Star Wars 5th edition

Tensen01

Explorer
And if you need help converting the Species I'd be willing to help out. I own all the Saga books and they look like they'll be fairly easy to convert.

Tensen01

Explorer
Curious if you're planning on just doing the classes from SAGA or if you've looked at maybe expanding a bit. Like Maybe Pilot or Bounty Hunter.

Tensen01

Explorer
It's an archetype to soldier

See, I neither agree with, nor like that. So only Soldiers can be Pilots? Why not Scouts, Scoundrels or Nobles? They are all equally qualified, some moreso I'd say. Only being soldiers makes no sense. Are we to assume Han Solo learned to be a pilot while he was being a Stormtrooper? Or that Luke didn't know how until he joined the Rebellion? Heck, Anakin was never a soldier. Having it be a subset of a specific class both doesn't make sense, and also narrows options in a system that in Saga is okay, but in 5e means that for the first couple levels there is, at max, only 5 character types to choose from with no variety between characters of the same class. Less depending on when you're setting your game. 5e has Twelve classes. Twelve! And while I understand that Star Wars is thematically fairly different, I don't think it's a good idea to artificially narrow the options for no good reason.

Last edited:

BlueShepherd

First Post
See, I neither agree with, nor like that. So only Soldiers can be Pilots? Why not Scouts, Scoundrels or Nobles? They are all equally qualified, some moreso I'd say. Only being soldiers makes no sense. Are we to assume Han Solo learned to be a pilot while he was being a Stormtrooper? Or that Luke didn't know how until he joined the Rebellion? Heck, Anakin was never a soldier. Having it be a subset of a specific class both doesn't make sense, and also narrows options in a system that in Saga is okay, but in 5e means that for the first couple levels there is, at max, only 5 character types to choose from with no variety between characters of the same class. Less depending on when you're setting your game. 5e has Twelve classes. Twelve! And while I understand that Star Wars is thematically fairly different, I don't think it's a good idea to artificially narrow the options
for no good reason.

You're trying to complicate a 5th edition design. If you want to be a pilot then be a fighter/soldier take the pilot skill to fly *shrug* I think you would be more suitable for D20 saga still. That has everything you want.
The time it takes to convert is harsh.

Tensen01

Explorer
You're trying to complicate a 5th edition design. If you want to be a pilot then be a fighter/soldier take the pilot skill to fly *shrug* I think you would be more suitable for D20 saga still. That has everything you want.
The time it takes to convert is harsh.

I'm not trying to complicate it, I'm trying to suggest that More Classes in 5e is better and makes more sense than fewer classes. In 5e variety is given using 12 distinct classes that then open up even more after a few levels. I'm suggesting that Star Wars could benefit from a few more options at level 1, not 12, just a few.

And please don't try to tell me what I'd be more suitable for, or what game has what I want, especially since you're not even the author of this conversion and really shouldn't be speaking for them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases