Name that Movie

MarkB

Legend
Anyone else have nagging recollections you'd like to have id'd forensically?

There's one from my childhood that I've had annoying-vague recollections of for absolute ages, though what I remember of it is disturbing enough that I can't say I'd actually want to see it.

It was an animated movie, involving a large, colourful group of hippoptami who were slaughtered, leaving just one youngster surviving. I think he teamed up with a kid to run away, and then bad things ensued.

About all I can clearly remember is a traumatic view of a river clogged with hippo corpses, to the extent that the youngster has to swim underwater to get clear of them, and then later in the movie an absolutely bizarre psychedelic dream sequence involving tomatoes growing into giant spaceships whose occupants pursue the kid and his hippo.

Ravenwind

First Post
Good catch. I could have described the whole opening scene, right down to the doll in the swing, but couldn't recall the show.

Pretty much as soon as I saw all the bodies, and yes, the doll in the swing, yep. This is the scene that burned itself into my brain as a kid, and pretty much set the standard for "things that will creep me out as an adult."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases