10th Level Character Creation Challenge (ZombieGleeMax)

Endarire

First Post
Originally posted by zombiegleemax:

I have a character creation challenge for you. Who can make the best 10th level combat machine with the rules below?

I will use your designed characters in the game I am running. The character who gets the most points over the course of the four conventions (12 games) will be crowned the best tenth level combat build.

Rules

Only core races - PHB races only
No purchased magical item. Expect for cure medium wounds potions, which you can only purchase a maximum of 8.
You may use the following rolls for your starting ability scores; 17, 12, 16, 9, 10, 14. Place the scores any where you chose.
You can make only one 10th level character
You can use any books
Loop combo based moves will not be accepted --- i.e. if your not sure it is 100 legal dont do it.
Characters will heal to full HP and restore all ability damage between each part. Please see below for the description of parts.
Sorry no leadership feat allowed
Your entry must be in by Oct 8 2005, to qualify for the competition.

Background

I have been roped into running games at 4 conventions in my local area starting in two months. I will be running them with the help of two assistant DMs. I will run the same game 3 times at each convention. The game will be a gladiator type AD&D game. Where each player (up to 20) will receive a random character and then endeavor to kill every thing else on the board.

Each game will consist of the following three parts that will be played in order. Each part will be stopped after two hours of play.

Mass Combat

The first part is simple a gladiator arena. The characters will be equally spaced apart in a large circular field. For some flavor there will be 2 legendary lions running around randomly killing people. There is one small 4 square ruble pile and a few overturned chariots as optional hiding places ex..

One on One or One on Many
Part two will take place in a large labyrinth. Players will start in 20 random locations and be able to make there way about. Killing each other as they bump into one another. For some flavor, there are 3 locked door, 2 pit traps, one poison gas trap, one big rock trap and three arrow traps spread out over the labyrinth. Standard cave set up.

Group Combat
For the finally part each player will be randomly paired with three others, who will form a group to attempt to kill the other groups. It will take place in a large forested / plains / hill /river environment. (Before you ask yes I have way to much terrain from my old warhammer gaming) For flavor we have a large earth elemental in the hills, a large water elemental in the river and a dire bear in the woods.

Scoring

I will use your designed characters in the game I am running. The character who gets the most points over the course of the four conventions (12 games - 36 parts) will be crowned the best tenth level combat build.

Each time a character dies, the killing character will gain 1 point. The player that dealt the most damage over all to the dead character will receive 2 points. - So a character that kills another character with no help gets 3 points. 1 for the kill and 2 for most damage.

Any man or woman standing at the end of any senior will receive 2 extra points.

Any time a player kills some of the flavor characters he gets 1 point.

Final Notes

Please included any suggested combos or buff options ex… I will pass on these comments to the players in the form of a note. It may help them play your build more effectively.

Lets see your best build. I will try and keep this post bumped up on the first page for a few days to make sure every one can see it.

If you can't have magical items, some builds that will own:

VOP Spell casters (especially druids, but not wizards/sorcerers since they can't self heal)

VOP Monk/Kensai

Melee builds should incorporate adamantine weapons (so they can sunder their enemies weapons). I would think Barbarians, rangers, and paladins are good. Paladins because they can have mounts, which at level 10, a dire lion would really help.

Tripping rogues.

EDIT: I take it back: Nix Barbarians/Rogues if they cannot get potions of healing (which I think they couldn't since those are magical items).

NM you added the stats
smile.gif
thanks

Originally posted by phaedrusxy:

PHB races only and no magic items. Just save everyone some time and put at the top of your post: SPELLCASTERS ONLY. Noone else can heal themselves.

Sorry it should be noted that at the end of each part all characters will begin with full HP once again.

I have taken your suggestion and moved the rules up to the top of the post, as well as added the healing between parts to the rules.

I have decided that you are most likely right about fighters not being useful with out healing of some type. I am there for adding the ability to purchase up to 4 cure medium wounds potions. Not much but may make a few fighter types more possible.

Thanks for helping to make this a better competition and hopefully a better game when it is run.

Originally posted by lilt:

Can we say Druid 10?

(Note: This isn't me submitting a character)

Also:
Is the SRD considered core?

Yes I can see the 10th lv druid as being a common submission, but I think a few people will surprise us all with the power of there 10th xxxxx class build.

With regards to races, you are limited to the races in the PHB.

Originally posted by doodle:

I would say the following will be tough:

Initiate of the 7 fold veil
Spellsword with Arcane Strike, Wraithstrike, Power Attack, Vampiric Touch
Anything with a follower/companion
Artificer IF you allow action points.

I notice you did not exclude the leadership feat - that could make things ugly.

But for me personally - I think I would like to play a hexblade 10.

Me.

The leadership feat is now removed from the competition. It would just be to much, since every one would take it. Also after a few PM’s from people I have decided to allow 8 cure medium potions.

When you say no magic items (except 8 CMW potions), do you also mean no special materials (mithral, adamantine, etc)?

If you allow them then I could see everyone with adamantine. Mithral poses less of a problem, but for a spellcaster it could get crazy.

Might as well be the first Druid 10 :D

Kasomir Hackworth, NG Human Druid 6/Nature's Warrior 2/Warshaper 2

Stats:
-Str 8 (-1 age)
-Dex 11 (-1 age)
-Con 15 (-1 age)
-Int 15 (+1 age)
-Wis 20 (+1 age, +2 levels)
-Cha 11 (+1 age)

BAB: +7
Base saves: +11/+2 (ouch)/+5

Abilities:

Wild Shape 3/day (8 hours per shape), into large forms
When in Wild Shape:
-Wild Growth (Fast Healing 1)
-Immunity to Crits/stuns
-+4 Str, +4 Con
-Natural weapons are treated as one size category larger
-Add Celestial template to your Wild Shape (DR 5/magic, SR 15, Acid/Cold/Electricity Resistance 15, smite evil +10 1/day, natural weapons are considered Magic for overcoming DR)
-May cast spells while in Wild Shape

Casts as a seventh-level Druid (4th-level spells)
Wild Empathy, Nature Sense, Woodland Stride, Trackless Step, Resist Nature's Lure

All summoned creatures receive +4 Str/Con, have their duration doubles, and get a +3 luck bonus to attack rolls

Flaw:
-Shaky (-2 on all ranged attack rolls)

Feats:
Track, Spell Focus (Conjuration), Augment Summoning, Exalted Wild Shape, Natural Spell, Ashbound

Notes:

A little different from running straight Druid 10, going this route trades in 5th level spells for a few nice wild shape based abilities. Immunity to critical hits is nice, and throws in immunity to sneak attacks and sudden strikes for anyone who decided to play a roguish character.

Exalted Wild Shape is huge at level 10 when magic weapons aren't allowed - the energy resistance will somewhat make up for the low reflex save, damage reduction will be gigantic versus most melee'rs, and giving yourself Spell Resistance will be a big help with all the spellcasters running around.

I went with Wild Growth (Fast Healing 1) for my Nature's Warrior ability because it allows you to forego most healing spells, opening up your spell slots to a plethora of summons, all nicely boosted from the Ashbound-sect ability and Augment Summoning. It'll also allow for an open spell list giving some huge bonuses in each environment - area-covering battlefield control spells in the gladiator arena, utility spells for the environment-based areas, etc. Since you'll basically be spending your entire time in Wild Shape, you'll only need a couple of key heal spells to be used in a pinch, as the Fast Healing should add up.

Human Monk1/Cleric2/Master of Shrouds 7

1 Monk1 Stunning Fist (monk1), Spell Focus: Conj. (1), Augumented Summoning (human)
2 Clr1 Domains (Planning, Undeath), Rebuke Undead, Extend Spell (bonus), Extra Turning (bonus)
3 Clr2 Persistent Spell
4 MoS1 Extra Rebuking
5 MoS2 Summon Undead (Shadow)
6 MoS3 Divine Metamagic: Persistent Spell
7 MoS4 Summon Undead (Wraith)
8 MoS5 Improved Summoning
9 MoS6 Summon Undead (Spectre) Practiced Spellcaster
10 MoS7
Stats: Str 9+1, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 10 , Wis 17+1, Cha 16
Buffed Stats: Str 16, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 20
Hit Points: 8+9d8+20 =68.5 (88.5 buffed)

BAB +6 (+10 buffed)
Saves (buffed): Fort+12, Ref+6, Will+15 (+1 vs. good, +1 vs. fear)

Attacks (buffed): +19/+14 darkwood scimitar 17-20/x2 (10bab+2enh+3str+3divine+1morale)
Damage (buffed): 1d6+3str+2enh+10brambles+3divine =1d6+18
AC 22, 29 buffed (10+10armor+5shield+3deflection+1dex =29)

Spells: 6 5+1 4+1 4+1 3+1
0th No Light (BovD 100), Detect Magic, Resistance
1st: Obscuring Mist, Bless, Shield of Faith, Divine Favor, Protection from Good (cast with Agony), Deathwatch (D)
2nd: Delay Poison, Silence, Bear's Endurance, Eagle's Splendor, Desecrate (D)
3rd: Magic Vestment (x2), Meld into Stone, Brambles, Clairvoyance/Clairaudience (D)
4th: Divine Power, Summon Undead IV(2x, cast with Agony), Death Ward (D)

Arena Tactics (assuming the arena floor is stone): During the "pre-buff" round, ready an action to cast Meld into Stone after you're teleported to the arena. During round 1, cast Meld into Stone and sink into the ground. Fully buff yourself, making Divine Favor and Divine Power persistent. Then cast Desecrate and Clairvoyance. Next begin summoning undead using your Master of Shrouds ability (I think spectres are the best). Pick a good target for them using Clairvoyance. If there appears to be a cleric or palladin among the enemies, summon all your undead and bolster them before sending them all out at once to focus their attacks on it (you have 2 Rebuke attempts left after buffing). Cast Silence on the last undead you summon, and direct it to attack a spellcaster.

Rise up out of the ground, cast your Summon Undead spells, cast Bless, and wade into battle with your Army of Darkness. Summon either all skeletal skybleeders (if most or all enemies are flying), or a combo of those and skeletal sun giants (if there are some tough ground-bound enemies). You can also use a skeletal skybleeder as a mount to reach flying enemies yourself.

Equipment: Darkwood scimitar, MW adamantine fullplate, MW heavy shield, 8 Cure Moderate Wounds potions, 3 vials of Agony (BoVD 46, +2 to caster level for Evil spell), A vial of unholy water and 25 gp worth (5 pounds) of silver dust

Summoned Undead (bonuses from Desecrate and Bless included):
[sblock]
skeletal skybleeders (Fiend Folio p155) to go after flying enemies, and/or serve as a flying mount

Size/Type: Huge Undead
Hit Dice: 12d8+12 (95 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 40 ft. (Fly 80 ft., average)
Armor Class: 15 (-2 size, +4 Dex, +3 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+22
Attack: Claw +14 (2d8+9)
Full Attack: 3 claws +14 melee (+ 8 tentacles? probably not, lol)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Cold Immunity, DR 5/bludgeoning
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +9
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 19, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1
Feats: Improved Initiative
Alignment: Always neutral evil

skeletal sun giants (Monster Manual 2 p110) to crush ground-bound enemies

Size/Type: Huge Undead
Hit Dice: 13d8+13 (103 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 40 ft.
Armor Class: 14 (-2 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+27
Attack: Claw +19 (1d8+14) or huge longspear +19 (2d8+20) or rock +9 (2d8+14)
Full Attack: huge longspear +19/+14 or claw +19 or rock +9
Space/Reach: 10 ft./15 ft. (30 ft. with longspear)
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Cold Immunity, DR 5/bludgeoning
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +9
Abilities: Str 37, Dex 16, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1
Feats: Improved Initiative
Alignment: Always neutral evil

8 Spectres (via MoS ability)

Size/Type: Medium Undead (Incorporeal)
Hit Dice: 7d12+7 (52 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), fly 80 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 15 (+3 Dex, +2 deflection), touch 15, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/—
Attack: Incorporeal touch +8 melee (1d8+1 plus energy drain)
Full Attack: Incorporeal touch +8 melee (1d8+1 plus energy drain)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Energy drain, create spawn
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., incorporeal traits, +2 turn resistance, sunlight powerlessness, undead traits, unnatural aura
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +8
Abilities: Str

Nice, PhaedrusXY, but are you sure the wall of stone will take more than 10 minutes to break down? I personally see any build able to Blink, Dimension Door, or even just do serious damage as a breaker for that combo. Still, after that you're left with a fairly powerful wizard with polymorph.

Ouch, nice one, Phaedrus
smile.gif

Now if you can just find a way to defend from Dispel Magic, you should have no problem clearing most challenges...

It's funny, my first thought was to put together a Warlock with the Voracious Dispelling invocation to take care of any nasty tricks casters come up with (sure, there would be better counterspellers or dispellers, but doing it at will and having some nice other abilities would work out well), and now that I've seen one of those nasty tricks, I'm almost wishing I had :p

Nice, PhaedrusXY, but are you sure the wall of stone will take more than 10 minutes to break down? I personally see any build able to Blink, Dimension Door, or even just do serious damage as a breaker for that combo. Still, after that you're left with a fairly powerful wizard with polymorph.
No, of course you're right. That is my main concern. I was hoping that if you walled yourself in that your enemies would be too busy fighting each other to bother digging you out, lol. You could also do something crazy like immediately Dimension Door away from the fight, then cast Rope Trick and buff/summon inside it. Aiming your Dimension Door straight up to max range might work best for this, lol. None of this stuff is fool-proof, though. If someone wants to find and get to you during the 10 minute casting time, and they're determined, they probably will.

Originally posted by carnivore:

this is interesting...i will post one later

:D

Originally posted by oxybe:

this post is massive, but it may put up a challenge for PhaedrusXY's awesome eldritch knight build

Feral Human (Chaotic Good) (monstrous humanoid)
1- Ftr
2- Barb
3- Barb
4- Barb
5- Barb
6- Ftr
7- Frenzied Berserker
8- Bear Warrior
9- Berserk
feral template: +1 LA

feats
1- sacred vow, vow of poverty, ftr - Power Attack
3- cleave
6- destructive rage, ftr - improved unarmed strike
9- instantaneous rage
flaw :
shakey(-2 ranged attacks)

feat for flaw:
weapon focus (claw)

vow of poverty feats
2- righteous wrath
4- vow of purity
6- vow of chasity
8- vow of obedience
con 18 =16 +2
int 6 =10 -4
wis 14 =12 +2
cha 9 =9

Initiative: 1 (dex bonus)

fast healing 4 (feral template)

darkvision 90ft (feral template)

-Armor bonus 26 = 10 (base)+ 7 (Vop) + 6 natural (template) +1 natural (Vop, stacks with template) +1 deflection (Vop) +1 dex
-touch AC 12 = 10 (base)+ 1 deflection (Vop, not sure if this applies to touch) +1 dex
-flat footed AC 25 = 10 (base)+ 7 (Vop) + 6 natural (template) +1 natural (Vop, stacks with template) +1 deflection (template)

gains a claw attack (1d8+7) attk bonus +17 = +8 (BAB) + 7 (Str) + 1 exalted bonus+ 1 weap focus

bear claw (1d4 [bear form has a weaker claw attack then feral template] + 11) attk bonus +21 / +16 = +8 BAB +11 Str +1 exalted +1 weap focus

bear's bite (1d6 + 11) attk bonus +20 / +15 = +8 BAB +11 Str +1 exalted

HP: 7d12 (4 barb, 1 BW, 1 FB, 1 Ber)+ 2d10 +36 (normal con bonus) = 94.5 hp (average, normal) 184.5 (fully raged con bonus)

BAB +8 / +3
grapple: +15 (8 bab + 7 str), goes up by +10 when fully raged

total save = base+ Vop resistance+ stat
Fort 18 =13 +1 + 4
Ref 3 = 1 +1+ 1
Will 4 = 1 +1 + 2

tactics 1 on 1 or many: find most threatening opponent. rage, go in bear, battle fury, frenzy : total str 25+6+8+6= 45 str. dex 12+2 = 14. con 18+6+4 = 28 rages last 3+ con mod (12 rounds). Power attacks most / all the time. uses his claws+bite to grab+maul. after beating someone, he hides/rests for fast healing to kick in.

team battle: use wicked speed to scout, flank & pick off loners. hit and run. keep party in ear or eye distance to help if in trouble. if possible, hide in a bush / tree. double move is 120ft, runx3 is 180 ft, run x4 is 240 ft, so he can motor if he has to.
-Uncanny Dodge
-Trap Sense + 1
-Frenzy 1/day (+6 str -4 AC, takes 2 subdual damage/round, gains an extra attack at hight BAB when making a full attack)
-Diehard
-Bear Form (Black) ( transforms into the form of a black bear when raging, gains +8 str, +2 dex, +4 con, +2 will, -2 AC these bonuses replaces his rage bonuses)
-Battle Fury 1/day (+6 str, +6 con +3 will -2 AC)
-Movement +10

Vow of Poverty abilities
-AC+7
-Stat +2
-Exalted Strike+1 (claws act like a +1 magic weapon)
-4 bonus exalted feats
-Natural Armor +1
-Mind sheilding
-Resistance +1
-Deflection Bonus +1
-Endure Elements

Skills: pretty much useless... when he rages he cant use any >P, ill let the dm decide these, though climb + jump are real nice.

gear: whetstone to sharpen his claws... soap to clean his claws... the 8 potions given to him for the competition

good points: massive str, attack bonus, damage, movement, ac, HP, FAST HEALING 4. insane fort bonus. righteous wrath stops him from mauling his buddies. the vop bonus vows help with his will saves (some)

flaws: his will is actually decent, though a determined mage can peirce through. his ref is weak. touch ac is REALLY SAD.

for this guy, the potions are overkill...

books used : Complete warrior, PHB, BoED, Deities & demigods, Savage species, MM 1 (for the black bear info)

EDIT: extra tactics, added the bear's natural bite attack unbuffed by frenzy + berserk and the level 6 fighter bonus feat i forgot to put...

Hmm... applying templates is allowed in this? I just assumed that core races only meant it most likely wasn't. There are lots of nasty things to come up with, then...

well it said core races. i took human. it said use any book, so i slapped on a template. it doesnt say that i couldnt...

Originally posted by ninjarabbit:

Here's my final draft for a character

Human Battlesorcerer7/abjurantchampion3

Str 16
Dex 14
Con 12
Int 10
Wis 8
Cha 17 (19 with level up points)

Feats: 1)improved initative 1)combat casting 3)power attack 6)arcane strike 9) minor shapeshift

Equipment: mithral breastplate, mithral buckler, mighty composite longbow, arrows, adiminitate greatsword, 8 potions of cure medium wounds, masterwork dagger

Spells:

0- ghost sound, touch of fatigue, predistation, acid splash, detect magic

1-protection from evil, shield, enlarge person, ray of enfeeblement

2-glitterdust, wraithstrike, invisibility

3-haste, greater magic weapon

4-polymorph

5-waves of fatigue

Skills- tumble 8 ranks, spellcraft 12 ranks, concentration 13 ranks

HPs: 8 + 8d8 + 1d10 + 10 (con modifer), 55 hps on average

Base saves: fort 6, reflex 2, will 10
Total Saves: fort 8 (6 base, 2 constitution), reflex 4 (2 base, 2 dex), will 11 (10 base, -1 wisdom, 2 iron will)

BAB 8/2, Total attack bonus 10 (8 BAB + 3 str -1 buckler) plus bonuses from arcane strike, haste, and others

AC 18 (10 + 2 dex + 5 mithral breastplate +1 mithral buckler), will also get +7 from shield, +1 from haste, and any extra from polymorph

Originally posted by x-codes:

I agree that there are some serious penalties given to the non-casters here. I suggest that the level be changed to either 7 or 11. Those two options give much more interesting pros/cons to being full-combat or full-caster.

I believe that PhaedrusXY's build isnt allowed because to get Eldrich Knight you need to be proficient in all Martial Weapons and wizards are not. Sorry man, it was a sweet build.

My build will be comming reasonably soon.
smile.gif

I believe that PhaedrusXY's build isnt allowed because to get Eldrich Knight you need to be proficient in all Martial Weapons and wizards are not. Sorry man, it was a sweet build.

My build will be comming reasonably soon.
smile.gif
The Militia feat is a regional feat in the Player's Guide to Faerun that gives you proficiency with all martial weapons. ;)

Note: Your feral human does not get Pounce, rake, etc because I quote:

"It gains the special attacks indicated in the row corresponding to its monster Hit Dice...."

You have class levels, not monster hit dice. The fast healing, however, does not specify monster hit dice.

Anyway, here's my go with a Feral Monk Half-Orc!

Feral Half-Orc - Lawful Good - Monstrous Humanoid
STR: 26 23 + 1 (Level) + 2 (VOP)
DEX: 14
CON: 18
INT: 4 3 + 1 (Level)
WIS: 14
CHA: 6

HP: 80 (9d8 + 36)

AC: 30 = 10 (Base) + 7 (VOP Armor) + 2 (Dex) + 2 (Wis) + 1 (Monk) + 7 (Natural Armor)
+ 1 (VOP Deflection)

Touch: 16 = 10 (Base) + 2 (Dex) + 2 (Wis) + 1 (Monk) + 1 (VOP Deflection)

Flatfooted: 28 = 10 (Base) + 7 (VOP Armor) + 2 (Wis) + 1 (Monk) + 7 (Natural Armor)
+ 1 (VOP Deflection)

Speed: 70 = 30 (Base) + 10 (Feral) + 30 (Monk)

Grapple: +18 = 6 (BAB) + 8(Str) + 4 (Feat) + 1 (Magic)

Attack: +16/+16/+11
Damage: 2d8 + 9

Fort: 11 = 6 (Base) + 4 (Con) + 1 (VOP)
Ref: 9 = 6 (Base) + 2 (Dex) + 1 (VOP)
Will: 9 = 6 (Base) + 2 (Will) + 1 (VOP)

Skills:
Tumble: 14 = 12 (Ranks) + 2 (Dex)

Feats:
Level 1: Sacred Vow
Bonus: Improved Grapple
Bonus: Combat Reflexes
Level 3: Vow of Poverty
Exalted: Vow of Chasity
Level 6: Weapon Focus (Unarmed Attack)
Bonus: Improved Trip
Exalted: Vow of Obedience
Exalted: Vow of Purity
Level 9: Improved Natural Attack (Unarmed Strike)

Class Abilities:
Improved Evasion
Still Mind
Ki Strike (magic)
Slow fall 40 ft.
Purity of body
Wholeness of body

Racial Abilities:
Darkvision 90 ft.
Fast Healing 4

Other VOP Abilities:
Sustenence
Exalted Strike + 1
Mind Shielding

Equipment:
Sling

Tactics:
If there is only one enemy: Grapple until pinned, then beat the snot out of him.
If there is more than one, trip any enemy that comes near you to avoid being overwhelemed.
Proceed to beat on an enemy near you should there be noone near you standing.
With 70 ft. speed, you can retreat very easily or even just run in circles while letting the
fast healing do the job.

Strengths:
Great Saves, Attack, Damage, Speed, AC, FAST HEALING, good hp, Improved Evasion.

Weaknesses: Very high DC spells, getting attacked by multiple enemies.

My bad Phaedrus, havnt read that book yet.
smile.gif

Originally posted by jstorrie:

Not allowing magical items already makes the contest unfair. Wealth-by-level is an important balancing concern and certain classes (physical attackers, for example) generally do better with magical items than others.

But I'll bite. He's not going to be a spellcaster, either. His name will be "Stabface".

Elf Ranger 6 / Cragtop Archer 4
Str 12
Dex 21 (17 +2 level +2 racial)
Con 8 (10 -2 racial)
Int 14
Wis 16
Cha 9 (9)

Feats: Far Shot, Mountain Warrior, Track, Endurance, Poison Immunity: Gargantuan Centipede Poison, Point Blank Shot.

Equipment: Mighty (Str 12) Composite Longbow, greatsword, as many arrows as he can carry, the standard kit type material (torches, rope, etc.) and the rest of his 49000GP spent on Gargantuan Centipede Poison (at 950 a pop, he should be able to afford around 50 doses). Most of this poison should be smeared on his arrows, with a bit left over for his sword, which should be poisoned too.

Companion: Whatever. Wolf, I guess. Favoured enemies: Human, Elf.

Skills: max Spot, Move Silently, Hide, Climb, Jump, Swim, Listen, Listen. six ranks of Craft: Fletchery, Use Rope.

Tactics: sneak around actively spotting until he seems someone. Then use his full-round Cragtop Archer ability to attack them with no range penalty and hide again. Hopefully they won't be able to spot him from so far away.

At any rate, the save on the poison is pretty high for CL 10 and people should be dropping left and right. People who are immune to poison are still getting sniped from someone hundreds of feet away, which is an annoyance at least! At such huge ranges, most spellcasters probably won't be able to spot him, and most nonspellcasters have to deal with range penalties or loooooong charges. When appropriate, he should be climbing to difficult-to-reach areas to snipe from, too.

Meh, haven't looked much at the Warlock in this situation. Outlast!

Male Human Warlock 10
Str10 Dex18 Con16 Int10 Wis12 Cha14
AC: 19 (+5 armor, +4 dex)
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +7, Will+8
Attack: Eldritch Blast, +11 ranged touch, 5d6 damage (7d6 with Psionic Shot)
Skills: Concentration +16, Spellcraft +13, Sense Motive +14, Knowledge (arcana) +13, Knowledge (the planes) +13
Feats: Improved Iniative, Wild Talent, Point Blank Shot, Psionic Shot, Extra Invocation
Least Invocations: Entropic Warding, See the Unseen, Miasmic Cloud, Eldritch Spear
Lesser Invocations: Walk Unseen, Fell Flight, Voracious Dispelling
Equipment: Mithral Breastplate, 8x Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds

Tactics: Don't attack unless you can get away with it. Other than that, you should be able to figure it out. If the situation calls for it, remember that you have more dispels than your opponents have buff spells.

fair enough on the monster HD thing. i was unsure what "Monster hit dice" meant so i just assumed normal HD. off it goes. hurts the build a bit since it loses improved grab, rake and pounce, but i can still make due on a normal grapple. also i think im missing my 6th level fighter 2 feat... can anybody re-check to make sure?

and i quote on the VoP AC bonus:
"This bonus does not apply to touch attacks and does not hinder incorporal touch attacks"

does exalted weapon add a bonus to grapple? i know we are using it when attacking to peirce defence, but what about the grapple?

other then that Unearthly, great build on the 1/2 orc monk! VOP will be overused in this contest... no magic items... ick. i can probly see this divided 3 way: Templated VOP melee, Full Casters & Other. Other, being builds like the poisoned arrow archer jstorrie submitted (nice original concept btw).

Let me answer the questions.

One: yes I will allow you to use adamantine and mithral weapons.
Two: enough people have submitted there templates so that I will not change the level to 7 or 11. Most likely was a better idea, but 10 will have to be where it stands.
Three: I will allow templates to be used. I was originally not going too, but I did not specifically say so earlier. Therefore it is a go and hey it should make things a little bit more interesting. Extra style points for those that don’t use a template. ;)

Things to remember:

Each part is limited to 2 hours of play. With 20 players it will take about 5 min or so a round. So for those of you thinking of hiding out the fight for the first 10 min or more, you are sacrificing you ability to kill people in early rounds and so get points during this time period. You may emerge from you cocoon to find almost everyone dead or dieing. This should be epically true in the first part where people will be hurling aoe damage into groups of people.

Notes:

Love the poison archer build.

and i quote on the VoP AC bonus:
"This bonus does not apply to touch attacks and does not hinder incorporal touch attacks"
Fixed.

does exalted weapon add a bonus to grapple? i know we are using it when attacking to peirce defence, but what about the grapple?
I'll admit I guessed, I'm not 100% sure but it's not a big deal either way, just a DM call.

other then that Unearthly, great build on the 1/2 orc monk!
Thanks! :D

Warlock...Lesser Invocations: Walk Unseen, Fell Flight, Voracious Dispelling
Hmmm, with no magic items, the Warlock sure makes life hard for the melee fighters. He can fly at 250 ft above the arena, dispel any caster that casts Fly, and laugh at all the melee because they just can't fly. Maybe I'll have to add another template? Winged is LA+2
sad.gif
Maybe I'll just take cover and hide if he does the whole fly thing.

-EDIT-
Templated VOP melee, Full Casters & Other. Other, being builds like the poisoned arrow archer jstorrie submitted (nice original concept btw).
The only problem I see with Full Casters (Non Warlock) is that you might run out of spells in a lot of the large melees. Then again, I was never very good at rationing my spells myself, but I have a feeling that if I can solve that whole 'Hey you, stop flying' the VOP/Feral combinations will be at the top.

yeah the flying warlock is going to mess with us melee builds, his only weapon is his 5d6 eldritch blast (avg dam17.5). if the melee char gets the first strike though, poor warlock. if not, the flying warlock will probly be able to outlast anyone + pick off the weaker guys, unless they "team up" to take him down.

in group battles, if he did win the 1 on 1 or gladiator (which he'll probly do, or come up real high in the scores), the players will probly know who to focus on.

Hope this isn't too late...

Human Wolf Totem Barbarian 2/Ranger 1/Fighter 2/Occult Slayer 5

Feats: EWP (Spiked Chain), WF (Spiked Chain), Improved Initiative, Mage Slayer, Blind-Fight, Pierce Magical Concealment, Pierce Magical Protection, Track (ranger bonus feat), Improved Trip (wolf totem bonus feat)

Favored Enemy: Human

BAB: +10/+5

Base saves: +9/+3/+4

hp: 12 + 1d12 + 2d10 + 6d8 + 30 (86.5 avg)

AC: 17 (10 + 2 dex + 5 armor), DR 2/--

Items: Adamantine Breastplate (+5 AC, DR 2/--), Mwk Cold Iron Spiked Chain, Mwk Comp. Longbow with lots of various types of arrows, cold iron, adamantine, etc., 8 cure mod potions, standard kit w/ torches, etc.

Stats:
Str 18 (17+1)
Dex 14
Con 16
Int 10
Wis 12
Cha 10 (9+1)

Notes: Kills casters whenever he can. Hates them and singles them out. His spiked chain is his bonded weapon, but he's got no problem whipping out his longbow if someone decides to, say, start flying. Makes judicious use of his Occult Slayer abilities. Can act as a standard tripmonkey, isn't screwed in darkness, knows a lot about humans and their weaknesses. He only rages when he knows it's worth it, won't waste a rage when his opponent is flying around or avoiding him.

Great idea with the Warlock. They are perfect for this.

Hmm... since the main way to score in this tournament is by killing people, that 10 minute casting time on Lesser Planar Ally is really going to hurt my build alot. Most of the other participants will probably already be dead by the time he finishes casting that, lol.

So how can I reduce the time on that? I can't use one of the Shadow Magic spells, because you can only reproduce lower level spells with those, and Lesser Planar Ally is already a 5th level spell. I also noticed the spell Call Nightmare, which basically does the same thing as LPA, but only calls a Nightmare, and there is no chance of it breaking loose, etc. I forgot what the casting time is on that, though. Anyone got their book handy? (I'm at work...) Call Nightmare also requires a Soul as a component, which is kind of weird. Would that pose a problem, Darknoj?

Edit: Oh yeah, it looks like they changed Innate spell. Spell-like abilities normally only take a standard action to use, so if he converted Lesser Planar Binding to a SLA with Innate Spell, it would reduce the casting time. Can anyone check the Player's Guide to Faerun and see if it has a clause in there about keeping the casting time of the original spell?

Assumption: Summon Natures Ally can summon elementals therefore one can summon Gingwatzim.

Druid 5 / Shifter 3 / Deepwarden 2

1) Alertness
3) Endurance
6) Sacred Vow
9) Vow of Poverty, Initutive Attack

STR 10 = 10
DEX 9 (+1 Level 8) = 10
CON 12 (+2 Racial ) = 14
INT 14 = 14
WIS 17 (+1 Level 4) = 18
CHA 16 (-2 Racial ) = 16

Armor: None
Weapon: Large Quarterstaff
Extended Spikes (+2) (4th level spell)

Saves:
Base Ability Total
Fort: +8 + Depends on Form =
Ref: +5 + Depends on Form =
Will: +5 + Depends on Form =

Tactics:

Greater Wild Shape into a Shambling mound. Cast Summon Natures Ally 3 (three times)- Summon 3D3+3 Gingwatzim (See Dragon Magazine #295)
When they arrive have some of them convert to +1 Shocking saps. Have some other beat the hell out of you each attack you gain 1D4 con. Effectively your Con is huge.

When combat begins,Shift again into a Gorgon. Breathe on opponents as they charge towards you. DC is 14+Con modifier. Everyone within the 60ft cone is stone.
Shift into a Minotaur grab someone elses weapon is smash away.

Additionally your effective AC is enormous also because of your Deepwarden levels.

Estimating the Con gain as 100 Con,

Your AC would be 50+
Your HP would be 500+
Your Fort Save would be 60+

Loop combo based moves will not be accepted --- i.e. if your not sure it is 100 legal dont do it.
Pretty sure he meant to rule out infinite feedback loops with this statement. That would prohibit using the Shambling Mound infinite Con trick.

Yes the loop combo, shambling mound trick is out.

For summon nightmare. The soul needed may cause a problem. If you had a pet of some kind you could sack its soul. Cannot think of any other reliable way to get a soul. Maybe you could steal one from a dieing player, some how but I do not have my books with me to look into it.

I've been saying this alot recently, but given the number of casters around I'd imagine a spellthief could be quite effective. Then-again, such an effective character (able to shaft everyone else in the ring) would seem an obvious first target.

I was thinking this as I read Unearthly's comment about the warlock's flying quite high and dispelling anyone who got close, then thinking about my future planned spellthief build and how it'd deal with that. A single long-range sneak attack, attained through Sniper's Shot, a feint, and a heavy crossbow, could see a Steal Spell Effect (Fell Flight) and Steal Spell-Like Ability (Fell Flight) to turn that 250ft height into somewhat of a 'disadvantage'. Note that fell flight doesn't have a nice 'float to earth gently' option like fly does.

That said, There are few ways for a spellthief to reliably get sneak-attacks when solo without 3rd level spells or magical equipment. He'd have to rely on other engagements, ad-hoc truces on the battlefield, perhaps some feat combos, or stolen spells to give him this.

I have a coupple of builds, not decided between them yet, but this is my provisional:
Human Divine Minion of Anhur Spellthief 9
Attributes (priority): Cha+1, Dex, Int, Con, Wis, Str+1
Attributes:
Str 10 (21 in lion form)
Dex 16 (17 in lion form)
Con 12 (15 in lion form)
Int 14
Wis 10
Cha 18

Saves F/R/W: 4(5 as Lion)/6/6 +1 Versus Spells/Powers
Human form AC Norm/Touch/FlatFooted: 18/13/15 (+4 if shield cast)
Lion form AC Norm/Touch/FlatFooted: 15/12/13 (+4 if shield cast)
HP: 6+8d6+9 = 43 (52 in Lion form)

Attacks:
Human Form:
Ranged: +9/+4 (1d8) +3d6 Sneak attack or Spell Theft if applicable
Melee: Turn into a lion as a free action, you fool!
Grapple: +6, but you can turn into a lion as a free action for +15
Lion Form:
Ranged: Turn back into human as a free action, you fool!
Melee: +10/+10/+5 (1d4+5/1d4+5/1d8+2) Rakes: +10/+10 (1d4+2) +3d6 Sneak attack or Spell Theft if applicable
Grapple: +15

Feats:
1 Improved Initiative
h Education (PGtF)
3 Neraph Charge (PlanarHB)
6 Obtain Familar
9 Improved Familiar (Quasit)
Spells Known:
1st:
Sniper's Shot
Fist of Stone
Shield
True Strike
2nd:
Wraithstrike
See Invisibility

Skills (possible 9 maxxed):
Spellcraft 12
Concentration 12
Listen 12
Hide 12
Move Silently 12
Search 12
Disable Device 12
Tumble 12
Knowledge (Planes) 5
Balance 5
Open Lock 2

Equipment: (49k worth)
Mithril Breastplate 4.2k
Tiny Mithril Breastplate 4.2k
Tiny-sized Masterwork Composite Longbow (100gp)
Masterwork Elvencraft (RotW) Serren Wood (BoED) Composite Longbow, +5 strength bonus (5.2k)
Masterwork Elvencraft (RotW) Serren Wood (BoED) Composite Longbow (4.7k)

Skip notes that the equipment of a creature polymorphing from one humanoid form to another basically humanoid form keeps functioning dispite any change in size category.
His equipment keeps functioning in his assumed form because a giant has a basically humanoid body. He gains the troll's Large size, which increases his space and reach and affects his combat abilities -- particularly his grapple bonus. Because his equipment remains functional, it changes size along with him.
Familiar: Quasit
Show
[sblock]QUASIT
Modified Stats
Tiny Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar, Evil) <br />Hit Dice:3d8 (13 hp) (21 or 26 as half master's) <br />Initiative:+7 (Acting with me?) <br />Speed:20 ft. (4 squares), fly 50 ft. (perfect) <br />Armor Class:28 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +8 natural, +5 Mithril Breastplate), touch 15, flat-footed 25 (Natural Armor Adjusted)<br />Base Attack/Grapple:+6/–3 <br />Attack:Claw +11 melee (1d3–1 plus poison) <br />Full Attack:2 claws +11 melee (1d3–1 plus poison) and bite +6 melee (1d4–1) <br />Space/Reach:2-1/2 ft./0 ft. <br />Special Attacks:Poison, spell-like abilities <br />Special Qualities:Alternate form, damage reduction 5/cold iron or good, darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 2, immunity to poison, resistance to fire 10 <br />Saves:Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4 (or as mine, whichever is better) <br />Abilities:Str 8, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10 <br />Skills:Bluff +6, Diplomacy +2, Disguise +0 (+2 acting), Hide +17, Intimidate +2, Knowledge (any one) +6, Listen +7, Move Silently +9, Search +6, Spellcraft +6, Spot +6 (Or as my skill ranks, whichever is better)<br />Feats:Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse<br />Environment:A chaotic evil-aligned plane <br />Organization:Solitary <br />Challenge Rating:2 <br />Treasure:None <br />Alignment:Always chaotic evil <br />Advancement:4–6 HD (Tiny) <br />Level Adjustment:— (Improved Familiar) <br />In its natural form, a quasit stands about 1-1/2 feet tall and weighs about 8 pounds.<br />Quasits speak Common and Abyssal.<br />Combat<br />Although quasits thirst for victory and power as other demons do, they are cowards at heart. They typically attack from ambush, using their alternate form ability and invisibility to get within reach, then try to scuttle away. When retreating, they use their cause fear ability to deter pursuit. <br />A quasit’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as chaotic-aligned and evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.<br />Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 13, initial damage 1d4 Dex, secondary damage 2d4 Dex. The save DC is Constitution-based and includes a +2 racial bonus.<br />Spell-Like Abilities: At will—detect good, detect magic, and invisibility (self only); 1/day—cause fear (as the spell, except that its area is a 30-foot radius from the quasit, save DC 11). Caster level 6th.<br />The save DCs are Charisma-based.<br />Once per week a quasit can use commune to ask six questions. The ability otherwise works as the spell (caster level 12th).<br />Alternate Form (Su): A quasit can assume other forms at will as a standard action. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on itself (caster level 12th), except that a quasit does not regain hit points for changing form, and any individual quasit can assume only one or two forms no larger than Medium. Common forms include bat, monstrous centipede, toad, and wolf. A quasit in alternate form loses its poison attack.
Alternate form 1: Babu (MM3.5)
Alternate Form 2: Erinyes (MM3.5)
Familiar Abilities as a 9th level familiar[/sblock]

Most of this is subject to change... I'll edit this post and note that I've done so in a new post if I do.

Tactics:
Show
[sblock]Buffing and the start of the game:
Using the one round buffing time:

• Your quasit familiar hides amongst your clothing
  • It casts Invisibility on itself.
  • You then steal spell-like-ability from it (ignoring the miss chance as you are touching it already).

In your first round of play you should: Cast the stolen Invisibility on yourself, turn into a lion, and moving out across the battlefield with your remaining move action (towards the nearest caster). From then on, see general combat below.

Recharge: It may be a bit difficult only being able to cast 2nd level spells, but thanks to your quasit familiar you can cast an unlimited number of spells. It takes you a while to recharge, but the following 2-round combination can give you a second level spell energy with which you can power any of your spells known:

• Steal Spell-Like Ability (Invisibility) from your familiar
  • Cast it on yourself and resist.
  • Hopefully make the will save (+7 vs DC12) and level check (+9 vs 13, voluntarily reduce caster level to 3)
  • You now have a 2nd level spell slot (68% chance)
  • Go to 1 unless you have enough spell slots

It takes 2 rounds to do, and isn't garuanteed to work, but seeing as you really don't want to enter combat without a casting of wraithstrike or other buff spells. You dcan also do the same by drinking a cure moderate wounds potion and resisting, althought the save dc for that is higher (+7 vs 13). What's more is that this combo shoudl work while you are both invisible, as none of these actions target foes.

General Combat:
You are fast and deadly but quite fragile and easy to hit. You want to use See Invisibility from early on to ensure that nobody is sneaking-up on you and maximise your chances to see squishy casters, who are your primary target.
Taking-out a caster is easy: In lion form, Pounce on them using Neraph Charge and Wraithstrike. That gives you 5 flat-footed touch-attacks. Trade 1d6 sneak attack from each attack and steal spells as prioritised below. If they are also buffed, trade 1d6 sneak attack to steal their spell effects as prioritised further below. If the caster is flying, hide and use Sniper's Shot to steal spell effect the flight and watch them crunch back to earth where your quasit should be ready to grapple them in erinyes or babu form. You can pounce on them next round. Ensure to steal all copies of dimension door from a caster, and have your familiar in Babu form nearby with an action readied to interrupt spellcasting just in-case.

Spells (or their psionic equivalents) to steal are:
Dimension door (Stops them from escaping)
Polymorph (You are an outsider which gives you some nice options, see polymorphing below)
Divine Power (Very, very powerful, only clerics will have this)
Greater Invisibility and Blink (Very useful)
Wraithstrike (Yes, you can cast it anyway, but you don't want them to be able to)
Alter Self (Other interesting forms)
Curative Spells (mostly from druids/bards(?), clerics wouldn't bother usually)
Otherwise anything you suspect they'll have is good. Preferably don't leave it up to chance much because then you might get a cantrip or 1st level spell.

Spell effects to steal:
Polymorph (remember, you can turn back into a lion as a free action if you want)
Freedom of movement (no grapple protection for you!)
Divine Power (possts their grapple check significantly)
Buffs for you (Mage armor, Stat boosters, ETC)
Basically anything that threatens you or would be useful for you. Suck them dry of effects if you want, but otherwise the extra 1d6 damage may be of use dispatching them sooner. Although you can't steal a 5th level spell yet, you can steal a 5th level spell effect. Their caster levels will be low enough (10 or so, maybe 11 or 13 for specialists) that you can automatically steal that thanks to your good charisma.

Thanks to psionics/magic transparency, you should be able to steal and absorb psi powers and effects too, including effects that have been Wild Surged to 13 or so manifester level.

The Spellthief and non-casters:
Non-casters can be tougher nuts to crack. A Wraithstrike Neraph Lion-form Poince could still net you around 83 damage including sneak-attack, however, so if you have a second level spell and someone looks injured don't hesitate to slaughter them.

General spelltheft notes:
Don't use all of your spells up on one person. You need spells to get more spells, so only use your last few spells if you think it will result in getting more spells.

An unconcious creature is always considered willing, thus if you drop someone to -1 then in the subsequent rounds you can steal spell slots from them as standard actions without killing them with more sneak-attacks. Battering them with 2 saps whilst they're down can also get the same effect done faster.

Threats to the Spellthief:
Un-sneak-attackable creatures: Undead, Characters with a level of Warshaper, Constructs, or any creature without a discernable anatomy will be immune to your sneak attack and spell-theft abilities. You're best to stay away from them until you have enougg stolen spell slots and stolen buffs that you can beat them without spell-thefts.
Superior grapplers:Unless you have managed to attain a casting of polymorph, a druid will probably have better grappler forms available to them than you. Some particularly strong fighter-based opponents may similarly be your equal or better in grapples. You cannot steal spell effect a druid's Wildshape because it's a supernatural ability. Stay clear of particularly tough meleeists, preying on casters for buffs ETC before attacking them.
Flyers:Flying creatures can be tricky if you can't steal the spell effect off them that's holding them up. Snipe them from range and get a casting of fly, polymorph, or alter self to turn you into a winged creature.
Lesser Globes of Invulnerability: Able to stop any spell effect of 3rd level or lower, these will stop/suppress certain spells within the area. They can suppress any spell of 3rd level or lower, so there goes Wraithstrike and Invisibility, and they cannot be stolen from the caster using steal spell effect. The best way to deal with them is either to snipe them from range or get 4th level buff spells (polymorph ETC) then go in and maul them.
Saints: Vow of Poverty Saint/Monks may still have really, really high flat-footed touch-ACs. To make things worse, your spells won't work near a saint (see Lesser Globe of Invulnerability above). You should hopefully be able to out-grapple them, and you can probably snipe them from range or finish them off using True Strike, but ideally you'd want a powerful polymorph form and to go in and grapple them to death.[/sblock]

Note that I am assuming that it is a free action to switch forms using the Fast Wild Shape ability, allowing the character, if in lion form, to change into a human, cast wraithstrike, change back into a lion, and charge all in the same round. Otherwise it may be best to take a flaw and the Wild Spell feat.

That is why I posted it with that title. Here is where I would go with the build.

Druid 5 / MoMF 3 / Deepwarden 2

1) Alertness
3) Endurance
6) Pick
9) Pick

STR 12 = (+1 Level 4) = 13
DEX 9 = 9
CON 10 (+2 Racial ) = 12
INT 14 = 14
WIS 17 (+1 Level 8) = 18
CHA 16 (-2 Racial ) = 16

Armor: None
Weapon: Large Great Club
Spikes (+2) (3rd level spell)

Saves:
Base Ability Total
Fort: +8 + Depends on Form =
Ref: +5 + Depends on Form =
Will: +5 + Depends on Form =

Turn into a Troll use the spiked Great Club. If needed to be a flier, shift into something that flies.

Make sure to have Dispel magic for the buffed clerics and wizards.

I think this build gives good flexibility.

[MENTION=5788]me[/MENTION]dicelious-Melharmonac A shifter does not gain the extrodinary abilities of thier form until 7th level.

As for my submission (to be refined at a later time)- I have to submit a wilder :D.

Human Wilder 10.
Stats:
Str: 18 = 17 (base) + 1 (level4)
Dex: 16 = 14 (base) + 2 (VoP)
Con: 16
Int: 9
Cha: 13 = 12 (base) + 1 (level8)

HP: 6+9d6+30
PP: 93=88(base) + 5(stat)

Skills: Max Concentration, Spot, Listen, Sense Motive

Feats: Sacred Vow, Vow of Poverty, Psicrystal Affinity (Singleminded: +3 Concentration), Expanded Knowledge: Energy Missile, Expanded Knowledge: Dimensional Slide

Powers (Not counting Expanded Knowledge Powers):
1: Inertial Armor, Vigor
2: Share Pain, Ego Whip
3: Dispel Psionics, Mental Barrier

Note: Dispel Psionics works on Magic too due to transparency, and when augmented at 10pp, has a dispel check of 1d20+20. Auto dispels anything at this level. :D

Equipment: Quarterstaff, Clothes- Optional.

AC: 35 = 10 (Base) + 7 Exalted (VoP) + 9 Armor (Inertial Armor, Surged +1) + 3 Dex + 5 Deflection (Mental Barrier, Augmented once, Lasts 3 rounds, surged for 2) + 1 Natural (VoP)

Melee Attack: 13 = 7 BAB + 4 Str + 1 Surging Euphoria + 1 Enhancement (VoP)
Damage: 1d6 + 8

Buffs:
Share Pain with your psi-crystal- Any damage transfered is subject to hardness :D.
When you Vigor, Use the "share power" ability so it affects your psi-crystal. Combined with share pain, grants a whole lot of temporary HP's.

Tactics:
Conserve your PP by manifesting your offensive powers and augmenting with wild surge for 2.
Ego Whip anyone who is running around with claws in thier base form (stupid Ferals). Coup de Grace those who fall unconscience with your staff.
Energy Missile Warriors: Use sonic, target them and thier gear (5 targets all within 15' them, thier weapon, thier armor, and 2 pieces of equipment). It bypasses hardness.
Energy Missile multiple meleeist engaged in combat.
Only use Mental Barrier when you are getting attacked. It is an IMMEDIATE ACTION meaning you can respond to someone attacking you.
Use Dimensional Slide as a move action to escape grapples.
As for those flying warlocks, ready an action to manifest dispel when they are within range, and dimensional slide to range (even in mid air). Laugh maniacally when they plummet 250 feet. :D

Note: Dispel Psionics works on Magic too due to transparency, and when augmented at 10pp, has a dispel check of 1d20+20. Auto dispels anything at this level. :D
:OMG! Wow... never noticed how good psionicists were at dispelling other peoples' buffs... That's crazy!

Cleric 6 / Divine Oracle 4

Domains: Planning

1) Extend Spell - Planning Domain
1) Persistent Spell - Human
1) Divine Metamagic (Persistent) - Human
3) Skill Focus (Religion)
6) Extra Turning
9) Extra Turning
10) Power Attack

STR 17 (+1 Level +6 Divine Power) = 24(+6)
DEX 9
CON 12
INT 10
WIS 14 (+1 Level 8) = 15
CHA 16

Armor: Full Plate + Heavy Shield
Weapon: Club

No of Turning Attempts
Undead: 3+3+4+4 = 14

DM(P) = Divine Power = 7 attempts (5th level Spell) (or Righteous Might + Longspear)
DM(P) = Ring of Blades = 7 attempts

Precast:
Extended Spikes (+2) (4th level spell) +12 to Damage
Magic Vestment (+2) (3rd Level Spell)

Saves:
Base Ability Total
Fort: +6 +1 +7
Ref: +2 +1 +3
Will: +7 +2 +9

Round 1 Cast Divine Agility (Rogue Saves, +4 Dex)
Round 2 Recitation (+3 to hit and Damage, -2 to all Opponents within the area of effect)
Round 3 Attack nearest person (Don't forget the Ring of Blades is 1D6 + 10 to anyone adjacent to you.

Remove ads