THOUGHTS ON RUSTY DRAGON SET

The full set has nearly all been revealed now for the next Pathfinder Battles miniature set coming out next month. I was wondering what people are thinking about it. Are non-creature type themes okay? Are the figures what you want and which ones?

Many Ghouls which has uses.

Many NPC types

Furniture and wagons for the chase figures?

If you doo like the theme..... what other themes would you want? Gladiatorial Arena? Shipping Docks? Temples (good & evil)?

Just curious

Onussen

First Post
They've had to push back other releases as well, like the Pathfinder Battles Iconic Heroes sets. in this set it is nice to see them including minis inspired by some of the NPC artwork like the Mage-Spy.

Furnishings, Wagons, etc are nice, but I can use papercraft, or scratch-build, for those.

Kinda in the same boat. Furniture isn't my thing for 3-D figures. Not as monster heavy as I would prefer but there is need for NPCs also.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I like the dungeon dressings and tavern stuff but maybe in a separate release, let monsters and NPCs, etc be the main push inside a release. I'll probably pick up the tavern stuff as singles in the aftermarket arena.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
The set is mixed.

Lots of useful human non-adventuring and adventuring figures. *Lots* of decent quality ghouls. Nice mounted goblin and Orc. Not enough dungeon dressing -- one could use several times more crates and barrels and a few more carts. The frost giant ought to have been a rare, as should have been the golem. The rat creature is nice as is Beaky the Owlbear. The Bunyip is meh. The gelatinous cube is rather quite good. The bugbears are ok but the bugbear mystic is poor, and the very big bugbear works better as a hill giant.

The set is a nice addition if you already have a lot of figures.

Thx!
TomB

I've been picking up some of the ghouls as a special group of intelligent flesh eaters for my group. They can double as vampires also.

Since I have complete sets going back to Harbinger I dislike seeing more Flesh Golems and the such but understand the need for newer collectors. I would like to see more unique figures..... and Hags. For all the various types they seem very under-represented.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Have you checked out the Reign of Winter set? The Crone Queen and Female Ice Troll work as hags, and there are lots of witches in the set.

Thx!

TomB

Remove ads