Is'Merith - Campaign Thread

Sezarious

Explorer
To clarify, our three heroes ARE standing presently on timber scaffolding. The space between walkway and shack is quite narrow, no more than 5ft wide as you move through. After they moved over the bridge, Alejandro had begun to take them through the more solid platforms and living areas. On observation however, each party member notices a very ordinary looking wall about 5ft high positioned to their left, however they are not PRESENTLY in any position to shove their enemies off.

Shen may be able to pin the half-elf to the wall of the shack behind him however. As she looks behind, she can see the nervous male looks flimsy. With a swift movement as she hurls the trident over her body, Shen brings the trident hurtling towards the half-elf.

Shen vs. half elf athletics vs. acrobatics roll

Shen ([roll0]

Half Elf ([roll1]

Macv12

First Post
*WHUD-d-d-d-d-d*

Shen smirks at the half-elf's surprise, then turns her gaze to the half-orc as she reaches for her halberd. "Best clear off, buddy. Some of us have tempers."

[sblock="OOC"]I'll let this ride on of whatever intimidation the rest of the party does.

Btw, the narrow path means we can't fight side-by-side, right? If an enemy approaches me before my turn, I want to try to pole vault over them with my halberd before attacking, to flank with Daedarai. Otherwise I stand in front of Daedarai and ready an attack in case someone approaches (nonlethal if no enemy has attacked, lethal if they have). If they flee and Alejandro is still fighting, I'll use Reach to swing over his head at whoever he's fighting. Then run over and kick anyone running away in the pants, but let them escape.[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
Initiative

Daedarai 19
Alejandro 17
Shen 17
Thugs 7

With a loud thud and a twang, the half elf is pinned squirming against the wall, the trident's handle wobbling up and down from the impact; the half-elfs sloppy reflexes are no match to those of a trained soldier. As he squirms, he chokes slightly for breath as his weight gradually begins to cause the wall of the shack behind him to give way. Shen turns to the half-Orc and gives him a fierce stare causing said half-Orc to wet his pants.

Daedarai positions himself in front of the half-elf, within reach of the half-Orc, striking at his frightened foe (attack roll total 21). He hits him the ribcage whilst he wasn't looking (5+5+3=13), the half-Orc, barely standing.

With that, Alejandro gives out a mighty bellow of anger and runs at the leader, leaping up and swinging down towards the man's head (attack roll total 16). Though the flail misses the mans head, you see it strike his right shoulder, hearing a loud popping sound quickly followed by multiple small cracks (7+2+2=11) The man grunts in pain, giving the gnome a dirty look.

Shen jumps in quickly again, taking out her halberd, granting Daedarai the ability to strike a foes vulnerable spots already where she is, she chooses not to move (attack roll total 20). She jabs firmly in the same wound Daedarai just opened; blood gushing everywhere, he fell to the ground (total 8 points damage).

The leading male took a step back, swinging at Alejandro from the right and missing (natural 1); the big sledgehammer wielder swinging down from above, bringing his weight down to strike at Alejandro (attack roll 18 total). Alejandro raised the handle of his flail above his head, trying to parry the blow, but the sheer power of the blow could be seen rippling through his little body as his back threatened to buckle (10 damage (becomes 5)).

With the sound of cracking, one of the floorboards broke below Alejandro's feet. He took a deep breath and swung the big mans hammer away with his flail, the mans stupid grin turning to a look of shock as he stumbled back.

Daedarai looked back in shock, bearing witness to the little gnomes struggle. Drawing his shortbow, he took aim at the obese man, firing and striking him in the neck as he strum led back (total attack roll 15). The man fell backward, gripping the arrow helplessly as he started to choke on his own blood (4+5+3=12). He wasn't getting up again.

Alejandro turned to the leader again, swinging his flail against the side of the man's head (total attack roll 16). With a crack, the man collapsed in a heap.

The half-elf raised his hands above his head "Ghehh, wh- Ih shurrendah". He gripped the trident again, steadying his head so he could breathe.

level-up-text.png

What do you all do?

Last edited:

"That. Really. Hurt."

Alejandro punches the pinned man hard in the nose before pulling the trident out and handing it back to Shen.

"M'lady."

He starts off again before the whole structure caves in.

"Thank you for helping me, both of you".

His face a thunderous mask, he glares at anyone who looks in their direction.

[sblock=OOC] I'll take the standard HP for my level up please[/sblock]

Matthan

Explorer
[SBLOCK=OOC]I’m assuming Alejandro’s punch would be enough to knock that guy unconscious.[/SBLOCK]

A deep breath fills his lungs, as Daedarai attempts to calm his pounding heart. After a long exhale, he whispers, “I never did like this part of town.” Putting his equipment away, he turns and speaks to his comrades, “That should send a pretty clear message to anyone else that may have wanted to bother us. You’re both very dangerous. That’s going to serve us well.”

Kneeling down, he wrenches his arrow free only to find the impact successfully mangled it. Still crouched, he gives a quick glance over their fallen attackers to see if there is anything worth taking the time to search. “We need to keep moving, but if there’s anything of value, grab it. They certainly don’t need it. These men will be stripped clean and rotting in a cistern or worse within the hour. Peer’at has a way of making life cheap.”

[SBLOCK=OOC]For the level, I’m fine with average HP. I’m continuing with rogue and aiming towards Arcane Trickster at 3.

For above, I just wanted to make a general perception check to see if there was anything worth taking from them. If there is and I can grab it quickly, I will. If I can’t get it quickly, I’ll leave it. If the structure is failing, I would put safety before loot.[/SBLOCK]

Macv12

First Post
Shen snatches the weapon from the air and points it at the one remaining hooligan. "Go back to your mama! She oughta be ashamed! What's an elf boy doing with these bottom-feeders, huh? Have some pride." Satisfied, she gets her beer from her sack and takes a small victory toast. The stuff sure doesn't taste like victory, but what better way to celebrate exploits in a new city than with the local flavor? She'll only have the opportunity until she leaves town, and given the danger of the work, that won't be long after she gets tired of being a thief.

Restoring the bottle, she takes up her part of the crate before the district crumbles under them. "Ain't nothin', Al, that's how this works. You good?" After a hit like that, it's hard to believe his little body could get away unbroken.

She leaves the bodies to Daedarai; the dead rarely had anything worth the disrespect, to her, and they sure weren't worth trophies. Her chest does swell a little at the man's words, though. 'Dangerous.' (You bet I am.) Place seems safe enough so far for her, not much worse than the odd wolf pack about.

"You know, Rai...you're pretty dangerous yourself. Like, that was some serious hit-man-type stuff. I'm starting to feel like you're not a proper thief. What do you do?"

[sblock="OOC"]Adding standard HP should give me 21 total, which will be nice in case I ever take damage :p

Also taking Defense style for 14 total AC. New feature is Skirmisher's Stealth, which lets me stay hidden from someone through my turn if I started hidden, and bonus action to try to hide again.[/sblock]

Last edited:

[sblock=OOC]So I get Danger Sense and Reckless Attack now, and average HP will put my max up to 21. Question ~ does levelling up heal the damage I took or am I still on (13-5) 8 right now?[/sblock]

Alejandro bursts out laughing.

He has to support himself against the wall for a moment.

Wiping his eyes, he claps Daederai on the back.

"Ah, you crack me up. Come on, let's forge ahead."

Sezarious

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Daedarai , you find 3 silver and 18 copper. You also find a vial on the leader containing a tiny trace of black residue. You also note that this residue has been coated onto a nail on the leaders club. Already, the mixture is drying out and flaking away.

You're not convinced it's poison, but you could be wrong. You know that poison isn't cheap, so given the poverty of the district, you doubt it is. Still, it MIGHT be, but you doubt it would be very strong.

