D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
Haha.

Looks lke I can get here from Tapatalk again. So hopefully I can resume a btter post
ng pace.

What are your thoughts on playing the travel to Gracklstugh? By the book like from Velkenvelve to Sloobludop? Narrative style to get past the boring bits and advance the story?

Either way I'll use the book to make sure you get a feel for how travel through Darklake is.
[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] I've been thinking...if you want your familiar to be the reincarnated spirit of Glabbagool, that's probably better than what I had in mind. Go for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EN World mobile app

Uller

Adventurer
Just to clarify a little: by the book would call for well over 100 random encounter checks. I don't think I'm going to do that...

I think I will come up with a different way to narrate an interesting story with building tension and meaningful choices along the way. Angry DM had a good article about a Time Pool that indicates increasing risk of catastrophe that the players are aware of. Let me think on it a bit...

SunGold

First Post
I would definitely prefer something more narrative-based. Meaningful fights are cool, but in general, combat just doesn't shine in PbP.

Uller

Adventurer
I agree. In my mind, "random" encounters should have some sort of purpose. Introducing hooks or plot twists, consequences for poor decisions, flavor or adding tension. I do prefer some randomness to things (makes me feel like I'm watching the story unfold too) but three weeks worth of "and you encounter 1d4+2 kuo-toa..._again_" doesn't seem like fun. I wouldn't do it in a regular table game. Definitely seems like a bad choice for PbP.

I'm going to take a couple days to look through the available encounters/challenges/obstacles and see what's there. This weekend I'll put something up.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] I've been thinking...if you want your familiar to be the reincarnated spirit of Glabbagool, that's probably better than what I had in mind. Go for it.

Alright, here's the statistics of my new kitty friend:

GLABBACAT
Tiny beast (fey), unaligned
AC 12
HP 2 (hit dice 1d4)
Speed: 40ft., climb 30ft.
STR 3 (-4) DEX 15 (+2) CON 10 (+0) INT 3 (-4) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 7 (-2)
Skills: Perception +3, Stealth +4
Senses: passive Perception 13
Languages: None (telepathic with master within 100 feet)
Special:
Keen Smell. The cat has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
Can't attack, but can take other actions.
Master can perceive through familiar's senses.
Can be dismissed into pocket dimension.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases