Favorite Name For People With Super Powers?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
"Powers", the expression used occasionally in "Heroes" and "Heroes Reborn", works for me.

Except apparently the people in Heroes Reborn with powers are called Evos. Which for some reason I don't really like. Can't remember if they had names in the first series or not.

Ryujin

Legend
Except apparently the people in Heroes Reborn with powers are called Evos. Which for some reason I don't really like. Can't remember if they had names in the first series or not.

As I said, the name "powers" is occasionally used in those two shows ;)

For example it was used by the character Quentin just after he was attacked at the site of the holocaust.

Skylarks

First Post
Some examples I've read (which no one else has mentioned yet) in urban and YA fantasy include:

- Talents
- Sparks (used in the Girl Genius comics)
- Graced (Graceling novel series by Kristen Cashore)
- Mages (generic, but it still works even in modern and futuristic settings. There are also many variants on mages, like 'magids', 'mancers', and so on.)
- Mutants (X-Men)
- Workers (as in magic workers, from the Black Cat series by Holly Black)

I know I've seen many other original names, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. Some stories use more generic but nuanced terms like witches, wizards, magicians, espers, and so on, even for characters with wildly varying powers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases