D&D 5E [IC] Leif's 5E Alpha Game

Leif

Adventurer
This was the OOC thread for the game, until I realized it was in the wrong forum. So there's a screen or two of discussion about the game before the action starts. Pay no attention to the Players behind the curtain.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Riderpride81 and Alizaar, fee free to discuss what characters you'd like to play, and we'll see if we can't make something work here.

Alizaar

First Post
Well I think I would like to try out a warlock. I'm playing a pali in one IRL campaign I'm in and I've played a rogue also. Warlock looks like it would be interesting .

Riderpride81

First Post
Man so many to choose from. But I do have an inkling to try a Barbarian/Fighter hybrid. One question this leads to though, is if other sources are allowed for character creation? Specifically the Elemental Evil Player's Companion from WotC (I can provide a link later if need be). They added the Genasi, Deep Gnome and Goliath races, and I had a rather fun Goliath barbarian in 4E that I'd like to bring into 5E and see how he plays out.

Hard to choose though, when I've had such a lengthy arsenal of favorite characters over the years. If the Goliath doesn't pan out, I've also got a Ranger on deck I'd like to give a shot.

Leif

Adventurer
Here's the thing about Genasi -- I'm not prepared to allow any race that starts with racial levels before class levels. In fact, I'd be more comfortable with vmore traditional races and classes.

Riderpride81

First Post
Here's the thing about Genasi -- I'm not prepared to allow any race that starts with racial levels before class levels. In fact, I'd be more comfortable with vmore traditional races and classes.

I had to look that part up about Racial levels to see what it was you were looking at. But, as an added note to this, the races that were added with the Player's companion (Aarakocra, Genasi, Goliath and Deep gnome) don't use the Racial Level rule. These are simply new race templates. http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/EE_PlayersCompanionv2.pdf Can be found at this link here. If you're still not comfortable with the races though, I will certainly understand and respect your decision, which is why I have a backup plan, just in case.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases