[Merged]3.5e Official DMG PrC List and Psion's "next trick" thread

William Ronald

Explorer
Many of these look interesting. It seems there is an effort to address some of the different multi-class combinations that did not translate well from previous editions to D&D 3.0. Perhaps the PrCs will provide a solution to some of the issues that made multi-classing for some classes not as favorable as some of the other combinations.

(Some people have suggested for a revision of the multi-classing rules. I think something that drastic would be more suited for a 4th edition, which will not likely be released anytime soon.)

Olive

Explorer
Thanks for that!

Maybe the Horizon Walker is like some kind of remake of the gatecrasher from MotP?

The thaumaturgist sounds good too.

I am worried about power creep myself, but we'll see...

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Archmage I agree with, but the Red Wizard is setting-specific, to a setting that many people seem to dislike quite intensely. I think they should have renamed it and made it more generic for inclusion in the core rulebooks.

Olive

Explorer
Korimyr the Rat said:
Archmage I agree with, but the Red Wizard is setting-specific, to a setting that many people seem to dislike quite intensely. I think they should have renamed it and made it more generic for inclusion in the core rulebooks.

I think that the point of the red wizard was to demonstrate a campaign specific PrC as an example of how people should make them for their own campaigns...

Gez

First Post
Olive, yep. The Red Wizard is here to illustrate this kind of PrC.

The Eldritch Knight is the revised Spellsword.

So, the only new PrC (those that aren't (revised) reprints from elsewhere) are the Horizon Walker, Mystic Theurge, and Thaumaturgist.

Arcane Trickster, Dragon Disciple and Eldritch Knight come from Tome & Blood.

Duelist comes from Sword & Fist.

Archmage, Hierophant, and Red Wizard come from the FRCS.

Skarp Hedin

First Post
I forget, is Greyhawk or Faerun the default setting? Hyuk.

Seems to me that if they really wanted to maintain the idea that Greyhawk is the default setting, renaming a setting-specific prestige class would be a good step.

Could leave everything the same and de-flavor it from the Forgotten Realms, but leaving the setting stuff seems kind of counter-productive (to the default-setting Greyhawk stuff) when you use a non-default setting.

LightPhoenix

First Post
It only seems obvious to use campaign-specific prestige classes from the default campaign, which they failed to do.

On the other hand, these are already constructed, which I'm sure helped move the process along to other topics than campaign-specific prestige classes.

Remove ads