The Force Awakens full trailer

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
So, why isn't Luke in any trailer (except when we see his robot arm pets R2-D2). Luke is evil? Any Luke clip is too spoilery? Luke isn't in the film for more than 30 seconds?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So, why isn't Luke in any trailer (except when we see his robot arm pets R2-D2). Luke is evil? Any Luke clip is too spoilery? Luke isn't in the film for more than 30 seconds?

I can only assume there's something spoilers about his appearance.

(Included trailer for those who don't want to click away).

[video=youtube;sGbxmsDFVnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE[/video]

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It looks good. But I'm still ruthlessly refusing to get my hopes up.

Anyway, tickets are now booked - midnight on the 17th.

By that do you mean the Wednesday night (so 12.01am on the 17th, but really that's the night of the 16th/17th)? That's when ours are booked for!

delericho

Legend
By that do you mean the Wednesday night (so 12.01am on the 17th, but really that's the night of the 16th/17th)? That's when ours are booked for!

Yep. Actually 00:05 on the 17th. I'm not looking forward to going in to work on that Thursday morning!

bjlester

First Post

There are rumors that Luke doesn't get much screen time in The Force Awakens, not appearing until the end. Ironically, Mark's been actively campaigning to reprise his role as Luke in a sequel since the release of Return of the Jedi while his costars seemed largely uninterested. Now that his opportunity has finally come, he gets just a few minutes of screen time while they feature throughout the film. I have to assume that they are setting him up for a larger role in the coming films.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Yep. Actually 00:05 on the 17th. I'm not looking forward to going in to work on that Thursday morning!

I fully expect our local cinema to offer a Star Wars Special: episodes 1-6 running until midnight, and episode 7 directly afterwards. Well, 20 years ago I would have been part of it, but nowadays? :yawn:

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
There are rumors that Luke doesn't get much screen time in The Force Awakens, not appearing until the end. Ironically, Mark's been actively campaigning to reprise his role as Luke in a sequel since the release of Return of the Jedi while his costars seemed largely uninterested. Now that his opportunity has finally come, he gets just a few minutes of screen time while they feature throughout the film. I have to assume that they are setting him up for a larger role in the coming films.

Each sequel could put the emphasis on one of the three main characters. First up is Solo, then Leia, then the Big Jedi. Not sure I'm too crazy about that.

I still just want Luke to say to Kylo Ren at the end of the first film "Join me. Join... the dark side." Cue Imperial March and fade out. That would be dramatic if a bit cliché. What would be even more dramatic is have some people in the audience go "Luke. NO!", "This is BS! Luke would never do that!" and the classic "They ruined it! They ruined my childhood!". At least from the people who aren't familiar with that storyline from the novels. That would be perfect. /wipes tear

Remove ads