Some famous starships

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I was just idling away, and looked up some famous ship tonnages to figure out what class ship they'd be using the WOIN rules. Here's what I got.

Vessel Class
Andromeda Ascendant Glorious Heritage Class XVI Cruiser
Battlestar Galactica Battlestar Class XXV Carrier
EAS Agamemnon Omega Class XXII Destroyer
Imperial I Class Star Destroyer
Imperial I Class XXX Carrier
Millenium Falcon YT-1300 Class I Freighter
Serenity Firefly Class I Transport
SSV Normandy SR-1 Normandy Class V Frigate
SSV Normandy SR-2 Normandy Class VIII Frigate
Tantive IV Class VI Blockade Runner
USCSS Nostromo Bison Class VI Transport
USS Enterprise NCC 1701 Constitution Class XI Cruiser
USS Enterprise NCC 1701-D Galaxy Class XIV Cruiser
White Star White Star Class XIV Destroyer

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The original Enterprise was a heavy cruiser, and the Enterprise D was an Explorer-type vessel (basically, a heavily-armed long-range scout ship).

The "heavy" part of "cruiser" is defined by its class. But, yeah, we could debate about what nomenclature to use all day. I went with FASA's Star Trek builds of the ships, but you can design them differently if you prefer. I was mainly trying to give some examples of stuff that the system can handle.

Kosh Kaltu

Villager
This is an approximation of the Conestoga Class Lt Cruiser from Aliens (re: Sulaco). I'm new to posting these things and have some concern that I might mess this up, so be please be patient with me. (Obviously anything from Aliens is property of 21st Century Fox Studios and this is merely a fan contribution. This material is not for sale. Please don't sue me. Etc.) The statistics aren't exact, but it's surprisingly close.

Attachments

• Aliens Conestoga Class VIII Lt Cruiser Stat Block.jpg
    Aliens Conestoga Class VIII Lt Cruiser Stat Block.jpg
    757.3 KB · Views: 545
Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just a note, where you have things like "Messhall (1)", the number denotes the capacity, not the number of messhalls. That means the messhall is just about big enough for one person. I definitely remember a whole bunch of folks sitting round eating together! :)

You should always feel free to change the names of components if you're modelling an existing ship.

Kosh Kaltu

Villager
Thanks! I'll make the adjustments. I actually used the WOIN Ship Builder app , which didn't give me the option to change the names, but I'll make some adjustments and update the beast when I can. :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases