Question for you techie types

I have a question for those tech oriented homies. I had to replace the adapter for my MacBook Air1. My case decided that it made an excellent chew toy. I had to go to a meeting today, so I rant into Best Buy real quick, and picked up a new one, but it ended up being an 85W adapter. The Air brings a 45W adapter. If I use the 85W, will it mess up my battery or anything else? I've used it to charge the Air once today, and it seemed to work without any issues.

[sblock=1]I got a Mac because when I was looking to get a new computer, Windows 8 was out, and I couldn't find a computer without it. Windows 8 was so terrible, it made me go over to Mac.[/sblock]

tomBitonti

Adventurer
See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201700

Power adapters for Apple notebooks are available in 29W, 45W, 60W, and 85W varieties. You should use the appropriate wattage power adapter for your Apple notebook. You can use a compatible higher wattage adapter without issue, but it won't make your computer charge faster or operate differently. Lower wattage adapters will not provide enough power.

Thx!
TomB

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases