MiPS Lost Mine Part II

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Suddenly he looks at you with a piercing gaze. 'How do you know that name? I knew you weren't who you said you were but how do you know that name?'

"Pffft! You were too accepting at the start. Your group is infiltrated. Even the boss has his spies inside via that little beast that grovels around and no one pays it any attention. And big cities are sending heroes...just not blindly. First there were scouts. Now I'm here. And you'd do well to be penitent and appear regretfull or it is surely the rope for you."

Leonan proceeds to bind thugs hands firmly, but not damagingly so.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus acknowledges Castagyr's point that the man is right: the party began the combat by striking first.

Eddicus further indicates that consensus among the party members with regard to what they are going to do would be very useful in any coming encounters if they want to be as effective as a team that has worked together for a while.

Specifically, Eddicus asks the other party members present -- that is to say, Vottr and Castagyr, because Leonan and Brlo are still around the back -- whether he should expend the effort to heal one or another of the bound captives as a gesture of goodwill.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

~ Inside Sleeping Giant Tavern ~

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 18; Current: 15
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 10/10 points avail
Spells: 2/2 points avail (Bless, Command, Wrathful Smite)
Weapon in Hand: Lance (reach weapon)
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr nodded with wry expression on his draconic visage, “Aye, some teamwork would be better if we want to succeed. But that would first require some to actually participate in such discussions. Maybe you can make that happen.”

“Sure, if you think it will help. Heal them. But they don’t appear to really care and want our help at all.”

mips42

Adventurer
Outside you hear voices talking and mostly incoherent noise, then 'Vex? Everything okay in there?'
The rotund bartender looks at you...

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: Where is everybody located? The bartender ran out the back; did Leonan and Brlo bring the bartender and the customer into the taphouse? Is that party still split? I would have Eddicus cast 'Cure Wounds' on the bartender so we can either earn a little of his trust -- enough to question him -- or else learn where his real loyalties lie.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I wouldn't spend once a day resource on him. It is doubtful if he knows anything and we need to go to the hideout. As far as I know, Leonan and Brlo brought everyone back and then took the sleeping one away and are now binding him

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: In the absence of competing ideas about who is located where, let's go with that.

Eddicus turns to the bartender and asks him, "Who is this Vex who got named by somebody outside? If that's you, you might want to answer him."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

[section]
Init +1, Speed 20
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr noted that that Eddicus had not tried to garner good will with the healing and figured it could wait until after the visitor from outside was dealt with. He called out, figuring that whoever was calling after Vex, they were either in collusion with the Redbrands or not very worried about intruding upon the Redbrands proclaimed turf.

Not really concerned with who the person was looking for, the dragonborn called out, “Come on it, everything is just fine!”

mips42

Adventurer
Shortly thereafter, the face of the the townmaster peers around the corner of the door. Seeing the dead and wounded 'Oh my... What in the name of the nine hells is going on here?'

perrinmiller

Adventurer

[section]
Init +1, Speed 20
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr eyed the Townmaster wondering just why he was now trying to get involved. “We are dealing with your village’s problem since you were either too weak to do it or on their payroll. Tis passing suspicious that you are showing up right now. Did you come here to warn them?”

Remove ads