MiPS Lost Mine Part II

mips42

Adventurer
As the day wanes into night, the cart rattles on down the Triboar Trail towards Phandalin. Eventually, as the night settles, you are forced to stop or risk the oxen injuring themselves.
The night is quiet and passes uneventfully and you all are able to get some much needed rest.
The morning dawns clear and cold but with the promise of afternoon warmth and you travel again after an early breakfast. Eventually, around mid day, to come around the bend and see your first glimpses of PHandalin.
The town consists of forty or fifty simple log buildings, some built on old fieldstone foundations. More old ruins -crumbling stone walls covered in ivy and briars- surround the newer houses and shops, showing how this must have been a much larger town in centuries past. Most of the newer buildings are set on the sides of the cart track, which widens into a muddy main street of sorts as it climbs toward a ruined manor house on a hillside at the east side of town.
As you approach, you see children playing on the town green and townsfolk tending to chores or running errands at shops. Many people look up as you approach, but all return to their business as you go by.
As you enter the town proper, you find Barthens Provisions on your left. The place where you were supposed to deliver the goods.

[sblock=OOC]
Let it not be said that I do not listen. Since basically everyone that is involved in this game has asked for this info:
ALL characters receive 300 xp. Yes, that includes Brlo and Castagyr. This is for simple expediency. We'll presume they did other stuff 'off camera' to get it. This gets everyone to second level as soon as you complete a long rest. Time to start thinking about what you want to do at 3rd level...
As for treasure, everyone who brought the cart to Barthens gets their pay (10gp each if I remember correctly). Also, (again, memory) there was a total of 5 silver recovered from the goblin raiding party and none from the cave as you talked your way out f it. Good job, btw.
There, happy now? :p
[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Axel

First Post
Ivan exhales noisily, as they reach the town. "I for one am glad to be back in civilisation again. See there, on the left? Barthens Provisions! Head towards it, and we can be free if this creaking cart and its obligations. They may have news of Gundren too. I will even delay a hot breakfast and shave to have this news!"

With that, Ivan begins walking quickly toward the front door of Barthens, ignoring the stares of the vulgar commoners.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Civilisation? This is barely a border town. Not that it isn't a step up from goblin caves."

Leonan looks around, noting the state of the manor, trying to find the taverns and inns and maybe well to do citizens. With expert eye, he looks over the people, gauging their mood and overall state and wealth.

"Not much to be had for an evening entairtainment here, is there? Maybe we'll have a dance night tonight to cheer these people up."

OOC: subscribing,

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus walks alongside the cart as they approach Barthens. He seems to recall that Sildar is in with the in crowd, so Eddicus keeps one eye out for the older man's movements, so Eddicus can be ready to enter alongside him when it's time for the party to meet their contacts there.

Aside from that, Eddicus helps secure the animals (and the cart) to whatever hitching post or rail is available.

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr looks over his shoulder at the delapidated structures and scoffs. "Dwarves'd take down unused structures as such and repurpose the materials. 'Waste ye no stone and waste ye no ale,' me grandda' used to say."

The dwarf heads inside the shop, eager to be rid of their delivery and move on to searching for his uncle.

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
You plod the cart to Barthens and park it by a large barn door. Sildar climbs down, stretches mightily, then walks into the large door calling 'Elmar! Come out here!'
A moment later, a lean and balding man exits along with a younger man.
'Sildar,' he shouts as they grasp hands 'You old so-and-so. What're you doin in this mud hole?'
'Delivering this wagon and these fine people what drug me out of a goblin den.'
Elmar looks hard at Sildar and then at the wagon. 'Well, then I guess I owe ye all thanks. Me and Sildar here been friends for a while. I'd been sore if was eaten by gobbos. Lets get inside and we'll get this taken care of.'
With that, Elmar and his younger companion head back into the building.
'Come on,' Sildar calls. 'Lets see what he knows.'

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus pauses to let Vottr go ahead of him, then calls to Garret that they have arrived at their destination. Not waiting to see whether the halfling wakes up from his nap, Eddicus follows Vottr into the barn.

GameDoc

Explorer
"Why'd you do that, Ed?" Vottr asks. "His snorin' was how we could tell from inside if the wagon was stayin' put."

Amused at his own joke, Vottr continues on inside.

Remove ads