Dilema, what stat to increase?

Clumsy Bob

First Post
OK, next gaming session my Pal1/Clr of Kelemvor2 will reach 4th level (hopefully) which means stat increase time.
I have a choice of 3 stats that will benefit this one point increase and they are -
STR 15>16 imeadiate +1hit/damage, nice cos I currently suck at combat. (low die rolls mainly)
WIS 17>18 bonus spell (eventually) increase save DC & will save.
CHA 18>19 No bonus, but one step closer to 20 for those turning attempts and paladin bonuses.

I will probably go for the WIS increase but what would you do?

Cheers

Bob

Pax

Banned
Banned
Wisdom or Strength, I say.

Since you're Pal(1)/Cleric(2), and (I gues) going for Pal(1)/Cleric(3) ... the Wisdom is more useful; a mostly-cleric character needs wisdom more'n anything else.

If instead you're going Pal(2)/Cleric(2), go for the strength this time, and commit to the Wisdom next time. 8)

IMO, anyway. YMMV.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
If you intend to be a cleric primarily, go for Wisdom if you prefer spells or Str if you prefer to buff yourself and go into melee.

If paladin, it's a tossup between Str and Cha.

Crothian

First Post
I say Charisma. It helps with lay on hands, all saving throws, and turning. Of course, this doesn't help till 8th level but you'll be thankful for it then. My second chopice would be Wisdom.

Darklone

Assuming you can't advance as paladin anymore... Wisdom.

Charisma and Strength will be your best candidates for Bulls strength and Eagles splendor spells with cleric lvl3.... it does not hurt that much if you have an odd score then. Your turning will be pretty good anyhow, but think about all those nice Hold Person spells and commands...

Bauglir

First Post
Strength - this looks like a build meant for melee, so the extra +1 to hit and damage is much more useful than the +1 to save DCs, as I suspect you'll mostly be buffing/healing anyway.

As for the charisma 18 is pretty high anyway, and you can get charisma boosting items easily enough as you level up.

Fenes 2

First Post
I'd up charisma, probably, depends on what amount of diplomacy and solcial situations you get in your game. For the player of the paladin in my campaign, where the players prefer social interaction to combat, it is a non-issue. But even in a more combat-centric campaign, charisma enhances a paladin's saves, and with the right feat from DotF it can add to damage as well for a couple rounds each day. IIRC it also boosts the Lay on hands ability.

officeronin

First Post
Wisdom -- helps on spells and it's an odd number (get the benefits now...)

At 8 and 12, I'd grab either wisdom or charisma, assuming you have feats that add bonuses based of turning.

Strength? No way. The odd number just means it's pretty likely that your bulls strength will do it for you. Besides, there are good strength spells later on, too.

OfficeRonin

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases