Anyone looking for bases similar to the pre-painted miniature's bases?

Kor

First Post
Let me preface this by saying I can be picky about small details which probably bother few others...

I have been looking for bases identical in appearance to bases which the D&D and Pathfinder Battles miniatures mounted are on. Now when I say identical, I do mean identical. I have yet to find a plastic base that lacks a beveled edge, and a smooth yet not glossy surface.

Two of the main bases I am using now are Litko's acrylic bases (which are the right height, but are extremely glossy/shiny (and love to capture fingerprints). I also loaded up with a bunch of the new bases Reaper made along with their Bones miniatures, however these bases are quite a bit higher and they have a textured top surface (which is great if you are planning to glue flock or other material to detail it).

I have re-purposed many miniatures from other sets (i.e. Heroscape) and have very slowly been painting up some of my Reaper Bones miniatures. For reasons I am unable to explain (other than an OCD-like need for consistency), I am just not fully happy with the bases I have been using.

Since I can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for, I am considering having the bases manufactured. I would like to release these in a Kickstarter campaign, and would ideally like to have small, medium and large bases all be part of the main funding goals. Larger and smaller bases might also be added as additional pledge goals.

I want the bases to also have the recessed area underneath the base, as this allows for magnets to be added for those that use Alea Tools' base markers/counters (which are awesome by the way, even though I don't use the magnets.)

My immediate concern, is that I'm uncertain if there really is much demand for these since there are so many other plastic bases out there and most people are not as picky as myself. To determine if there is a demand for these bases I am soliciting feedback. If this is a product that would interest you, please let me know.

Thank you.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases