(IR) 3rd IR, Turn 1 - 2 (thread 1)

Alyx

First Post
Hello there, fellow friends and deadly enemies alike;

I'll be off to Myanmar from the 28th to the 6th, and the chances of me getting near a computer are slim. I'm also told that the chances of me using such a computer's internet for entertainment is effectivly the same odds that the forces of evil in this IR all lay down their arms next turn and we learn to live in peace. Read: None.

So, William will be in control of my forces for the duration of my absence. Please don't take the oppertunity to mash me into very fine pulp, although by all means do beat me up a little, as long as I can return the favour.

Selemat Hari Ini, I'll see ya all later.

William Ronald

Explorer
Kalanyr, Festy Dog, and the Forsaken One:

I am talking to my allies about truce proposals. I am waiting for a few proposals to be looked at. However, I believe a truce for turn 3 is VERY likely and I would like to talk with you about an extensive truce that may lead to permanent peace, if you desire.

I think we proved both sides can take and dish out a good beating. So I have a lot of respect for your capabilities.

Kalanyr, an official thanks for stopping the robots. Archcleric Hazen, in a friendly overture, sends you 40 barrels of wine which he urges you to share with your allies. (The best wine Hazen can get his hnds on). Also, the released prisoners will be given a little food to take home with them. They might have a long trip back home. (The Forsaken One, as many of your warriors are formians I guess they will get some sugar. Ants love sugar.:D)

Based on the information I received from Turrosh Mak, I believed I was going to be attacked first. Kalanyr has received some of the same information.

I am even willing to consider some sharing of technology. Also, let us all remember Edena is playing Vecna until further notice. He will be a lot harder than bonedagger. (I loved his somewhat laid back approach that had a gentlemanly manner. He tried hard not to be an 800 pound gorilla on the thread.)

Creamsteak

Explorer
To Serpenteyes...

I am still looking over your peace requests... the only thing... well its pretty much the whole thing actually...

Is that your asking for Land for peace, and not offering anything... of course I could state that I was delaying handing over such territory till the end of a turn, or two, or three, or four.

You are asking for 4 different counties... I would be willing to hand them over to you one per turn in the reverse order that you want them... but I still require an offer in exchange, even if it was mithral ore or donations in the Magic Arms Race or Technology Race.

We don't need to fight this round... but you KNOW I'm not afraid to launch insurgencies against you. Afterall... who counterattacked from the Grandwoods and Northern Hollow Highlands. Me.

Lets talk about this. I sent this as an email and I posted it on the Enworld board.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Your offer forgot to mention peace treaties... if we are just bartering then your offer may get another look. As far as peace is concerned here is what I say.

The stipulations I am hoping for right now are...

I give up Celadon Forest at the end of turn 3... as long as we are at peace, and you send me something in return (research or rare metals).

I give up Grandwoods at the end of turn 4... as long as we are at peace, and you send me something in return (research or rare metals).

Then we are on fair grounds... how does this sound? It is not a final draft of course, but this is getting very close to a deal.

Oh, by the way, We could include an agreement to attack Vecna in turn three on this if you have those intentions.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sollir, when you get a chance we should start talking as well... I am being fairly peace-hearted as of right now. That could be subject to change. Plus, if the Purple Blotchy thing signs peace with me...

well you wouldn't want to face MORE of my forces would you?

Looks like I'll be on for a while longer... contact me if you can.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Cream

The problem with attacking Vecna is that we cannot do it until Vecna attacks someone. And even then we might not get troops to the area before Vecna has ran away. I certainly see no reason why we could not form a universal anti-Vecna alliance, though. It might help tie the nations closer together, uniting against a common enemy.

And I did offer you peace. See your e-mail

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Lists Post for Turn 3 - Completed

(This version of the List Post is deleted.
The accurate version is over on the Vital Information about the IR thread.)

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena. I sent you an e-mail before turn 2 where I stated that I spent 24 points on advancing my civilization during turn 2. This has not been included in my powerlevel.

---
Wow! It looks like Kaboom is going to inflict some serious kaboomage in the future. With all this talk about Vecna we've forgot who the real threat is, Vecna is a but a child compared to that power.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
That's why I am asking everyone to send me the templates prior to Turn 3.
I don't want to miss any information like that ever again.

You get your 24 points. (Heck, if I gave the Lortmil Technomancy a PL of 50, I can give the Dark Union their 24 points!)
I will modify the Lists at once.

My regrets for my mistake. If everyone sends me neat templates dictating exactly what they are doing in the Arms Races, prior to Turn 3, I doubt I will make that mistake again.
But it is difficult, when one must read through hundreds of posts looking for that one sentence that states an allocation of points.

Edena_of_Neith

Remove ads