds and with the help of Bertram putting on some bandages where the spikes from the tentacles pierced her side when suddenly she looks around in a panic. "My axe! I dropped it when I hit the water!" Looking at the dark water, it's surely sunk to some unknown depth. "Arrgh!" she moans in frustration.

But as you peer into the water contemplating the lost weapon you see movement. You are expecting the quippers but what you see is the winged form of the creatures you saw dead in the lagoon at Sloobludop. Ixitxachitl! There are several of the creatures...at least half a dozen of them shadowing your boats. They dive deep, out of sight then Surana feels something heavy grab the pole she is using to pilot the first boat. She pulls it from the water to see a large chunk taken out! Another hit like that and the pole will be all but useless. Shuushar points out that they can't hurt the boats themselves. "They must be up to some mischief though."

Then you hear the sound of rushing water ahead. You aren't sure at first what it is but you realize the current is moving you towards it.

(I have to look up how to spell 'ixitxachitl' every time!)

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: If Eldeth is pulled into the middle boat, along with Derendil...

Ezraen calls to Lathander in a soft prayer and lays hands on Eldeth, healing her of 5 hp. After a nod to her, the paladin moves over to Derendil and says a brief prayer over the cursed elf prince. His hands glow, pouring holy light into him, healing another 5 hp.

Are you two alright? the half-drow asks, We need to get off the water.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Er, guys?"

Erevan sounds worried.

"I think we're headed to a waterfall or heavy rapids."

OOC: Can I make a perception check to see if I can confirm my suspicions?[roll0]

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Eldeth can't be pulled into the second boat. That would leave just Surana and Bert in the most dangerous one. She's still needed up front. (Perhaps Bert could give her a melee weapon, if he has one? He's still got his bow.)

Remove ads