Pathfinder 1E What Made You Switch To Pathfinder?

I did have that one on my mind, but forgot to mention it.

I have a character from second edition that I loved much and who would work best with the Mystic Theurge (or similar, but I've only seen a couple of other PCs that did something like this, but they were aimed at bards and druids). I kind of ponder creating her anew and if I did it'd be hard to avoid going that mage/cleric route.

Last edited:

Ultimately, I loved 3X and I saw Pathfinder as an extension of 3X. 4E wasn't for me.

At first I loved 5E, as it seemed simpler, but I kept coming back to wanting everything from 3X/PF available available for use. Converted PF stuff to 5E for a while, but overall I'm tired of converting.

Also, I like the higher degree of customization that the Pathfinder skill system allows compared to 5E. Also, the class archetypes and the multitude of monsters.

And, psionics. I recently purchased Dreamscarred Press's Psionics PDF's. I like what they've done with upgrading the 3X psionics system to PF.

And, the third party support.

Brandegoris

First Post
Initially I went to pathfinder because it seemed like everything I Love ( just as 3.5 Did) but wasn't out of control with Optional rules, thousands of crazy feats and powers etc.

NOW of course pathfinder is exactly like 3.5 in that regard and the game had almost too many products and Options. LOL
As a result I have no taken a LONG break from pathfinder and am exploring other games. 5th Edition most recently because ...it SIMPLER! LOL

Sometimes..less is More.

Remove ads