SWORD COAST LEGENDS Is Out Today

Plenty of people paid up for the Head Start access, and have been playing it for a while, but today's the day that Sword Coast Legends goes on general release. It's the latest in a long tradition of D&D branded videogames, and includes a single player campaign and a DM-mode which allows you to run adventures for your friends. There are reviews all over the web - you can find more than you could ever want to read with a couple of clicks - and they seem generally positive amongst non-tabletop D&D players and negative amongst those who were hoping for a faithful recreation of the D&D 5th Edition rules. You can grab the game from Steam and other places.

Plenty of people paid up for the Head Start access, and have been playing it for a while, but today's the day that Sword Coast Legends goes on general release. It's the latest in a long tradition of D&D branded videogames, and includes a single player campaign and a DM-mode which allows you to run adventures for your friends. There are reviews all over the web - you can find more than you could ever want to read with a couple of clicks - and they seem generally positive amongst non-tabletop D&D players and negative amongst those who were hoping for a faithful recreation of the D&D 5th Edition rules. You can grab the game from Steam and other places.

I posted my initial impressions here. It's currently available for PCs; console versions will be arriving in early 2016.

ddeluxe.png

freeAgent

Explorer
Looks like it's being patched already. I went to load it up just now, and Steam is downloading an update for the game. I can't seem to find any patch notes, though.

Today's patch notes are here: https://forums.swordcoast.com/index.php?/topic/7236-patch-notes-1022/

o Enabled a fix to DMs not being able to loot in doorways

o Talking to a vendor will not drag in other players in multiplayer any longer unless the vendor is involved in an active quest or quest moment

o Enabled a fix to be able to get into into Golgamann's shop in the main story campaign

o Fix to variety of issues with DM Pewters in DM Mode

o Fixed AI controlled companions so that they will not attack unconscious enemies automatically any longer (and wake them up), but will switch targets if any are available

o Fix to some gold rewards duplicating in multiplayer

o Fix for alt-enter/full screen toggle not working after quitting back to main menu

o Bryn will now be in camp for anyone that met her while she was broken

Sacrosanct

Legend
Well, I put in a refund request through Steam. Hope it works in my favor. Not only did I not get any of the deluxe items that it said I was getting, but the game crashes 100% of the time on the loading screen after the first introduction quest. And I do mean 100% of the time. Double annoying since you can't save at any point in the introductory quest, so I replayed it a dozen times to be sure it was exactly at that point.

Never thought I'd long for the days of Daggerfall again. But congrats whoever put this game together. You've outdone that horrible buggy release.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Update on my process to recreate Dues for the Dead. I cant actually seem to creat my own dungeon. I can randomise a Dungeon (well I could I need to download more program now). I dont know if they will include it at a future point (or is it already there, I couldnt find it)

I just dont get out the reviews are giving it 5/10 or 25 percent. It should be at 2-3 and 12 percent.

dd.stevenson

Super KY
Once the bugs are patched, I could probably recommend this game as a decent $5 summer sale pickup.

Otherwise it's just a deeply mediocre unity action rpg with the D&D license slapped on. Crikey, even the storytelling is semi-professional. The only thing this game will be remembered for is the questionable marketing claims.

Remove ads

Remove ads