[SPOILERS] James Bond and SPECTRE - A Short Review

In my opinion, (mild spoilers)

[sblock]the movie is pretty solid until they get off the train. Then you discover that the villain is petulant in a sort of Star Wars prequels Darth-Vader-built-C3P0 way, and that he doesn't really have a villainous plot that needs to be thwarted. Any previous grittiness the franchise had exploited in the Craig years vanishes, and all tension evaporates. Worst of all for a Bond movie, the ending has no panache.[/sblock]

I'm fine with having paid $5 for half of a good movie. It's just disappointing that the ending doesn't really have any stakes.

Last edited:

Yeah RW...pretty much

[sblock]So, the whole time the BBG was out to whack Bond because his daddy didn't love him? I mean he went through a lot of bs...like destroying the world....to get back at his stepbrother because his daddy didn't love him enough. And the main lair was a data center? really? Oh, and WTF was up with the meeting that Bond crashed only to run away. And the data center...just kind of blew up by itself... I counted at least 6 instances when he could have whacked Bond but chose not to. Moriarty seemed a far better/more interesting villain that the shmucky half brother. [/sblock]

Water Bob

Adventurer
Yeah RW...pretty much

[sblock]So, the whole time the BBG was out to whack Bond because his daddy didn't love him? I mean he went through a lot of bs...like destroying the world....to get back at his stepbrother because his daddy didn't love him enough. And the main lair was a data center? really? Oh, and WTF was up with the meeting that Bond crashed only to run away. And the data center...just kind of blew up by itself... I counted at least 6 instances when he could have whacked Bond but chose not to. Moriarty seemed a far better/more interesting villain that the shmucky half brother. [/sblock]

And....had a fanatical army of people, mostly behind the scenes, following him! Makes no real sense at all!

Remove ads