Alejandro, nah, I don't want to make it too easy for you all haha (especially with Shen worried she hasn't been hit yet).

Shen, I'm liking Ambuscade. It's quite fun and it's probably most effective when used for improvised actions etc given that you can only take one attack. It's got almost a 3.5 Fighter feel to it. You could use that ability to try a disarm or a shove or something. (Renegade Interrupt if you will?)

Can I please ask you all a favour? Could you please repost your character sheets in the link below "Is'Merith Character Sheets". Any time you need to level up, add or remove gear etc, you can go there. I don't want to take complete administrative control of your levelling up etc, because aside from the extra workload, I don't want to detract from your experience like some sort of micromanager.

Also, it would be sooo much easier for me too.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?471605-Is-Merith-Character-Sheets&p=6744534#post6744534[/sblock]

Daedarai grabs a couple of coins from the leader, carefully examining his club before standing up to move on. Alejandro and Shen both notice Daedarai was right about the inhabitants here; show them you're tough and you're not afraid to kill and they scatter like cockroaches. Before long, you reach the big tower up towards the other end of Peer'at, the locals all giving you a wide birth as you pass by... Word travels quickly down here.

Daedarai does the talking with one of the guards, making subtle movements with his hands and flicks with his head, he is able to confirm through secondary conversation, the thieves cant that the guard is indeed a part of the guild. To anyone else, this would look like people having normal conversation, but to the trained eye, a smuggling operation was underway.

Our party reached the surface with safely and with speed, their precious cargo intact.

You are now positioned in the busy merchant district Kor. The northernmost district in the city, home to many wealthy merchants. This is also where most outsiders can be found. The district is full of bustle with markets everywhere, food stalls and also, the auction yards where sometimes rare items are sold off.

Daedarai leads the party to the warehouses in this district that surround the canal. Eventually, you reach a large wherehouse dedicated to the sale of items ranging from jewellery and jewels to weapons, tools such as tinderboxes,lanterns, etc lined with silver and other above average quality crafted items, art, rugs, silverware and other bits and pieces. In front of the warehouse is a small office building where Daedarai enters, the party following, being greeted by an old balding man. . He Starts what seems to be a conversation with the old man, asking directions.

Again, through use of the cant, Daedarai begins to subtly inform the man about his cargo through head movements and hand gestures, the old man responding in kind. The other party members curious and slightly confused that Daedarai would need to ask directions to his own guild.

[sblock=The cant conversation]

D: "Greetings guild brother" (Short bow, left hand across chest, pointer finger and thumb open, other fingers clenched),
"I have goods" (open arms, fists clenched, then open your palms),
"for the guild" (as per "greetings guild brother" minus the bow),
"Category - animal - living" (displays back of open hand for category - touches his pinky with his thumb for animal - raises his hand up for living),
"urgent" (taps two fingers on the bench),
"FAS"(right hand pretends to twist doorknob).

Old Man: (Does not respond with any body language until Daedarai is finished)
"FAS" (As above),
"Animal" (As above),
"Urgent" (As above),
"Please confirm I understand" (Scratches his chin)

D: "Confirmed" (Thumb up)
[/sblock]

The old man ends conversation telling Daedarai he can't help him with Directions, apologising. Daedarai responds "Thanks anyway" and they leave the shop.

The old man comes out after you with a book and quill, taking a signal whistle from his pockets, he waves to a pair of dockworkers on top of a ship and blows on the whistle for 3 seconds, followed by 5 short bursts (translation: Urgent cargo coming your way, dock 5). The dockworkers leave the ship and head to a pile of crates, they then start loading them onto the ship.

Daedarai smiles and nods, picking up the crate, he walks over to the crate pile, he places the crate about 5 foot from the rest and begins walking towards dock 5, where a great big ship is located.

What do you all do?

Last edited:

Remove ads