So ... Supergirl

Also there's Hellboy, Kid Flash, Colossal Boy, Beast Boy, Astro Boy, and Lightning Lad, off the top of my head.

And Aqua Lad, Power Girl, Kid Devil, Aqua Girl, Doll Girl, Elasti-Girl, Mindgrabber Kid, Polar Boy, Sun Girl and Ferro Lad. The child like pronoun doesn't really seem to be linked to age.

Coming up next: SUPER Toddlers!
latest

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
so whats up with the evil aunt storyline? is there any comicbook canon of Alura In-Ze having a sister?

there were 3 or 4 feminist 'girl power' nods in the first episode and I thought they were good, subtle callouts that fit the story and style. However I do wonder if the the General not-Zod is a further underlining of that Girl power push but so far I'm confident that the show will be enjoyable.
I did note that I didn't enjoy the super aliens smackdowns as much as I di Flash metafights, so that might be a thing. Superman isn't one of my favourite characters either...

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
My understanding with regard to Kara's aunt is that Alura did have a sister, but I wasn't aware they were twins. But again, that's been some time ago.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Maybe these ratings will convince film executives that female superhero films could make lots of money too. http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/32955/supergirl-premiere-nets-16-million-viewers

I'm not so sure the lack of female superhero films is a problem anyway. Besides Supergirl and Jessica Jones you also have all the AoS 'heroes' being female ie Daisy/Skye, May The Cavalry and Bobbi Mockingbird. Animated Vixen shares the Arrowverse and Wonder Woman and Ms Captain Marvel are already planned.

Then again we've had Catwomen and Elecktra too as well as the PheoniX saga

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases