D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
My character is now up in the RG. Comments are welcome.

I decided to go rogue, elf rogue, instead of the dwarven cleric. We might need some rogue tricks, and with all the fighter-y types (and soon a cleric), I figured this would be a better fit. Hence, Erevan Aenovindë, high elf rogue. :D

DMAesh

Explorer
I am fine with knowing [MENTION=6801323]Marcelus14[/MENTION] too. In fact, knowing that he is a chosen of Lathander would make me look up to him. (Think Spike and Chester from Looney Tunes.) Ezraen is not particularly wise and not particularly smart. What he is, is quick and charismatic. I think it could be a good dynamic. Have to read Marcelus14's backstory to see if he put the raid by drow that caught us... I didn't include any such part in mine.

DMAesh

Explorer
[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], I have some rogue-y type skills that could help too since Ezraen was a criminal before his conversion! ;)

SunGold

First Post
[MENTION=413]Uller[/MENTION], that was an awesome and immersive--if depressing--opening to the game. Working on my response right now. (I already love Stool!)

Looking forward to the peanut gallery chiming in over here...and then getting to peanut gallery everyone else. ;)

Uller

Adventurer
I couldn't have said it better myself :) As I understand, I need to await my turn, then?
If so, I guess I'll get to it tomorrow, or something.(^w^);>

Thanks. I had fun writing it. It's a lot easier for me to be more of a story teller in this format than at the table...I can't promise I can do as well with everyone's start (and it was a bit long...maybe I should avoid doing that). Normally I start a campaign with something like "So you're all caravan guards (fill in how you came to be there later) and orcs attack...roll initiative..." to get things moving. But it seemed starting like this is an important part of the adventure so I kept it...it will be a bit of a slow start, but I'm sure things will get exciting soon enough.

Yes, [MENTION=6788194]Zansy[/MENTION], you just need to wait until the next group of characters arrive. My son (@Ranger20) made his rolls in front of me this evening before heading out with his friends. He rolled: d6=2 and d20=4 so the two of you will start together when the next group of prisoners arrive.

SunGold

First Post
OH COME ON, a 1 for the first roll of the game?!

Applies palm to face
Pours herself a glass of shame-wine

...carry on, all.

Uller

Adventurer
Ha! Yeah...maybe you just got it out of the way.

Last week at the table I had an invisible monster toss a javelin at a PC...advantage...two 1s...damn.

I like the drumming...I'll try to respond this evening and get the second prisoner drop up tomorrow (right now the 4yo is insisting I watch Lion King with her and insisting "no electronics while watching movies!")

SunGold

First Post
[MENTION=413]Uller[/MENTION], RE: Questions in the IC thread...what level of meta-gaming are you comfortable with? Are we playing a "if you know it, your character knows it"-style game? I tend to err pretty far on the side of not meta-gaming, but am cool with relaxing about that if it's ok.

The quaggoth question brought this up. I mean, I have the MM, but Surana has never come across one. So I wanted to ask that in the IC thread, establishing what she's learning, and give you a chance to choose what Surana learns--or even misinform her (intentionally or otherwise, since her info about them is second-hand). I guess this could get lame pretty quickly with 7 players though...

[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], I like your spoiled klepto noble. :p Nice change of pace from the usual scoundrel story.

Remove ads