Amazon hiring software development engineers. Gamer-friendly workplace.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Hey guys and gals, my company (Amazon.com) is on a big hiring drive for Software Development Engineers (and Senior SDEs). Since the economy has put many folks out of a job, and since many D&D players are techies, I thought I'd post a note here.

Reply with a text resume and note to me (mikef@amazon.com) with "ENworld gamer/SDE" in the title, and I'll get you into the HR system as a referral. That means you'll have a much better chance of being contacted/considered (and, yes, it means I'll be up for a referral bonus--gotta pay for those 3.5 books somehow).

Specific openings are listed here (software development) and here (website development).

Here's one of the many job blurbs from those pages:

Amazon.com's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Development Process team is looking for an exceptional software development engineer to architect and develop Amazon.test, a complex simulation software system to test and simulate order flow from the time of placing the order to shipping to the customer. The ERP Development Process team is responsible for the quality of our code used in processing orders placed on the Web site. We are looking for an engineer who can architect and build a scalable and extensible test harness, a suite of automated test tools and a simulation framework. Additional duties include automating regression tests and end-to-end smoke tests. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent experience, and 5 or more years of development work with strong focus on quality assurance. Competence in C/C++, Perl, and UNIX is essential, as well as a proven ability to deliver reliable, maintainable code. This engineer must be detail focused, organized, and creative, and must be a good communicator with a good customer service orientation. Experience working with object-oriented design and tools development is preferred.

Lemme know,
Mike/Zaruthustran
mikef@amazon.com

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Well, this thread is 16 years old, and the OP hasn't posted in nearly two years. You are unlikely to get a useful response.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
Man, 2003 was a wild time.

"My company (amazon.com, maybe you've heard of it, we're not that big or anything)"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases