Hell's Invasion [Recruiting]

Trogdor1992

First Post
e20284528786c2962c686e38a5d0e15f.jpg

J Roc (Jake Rockford)

A small time drug dealer and gang member, has experience using pistols and shotguns.

Caucasian male, 22, blond hair, covered in tattoos

Violent, loud, and easily angered, he was always intelligent in school, but dropped out at a young age. Not a fan of authority and he's kind of a jerk.

Growing up in Compton, LA, life has always been hard for J Roc. His parents never had a good job, and he couldn't seem to find any job at all. At the age of 15 he joined the Crips because he felt he had nowhere else to turn. Ever since then he's loved the gang life. He felt like selling cocaine was his calling. He didn't even care the first time he had to shoot someone. He was sentenced a year in jail after getting caught with about an ounce of coke. Jail was even rougher than the streets. He was in and out of solitary confinement for fighting. One day after returning to his cell, his roommate supplied him with a shiv. That was the moment he knew he wouldn't lose the next fight. Sure enough, that fight quickly came, and J didn't hesitate to stab the fool. The moment of that stabbing was the same moment a year inside became ten. The rest of his sentence was relatively quiet. Ever since he's been out he's quickly gone back to his old habits.
Upon his release he was promoted to boss status, earning the right to start his own set. That was when the white boys in Compton became something. He founded the first set of all white Crips, the Rittz Rugers. His set quickly rose to power on the streets under his leadership. Moving kilos every day and escalating the gang warfare to a level not seen in years, the police quickly took notice, but they could never seem to catch J Roc. He seemed untouchable, even after he killed three cops in an attempted bust they couldn't seem to find him. He was always one step ahead of them, he was so sly, the other OGs started referring to him as the white fox. With no tolerance for his enemies, he was outraged to find out that another set was moving in in his territory, a set called the Sons in Scarlet, of the Bloods. Him and two of his most promising soldiers decided it was past time to deliver some payback, so they hopped in the car with their guns and headed to Sons territory...

Last edited:

Sezarious

Explorer
Hi Perrin. You know what I think is the most exciting about this game. Because it's mostly role-play, we have no idea what mechanics will or won't work. As players, we are truly flying blind as opposed to D&D where we have a clear bunch of stats. it means we're more likely going to be careful with keeping or characters alive. Risks are much scarier to take, but the rewards when we are successful will be much greater.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Does that look good?
Actually, I am hoping for more background. This will be a heavier role-playing game than the other ones I have seen you playing so far. Take a look at the Prologues for hafrogman and Shayuri and you will have a better idea of the standards.

Hi Perrin. You know what I think is the most exciting about this game. Because it's mostly role-play, we have no idea what mechanics will or won't work. As players, we are truly flying blind as opposed to D&D where we have a clear bunch of stats. it means we're more likely going to be careful with keeping or characters alive. Risks are much scarier to take, but the rewards when we are successful will be much greater.
Thanks, I am glad you are excited. The reason I started with little mechanics was to capture the habit of role-playing over roll-playing. There will be mechanics, but the idea is to use them to help resolve things for your writing.

Speaking of which, [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION], you succeeded in the opposed drive check so you get to write the results instead of waiting for me to tell you. ;) Go ahead and edit in some more narration.

Also a word on the EnWorld censor of certain words. Please use preview to see which ones get turned into :):):):). Then pick a different word that makes it through. [MENTION=6792106]Sezarious[/MENTION], please fix your last post with some substitutes. Thanks.

Sezarious

Explorer
Actually, I am hoping for more background. This will be a heavier role-playing game than the other ones I have seen you playing so far. Take a look at the Prologues for hafrogman and Shayuri and you will have a better idea of the standards.

Thanks, I am glad you are excited. The reason I started with little mechanics was to capture the habit of role-playing over roll-playing. There will be mechanics, but the idea is to use them to help resolve things for your writing.

Speaking of which, [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION], you succeeded in the opposed drive check so you get to write the results instead of waiting for me to tell you. ;) Go ahead and edit in some more narration.

Also a word on the EnWorld censor of certain words. Please use preview to see which ones get turned into :):):):). Then pick a different word that makes it through. [MENTION=6792106]Sezarious[/MENTION], please fix your last post with some substitutes. Thanks.

Ok, no problem. By the way. Where do I find the rolling system? Is it in advanced options on a post or something, or is there a specific website you use?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Where do I find the rolling system? Is it in advanced options on a post or something, or is there a specific website you use?
I tend to use Myth-Weavers and have set up some threads specifically for that. Others use CoyoteCode or Invisible Castle (if it is working).

There is a dice roller hear, but you cannot edit in rolls after you posted. Personally, I think it is better to roll the dice before you start writing and maybe I will set up a separate Dice Rolling Thread here if that is what people prefer to use. If you use the dice roller here at EnWorld, you can go ahead and roll in this thread to get results before you start writing IC.

Sezarious

Explorer
I tend to use Myth-Weavers and have set up some threads specifically for that. Others use CoyoteCode or Invisible Castle (if it is working).

There is a dice roller hear, but you cannot edit in rolls after you posted. Personally, I think it is better to roll the dice before you start writing and maybe I will set up a separate Dice Rolling Thread here if that is what people prefer to use. If you use the dice roller here at EnWorld, you can go ahead and roll in this thread to get results before you start writing IC.

Myth Weavers it is. I guess I'll er, create an account with them or something and post the account name to you? (I'm new to PBP, so I don't know exactly how the rolling systems work).

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Remove ads