1e/3e Experience Calculator?

CombatWombat51

First Post
Like many, the wackyness of CR's bug me. But instead of whining :D , I've decided to come up with a 1st edition-style experience point table.

For those who aren't familiar, the 1E way of calculating XP was based on exactly what the creature could do. As converted for 3E, it would include considerations for number of attacks, hit points, saving throw bonuses, average damage, feats, special attacks, special qualities.... ya know, everything.

It'd be really spiffy if something like this already exists in 3E, that way I wouldn't have to create it from scratch :p Anyone know of anything remotely like this?

Angcuru

First Post
I prefer the methods from the earlier editions as well. CR=BAADD!!

but if you were to do that, you would have to tweak the exp requirements to level as well.

Last edited:

CombatWombat51

First Post
but if you were to do that, you would have to tweak the exp requirements to level as well.

Well, I probably will just because it'd be easier... the experience calculator would be a complex thing, so it'd be easiest to base the XP level requirements around what creatures come up giving.

Still, I could just try and work it into the existing system. It'd be a little more difficult to try and balance everything, but the advantage to doing it that way is that the XP house rules would only be on the DM's side of the screen.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases