MiPS Lost Mine Part II

mips42

Adventurer
'Not accounting for the room that the first man claimed, we have four rooms available.' he then turns to Leonen 'We have a old storyteller who comes in occasionally but I'm sure he wouldn't mind accompaniment or a break.'

GameDoc

Explorer
OOC: We've had some turnover, so let me get a headcount. The main party now consists of 4 - Garrett, Eddicus, Vottr, and Leonan. So we could each have a room or share as space allows. I assume we'll be joined by Castagyr and Brio afterward.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
he then turns to Leonen 'We have a old storyteller who comes in occasionally but I'm sure he wouldn't mind accompaniment or a break.'

"Or we could swap stories. If he's willing, of course. Where can I find him? I will not go to sleep for couple of hours more anyhow. I'll be down as soon as we settle."

OOC: Assuming we can afford four rooms - I assume Leonan is broke (excepting maybe few coppers from downed Kralg, if Garret shared his findings)

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: Leonan's "Popular Demand" background feature as an Entertainer should be enough to allow him to make a deal with the man behind the bar at the inn to "gain food and lodging in civilized places"; or, failing that, he might be able to perform in the village square and gain enough to pay for a room and a meal. Of course, he has already asked the barman about that once, so a repeat might not be advisable.

Eddicus addresses the rest of the party and says, "How about this? Vottr and I can share one room, and Garret and Leonan another. Would that work? Garret, you would need to pay for the room until Leonan can earn enough to pay you back, because he has been a prisoner with no money for a while; but you said no one would notice you were there, so that should not disturb Leonan's comings and goings. Does that work for all of us? As a bonus, it would leave one room at the inn available if some other travelers should arrive in town later than we did."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Thank you, Eddicus, but I'm a bard. I never had to pay for the room. I'm sure we can agree that having me here will bring more people and thus more profit for the worthy barkeep. I'll collect enough this evening to pay for the room."

Turning toward Garret
"I'm not as bad as I made that sound. If I'm in company, I keep my instrument in its case."

Back to the barkeep
"So, how about those two rooms, good man. Would you mind pointing me toward your story teller? Would you happen to have a story to share? Of the evil empire in the making, squeezing its citizens dry, making them consider fleeing to greener pastures...and saving what they have instead of spending for evening entertainment?"

mips42

Adventurer
Looking a Leonan, 'Oh, old Grat should be wandering in any time. If your stories and such are as good as you say, we'll be happy to provide a room for you. Until then, you are free to take the rooms and rest or take up a seat in the common room.'

GameDoc

Explorer
"How much for a meal, a tankard, and the room?" Vottr asks.

Vottr plans to listen to Leonan and/or the house storyteller for as long as it takes to scarf down a meal and a few ales and then turn in for the night.

Remove ads