[5E] Three Homebrew Video Game Monsters

Zargo Games

First Post
Hi, ENWorld! This is my first post here!
I've started homebrewing a few random video game monsters for my blog, so I thought I'd share them here and get some feedback. The first two contain a line for a homebrew mercy rule, so unless you're planning on using that rule, feel free to ignore the "Spare" action.

Ice Cap (from Undertale)
Medium monstrocity, lawful neutral
Armor Class 14 (natural armor)
Hit Points 65 (10d8+20)
Speed 30 ft.
STRDEXCONINTWISCHA
11 (+0)16 (+3)15 (+2)11 (+0)9 (-1)9 (-1)
Damage Immunities cold
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons
Senses passive Perception 9
Languages Common, Undercommon
Challenge 4 (1100 XP)

Cool Hat Ice Cap has a cool hat. It's so cool, it's hard to take your eyes off of it. Each turn, a creature that can see Ice Cap must succeed a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw or stare at Ice Cap's hat. This has no effect on the creature, but it improves Ice Cap's self esteem.

Spare If a creature succeeds on the saving throw against Ice Cap's Cool Hat ability two turns in a row, the Ice Cap's self esteem is broken. The creature can then take an action to steal Ice Cap's hat or to spare the Ice Cap. If its hat is stolen, the Ice Cap cannot use an action to attack.

Actions
Multiattack
The Ice Cap makes three ice shard attacks.

Ice Shard Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 30/90 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (2d8) cold damage.

Migosp (from Undertale)
Small monstrocity, true neutral
Armor Class 11 (natural armor)
Hit Points 11 (2d6+4)
Speed 30 ft.
STRDEXCONINTWISCHA
14 (+2)8 (-1)14 (+2)8 (-1)7 (-2)13 (+1)
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 8
Languages Common, Undercommon
Challenge 1/8 (25 XP)

Peer Pressure The Migosp can only use its Buzz action if there is an ally of the Migosp that it can see within 60 ft. If there is an ally of the Migosp within 60 ft., it cannot use the Dance ability.

Spare If there is not an ally of the Migosp that it can see within 60 ft. of the Migosp, a creature can use an action to spare the Migosp.

Actions
Buzz Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4+2) slashing damage.

Dance
The Migosp spends its turn dancing rather than fighting. Mm, chaaa chaaa chaaa!

Skree (from Super Metroid)
Small beast, unaligned
Armor Class 13
Hit Points 2 (1d6-1)
Speed 0 ft., burrow 30 ft., fly 30 ft.
STRDEXCONINTWISCHA
Skills Stealth +5
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 11
Languages -
Challenge 1/8 (25 XP)

Camouflage While the Skree remains motionless, it has advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made to hide.

Actions
Dive Bomb The skree dives from the ceiling and attacks a target within its flying move speed with its bite. Whether the bite hits or misses, the skree then burrows into the ground up to half its burrow move speed, launching rocks into the air when it strikes the ground. Creatures within 10 feet of the skree when it burrows into the ground must succeed on a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw or take 1d6 bludgeoning damage. The skree does not provoke opportunity attacks with this action.

Bite Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4+3) piercing damage.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases