D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
Nevermind. I just cannot preview or edit, or it comes out that way. I was just trying to do the dice roller, so I could see how much gold I would start with. :)
That's fine. Experiment away. I found a test dice roller thread last night and used that to play with it..

Uller

Adventurer
I think they did it that way to avoid cheating. ;)
Yeah. I really like public dice rolling in RPGs...it just makes everything so much more dramatic. In this format perhaps even more so because you say what you do then hit send before you know whether or not you succeed.

DMAesh

Explorer
Yeah. I really like public dice rolling in RPGs...it just makes everything so much more dramatic. In this format perhaps even more so because you say what you do then hit send before you know whether or not you succeed.

Yeah, but when I used to play on the Paizo messageboards, I would see whether I hit or miss, and describe the failure or success. It was partly to reflect the image in my head of the character, and partly to take pressure off the DM to describe... :p

Uller

Adventurer
Yeah, but when I used to play on the Paizo messageboards, I would see whether I hit or miss, and describe the failure or success. It was partly to reflect the image in my head of the character, and partly to take pressure off the DM to describe... :p

If you have any recommendations on how to keep things running smoothly, let us know. I'm new to this.

For my part, I'd rather players narrate their actions than me. Maybe post the action and the rolls, then do a followup with the narration? But that of course requires knowing something about the target (AC, resistance, remaining HP).

DMAesh

Explorer
If you have any recommendations on how to keep things running smoothly, let us know. I'm new to this.

For my part, I'd rather players narrate their actions than me. Maybe post the action and the rolls, then do a followup with the narration? But that of course requires knowing something about the target (AC, resistance, remaining HP).

What we did on Paizo's messageboards was put our stats in the profile, but I think if we can put our essentials in an OOC box, it will keep you informed or our major stats. When I post my first post in game, I will try to put up a sample, and we can see how to make it the easiest possible.

Zansy

Explorer
Hey guys I want to apologize because this is an extraordinarily busy week for me. More hectic than usual. I will get my Character sheet up as soon as I can, with the rolls included and a back story and personality will shortly follow. Don't think for one second I haven't been doing anything ;)

Uller

Adventurer
It's all good. I think this weekend we will get started and the way we are starting we don't need every single PC anyway. You'll see...I'm basically applying a method of dealing with towns that someone suggested in another thread to the Drow outpost. It will make it less like a CRPG town where you wander randonly about looking for every last goodie of info and loot and instead will make it a bit more scene based so we can focus on the interesting bits.

On another subject: Chuckfar has decided not to play. Like I said at the beginning I expect some drop off in players as we get going. However, would you guys mind if I add my son? He's 17 and is one of my table players. I had asked my table if they wanted to play PbP since we can't get together more than once or twice a month and no one seemed interested. So I started this game. I guess I misunderstood my son...he didn't want to play our table game PbP...but he would like to give PbP a try.

So do any of you object to him joining us? He said he'd probably play a cleric.

Let me know.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases