OotS 1009

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I'm not sure, but I'm guessing either Durkon already talked to Roy about it not being his fault or that Durkon just gave Durkula a slightly falsified memory.

Correction: From the OOTS forums:

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff

"I think Roy is just realizing that this level of sadism doesn't fit "Durkon, but Evil," especially since he's claiming Durkon was a jerk retroactively ("one thing I've always wondered")."

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant

"Yes, exactly. This is a tactical error on the part of the vampire, not a trick on the part of Durkon."

Last edited:

Dioltach

Legend
I wonder if Roy will live long enough for not counteracting it to catch up with him?

Surely the "deadly green energy" only affects the object of the attack? That's how these things generally work in D&D.

In fact, considering that the green energy is "particularly harmful to undead" and that Roy looks like he's been healed in the final panel of this latest comic, the green energy might in fact be a positive-energy effect, like the reverse of a vampiric attack.

Scorpio616

First Post
Surely the "deadly green energy" only affects the object of the attack? That's how these things generally work in D&D.

In fact, considering that the green energy is "particularly harmful to undead" and that Roy looks like he's been healed in the final panel of this latest comic, the green energy might in fact be a positive-energy effect, like the reverse of a vampiric attack.
Those ideas are incongruent with the way the blacksmith approached the issue of the Deadly Green Energy in the comic it was introduced in, as a side effect to be counteracted.

But you have a good point that Roys injuries seem gone. So maybe a retcon is afoot. (Might also be an artistic choice to have not drawn the #'s and /'s on Roy for that panel)

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Hey, if Durkon is possessed, then can Roy pause the fight and ask for Durkon's vote to be determined? Would Durkon be a valid represtantive of Thor? Or is that covered already?

Thx!

TomB

Remove ads