Is'Merith - Campaign Thread

[sblock=OOC] Alejandro is in the market for a set of thieves tools (my background gives me proficiency but no actual tools); some healing potions; and anything that might pique his interest, magically-speaking.

He wants to explore the Undercity but on his own with Archie he has felt unable to; perhaps with some help it might be easier.

He asks Archie to make time this week to scope the place out.[/sblock]

Alejandro smiles his biggest, goofiest smile, hiding his morning star underneath his cloak and leaning on his quarterstaff. He pockets his gold. He doesn't know these people and suddenly he is in a larger group that he is used to. He doesn't want people to know his capabilities - not yet. He welcomes the newcomers.

"Right, then. Pub?" He looks at each in turn, finishing with Daederai. "Pub."

He sets off out of the room, and over his shoulder calls out "Drinks are on you....boss" in Daederai's direction.

"Seems to me there's a lot to catch up on, and more than one way to skin a gnoll, if you know what I mean."

Last edited:

Matthan

Explorer
This had gone better than he had imagined. A promotion, an independent cell, and additional personnel for the team were all huge gains. For that much to come so quickly though meant that they were involved in something serious. Whatever they had stumbled onto sounded like it went deep too. No druids and a refusal to allow anyone to examine the land certainly seemed to point a valuable secret about the city and the desert being kept from the public. The next step will be to discover the secret and then to figure out how to turn it into a profit. Hopefully, the guild’s interrogation of the FAS captive will yield some hints for where to focus the search. If druids are being kept out, smuggling one in may be a viable strategy.

Daedarai was still mulling things over when he heard Alejandro’s call for a pub. “I think that’s a great idea. We should take some time to get acquainted with one another if we’re to be working together. I know that Guildmaster Kyle has already shared our names, but, Mina and Isaac, I am pleased to meet you and welcome you to our little partnership. There is a place near here that is friendly to the guild and our need for privacy. When you leave here to go towards the market, on your left you’ll see a building with a sign of a yellow horse. That’s the pub. I need to stay for a few moments to make arrangements for our crew and I am sure that some of you are anxious to see what the market might hold. How about we meet up at the Jaundiced Horse in about a half hour? After a drink, we can start to plot out our next steps.”

[SBLOCK=OOC]I am not intending the time break to be narrated if we don’t want it, but that should allow anyone to get the supplies they want and allow for my character to be told the information that he needs about safe houses and such. If we want to narrate the shopping trip, that’s fine, but I’m also fine with skipping to the pub though I suppose if there are magical items, we’ll need to know about them and cost which would require a post.

Also for the market, are we assuming that all PHB items are available at half cost? Because, if so, that's awesome and I'll spend some gold.[/SBLOCK]

Macv12

First Post
Shen gulps down the remains of her drinks like they're water and bounds to the newcomers, shaking their hands in turn enthusiastically. "Hi! Shenemnenmone Tanner, at your service. Bodyguard to the boss there, right now," she explains with a thumb jerked toward Daedarai. Then, in a half-whisper with one hand shielding her mouth from Daedarai's sight, "he can be weird, but you'll get used to 'im."

[sblock="OOC"]What Matthan said, plus, for this week or two, is the plan to describe what we'll do for that whole time and RP as necessary, or will events continue at the normal pace?[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mina stepped forward at the Guildmaster's introduction, but she did not speak at first- she listened intently, though, and she did look over each of her new companions in turn. What they could see of her in turn was simple enough- a young woman of mixed human and elven ancestry, with wavy black hair, honey-gold skin, and the cat-pupiled eyes of the elven folk, in her case a dark brown dusted with flecks of gold. Her clothing was loose and flowing (almost enough to hide the fact that she was wearing some kind of armor), though mostly evoid of the bright colors most folk displayed to draw the eye. To those familiar with the various districts of the city, she would not have looked out of place in far more refined surroundings than these- but she did not have the details that spoke of the highest nobles... Her thin veil was gauze, not silk, her soft slippers were embroidered but only with colored thread instead of gold wire, and the fringe of the shawl at her waist was only of stamped brass discs instead of gold coins. Still, it was apparent that she was probably no simple commoner.

