Thursday -- The New Saturday

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
That's weird. You can't appreciate something you don't like and recognize it as good but just not for you? There are plenty of shows that I would call good that I don't like just like there are shows that I like but I wouldn't call them good.

it makes it hard to judge though. I don't like the Zombie and Vampire shows that have glutted TV over the past few years, I don't watch many crime drama's or things like Revenge (I have friends who rave about it) or the various White House dramas. Hell I don't really watch comedies either, so while I can appreciate that others like them and see that the shows get good ratings I'm not really in a position to say if they're good or bad

hmm, on reflection it seems I only watch superhero dramas and the news...

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That's weird. You can't appreciate something you don't like and recognize it as good but just not for you? There are plenty of shows that I would call good that I don't like just like there are shows that I like but I wouldn't call them good.

I will say that I feel the movie "Sin City" is excellent, insofar as it is technically very well crafted, and does exactly what it sets out to do with great effect.

It is just that I really don't like what it sets out to do.

:)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I wouldn't know. Almost everything I watch is time-shifted via DVR, On Demand, and Netflix services. I can barely remember what night most of my favorite shows actually air!

Yeah, I'm sort of the same way.

I had to look at a fall tv schedule to see what is on on Thursdays...

I'm currently watching Heroes Reborn, The Blacklist and The Player on Thursdays. So.... three shows. I wouldn't really call that dead, at least not for me.

Granted Heroes Reborn and The Player are sorta meh imo, but I'm still watching them for now and I still like the Blacklist enough that I look forward to it.

So I guess for me Thursdays are good TV nights.

If I had to give a bad weekday night for TV I would say Friday. I got nothing to watch on Fridays. So I guess to each their own.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
blacklist is good!

bummer, I just looked at hulu to find out why there has been no posting to my que and it only provides links to NBC. I have to hit favs and go there instead of automatic postings.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases