D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

DMAesh

Explorer
The cantrip guidance is for ability checks. I have had cleric players spam it for any ability check that they have to make, which I generally allow for any check that is made intentionally. (Provided that they have the time to cast.)

SunGold

First Post
Guidance is definitely easy to abuse. I'm playing a cleric right now and try not to spam it, lest I become the D&D version of that person who prays to find a good parking spot at the mall (sorry, grandma).

Uller

Adventurer
Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with characters "abusing" something like Guidance. You gave up another cantrip for it. Gaining essentially a +2 or so in exchange for an action seems fair.

Okay. We'll go with RAW.

SunGold

First Post
Speaking of Eldeth...

I know she was a scout, and the mods to her rolls that we've seen suggest that she does in fact use the Scout statblock. If that's the case, I'd like for her and Bert to switch duties, since she should have advantage on perception checks from Keen Hearing and Sight.

SunGold

First Post
No, he needs light too, which is part of why he's in Surana's boat. But his perception rolls are ok anyway because of the "torch." Advantage would still be nicer, though.

His Survival roll is also just slightly better than hers, so they'd both be swapping into duties they're better at.

Remove ads