And that interpretation was only reinforced when she finally DID speak. She bowed, first and most deeply to Kyle, then to Daedarai and to each of the others in turn- it looked as if there was some difference in each of those bows (perhaps the angle, or the time), but the exact implications were less clear. She was taken a bit aback by Shen's enthusiastic greeting (and her handshake was limp and boneless, as if she had perhaps never exchanged that particular sort of gesture), but she maintained a steady smile. "I am most honored, new friends, to have met you at what seems to be a most auspicious time," she said, when her turn came to speak- her voice held some of the music commonly attributed to the elves, and it was obvious that she had some sort of training as well. "Perhaps, indeed, we might adjourn as has been suggested, that we might further our acquaintance appropriately- it would do us well to learn a bit bit of one another's stories, and what each of us might bring to the tale that we might share..." (Especially to a native of Is'Merith, there is a particular quality to her speech, both the intonation and the vocabulary- a friendly person might see it as overly formal, while someone else might call it stilted; either way, it is not a common style of speaking, especially in the outer ring or lower city. For all that, it is not unpleasant, especially in her warm voice- it is simply a bit odd)

She paused and looked around the group once more, then nodded to Daedarai. "If it is the... Jaundiced Horse you suggest, then we ought to make our way there. Perhaps we may secure some accomodation whilst you finish your business..." Moving gracefully to one corner of the room she gathered up a simple traveler's satchel and a slender bow case.

[sblock= OOC] That ought to do for now- don't want to throw out an impenetrable wall of text right off the bat. Glad to be here! [/sblock]

[sblock=Shopping] Alejandro buys the following items at the market:
Robes (nice, smart city robes in case of mingling with nobility) - 5sp
Shield (a round one) - 1gp
Potion of healing - 25gp
Miner's pick (in case of digging below) - 1gp
Shovel (in case of digging below) - 1gp
Four daggers (in case of needing subtlety) - total 4gp

I'd like to sell my four javelins (PHB value 2gp total) - what can he get for them?

Total outlay 32gp and 5sp (less whatever I can get for my javelins)

If there's any magic items lemme know.

From Kyle's talk, it seems there's likely to be plotting and scheming ahead. Not his strong suit. He's more of a "call a spade a f---ing spade and hit someone with it" type of guy.

He'd like to spend some of the downtime getting creative and carving his quarterstaff with a mixture of traditional Is'Merith design and Gnomic designs from his young days in the forests. If he's going to be in high society he figures he can secrete his daggers about his person, under his snazzy robes, and use the staff as a weapon but hide it in plain sight as a nicely-ornamented object.

Obviously the Testiculator remains his favourite go-to weapon, but he's preparing for blending in places where it might not suit.[/sblock]

Trogdor1992

First Post
[sblock=shopping]
Potion of Healing - 25gp
[/sblock]

Isaac nods to what are apparently his new companions. "I will meet you all at the pub at the appointed time." he says, with a clear look of remembrance when he mentions the pub. "I may already be drinking long before you get there." he says, looking clearly upset.

[sblock] For any who care to dig deep enough, Isaac committed his first murder in front of the pub, accidentally. Any who care to question him may find out that the pub links him to thoughts of his dead father. Be aware that he may be a tough nut to crack. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Sezarious

Explorer
Kyle raises an eyebrow in Daedaraia's direction, then at Mina. "The Jaundiced horse will do for accommodation if you wish, though a bunk inboard this ship is safer still. I'll leave it to you".

[sblock=OOC INFO ON SHOPPING]

So just to clarify, you all have access to the thieves guild FENCE, where you can purchase stolen gear at half the normal price as long as the original item value was no more than 20gp. DAEDARAI can actually SELL stolen stuff there at a quarter of its value (senior membership perk).

OR, you might go to the Auctions, where you might try your luck at getting an item for even less, but at the risk of being outbid. The other benefit of buying from this auction however, is that you gain papers of proof of purchase, which helps to protect you in case of accusations YOU stole the equipment.

Rarer items currently on sale include:

-Silvered elven shortsword with a mild glowing enchantment (5ft radius, dim light). 1/2 cost X5
-A Silvered flail 1/2 cost
-3 silvered daggers 1/2 cost
-A silvered Greatsword 1/2 cost
-A suit of self cleaning leather armor 1/2 cost X3
-A bronze ever-running hourglass 10gp
-A quill that never requires ink 20gp
-A suit of breastplate 1/2 cost
-A suit of chainmail, enchanted to smell like roses 1/2 cost + 10gp
-An ever burning candle (can be lit or unlit, but never burns down) 10gp
-50ft silk rope enchanted with a 1 inch radius glow 20gp
-Various tinker toy bits and pieces (if interested, please ask for more info)

Seniors purchase only: (Though there's nothing against him making purchases on behalf of others in his own team)
-A crate full of those strange blades the guards outside were wielding 150gp (standard retail) (ask the fence for more info)
-A whip with a tip that's enchanted to create sparks every time it's cracked 300gp
-A crowbar enchanted to make no sound 150gp
-A standard sized coin pouch, enchanted to always appear and feel empty from the outside 50gp

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases