Pathfinder 1E New to Pathfinder

drowwanton

First Post
I've always been curious when it comes to Pathfinder. I've never had a chance to play it, but how different is it compared to the Dungeons and Dragons rpg. Reason being I'm interested in trying out pathfinder, but I want to use Drow and dragonborn. I'm not too sure as to how they are received or if there are any character level adjustments for them in the game. So could anyone toss me some tips on how to get into Pathfinder.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Depends which edition of D&D you're familiar with. If 3E or 3.5, then it's very, very close. If 4E, it's very different. 5E, somewhere between those two.

What's your prior D&D edition?

drowwanton

First Post
Depends which edition of D&D you're familiar with. If 3E or 3.5, then it's very, very close. If 4E, it's very different. 5E, somewhere between those two.

What's your prior D&D edition?

I'm used to 3.5 and 4e. I'm currently reading and getting a grip on 5e. Simply, because I'm in love with these series. I often write stories based off my rpcs and I'm currently looking to get into pathfinder. So to answer your question...Yes I'm familiar with 3.5, and 4e.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm used to 3.5 and 4e. I'm currently reading and getting a grip on 5e. Simply, because I'm in love with these series. I often write stories based off my rpcs and I'm currently looking to get into pathfinder. So to answer your question...Yes I'm familiar with 3.5, and 4e.

Well, it's basically 3.5. If you know how to play 3.5, you can play Pathfinder. It's very different to 4E.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Paizo does make it easy to get access to the PF rules. There's also http://www.d20pfsrd.com, an independent site that also includes 3rd party OGL material. All PF rule books are available as PDFs for $9.99 (not just the core rule book). And there are a variety of apps on the Apple App Store (if you have an iOS device) organizing and compiling the PF rules.

Sarac

First Post
If you've played 3.5, Pathfinder is a great next step. My group and I call it 3.7 or 3.5 on steroids. Seeing what 4E did we've been with Pathfinder since the day the Core Rulebook came out and I don't see us moving on anytime soon. And like what was said above the Pathfinder SRD has everything about Pathfinder that you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask. Happy rolling!

delericho

Legend
Worth noting that Dragonborn don't exist as such in Pathfinder. I'm sure there are homebrew versions of them floating around out there somewhere, though (and they wouldn't be too hard to cook up on your own).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases