Anyone affiliated with birthright.net?

Neither the password recovery, not the Contact form is working at www.birthright.net, which leaves me out of luck trying to log in.

Sorry if this isn't a good place for it, but you know, official channels aren't available by nature of the issue, and I figured this is one of the best places to reach out to D&D fandom (including Birthright fans likely to work with the site).

Thanks.

VikingLegion

Explorer
Sorry to hear that. I can't help you, but I'm in the same boat at http://www.planewalker.com/ I've tried username/password recovery, but no email is ever sent to my inbox, despite it saying one has. One thing you might want to try (didn't work for me, but perhaps you'll have better luck) is to create a new account, linked to a temporary email - just make something up at Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, whatever as a "one shot" useage for this purpose. I understand making a new account isn't as desirable, as you will have to re-establish yourself, particularly if you were a well known contributor, but just being able to get access to the forums might allow you to then investigate the problem from the inside and contact/bug report the right people.

Yeah, good suggestion. That's probably what I'll have to do. Rather than making a new email account, I'll just try one of the ones I have. It would be easier if I knew which once I used before, of course.

As far as planewalker, I'm pretty sure you can run into someone associated with that site here, so you should be able to get in contact with someone. If you can't, I'll see if I can log in to that one and contact someone for you.

Hmm. The whole "Image could not be verified due to serve issues" problem is pretty darn insurmountable. There is no way to contact that site without going through the image verification, and it's broken. People are still posting content though, so its not like its a dead site.

VikingLegion

Explorer
Hmm. The whole "Image could not be verified due to serve issues" problem is pretty darn insurmountable. There is no way to contact that site without going through the image verification, and it's broken. People are still posting content though, so its not like its a dead site.

Yep, and that's what makes it even more frustrating. I can see conversations going on, continuing each day, and want to contribute but am unable to do so. It's tough, because these smaller "niche" setting forums like Birthright and Planescape have fairly small user bases as it is, you'd think that each member is a precious commodity and that having functioning means of allowing old members to re-log in and making it possible for new blood to sign up would be of paramount importance.

VikingLegion

Explorer
As far as planewalker, I'm pretty sure you can run into someone associated with that site here, so you should be able to get in contact with someone. If you can't, I'll see if I can log in to that one and contact someone for you.

The only person I've run into here that has "dual citizenship" in both EN World and Planewalker is Quickleaf. I PMd him here and he was kind enough to post my dilemma in the Bug Report section over at Planewalker, but nothing ever came of it. I don't know if the moderator over there simply isn't as active as before, or he/she can't fix the problem. And since I can't seem to generate a new account via alternate email address, I don't see any other way to fix the issue.

Do you want me to attempt to make a Birthright account to see if I get the same server error?

nijineko

Explorer
i think i'm on both birthright and planewalker. i can check.

plane walker yes, birthright maybe, can't recall the password. *^^*

in any case, can't register new accounts either due to the same error.

Last edited:

One thing I might try if I get motivated enough (might never happen) is to see whose names are popping up on the birthright forums and then do a member search at EnWorld to see if they are on here too. If anyone else feels more motivation than I do, feel free to go ahead and do it first.

Remove ads