EBERRON: THE HIDDEN PbP

Radaceus

Adventurer
"Más féidir liom, a chairde," Speaking off hand in his native tongue to those around him, Dairken steps forward."Greetings, Sir, yes we do require a room, do you have one that would accommodate the six of us" he asks, as he leans an elbow on the bar, and thumbs the group, purposefully revealing his House Phiarlan brooch pinned to his cuff,"But first things first, a flagon of wine and a round for my friends." Still leaning on the bar waiting the barkeepers reply, he turns back to the group, a brow raised quizzically "Tar éis seo, beidh mé ag teacht ar oiriúint , agus tá súil againn a bhailiú roinnt eolais a."

When the round of drinks appear, Dairken pays the man, and raises his flagon 'A toast! to our assemblage, may our endeavors together be worthy of note, and blessed with forthcoming fortuity!

[sblock='Elvish']'if I may, friends'...'After this I will find a tailor, and hopefully gather some more information'[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
"Fortuity" says the cleric as he raises the wine before taking a sip. He just relaxes and lets Dairken handle the accommodations. He spends a little time looking at the map and wondering where they should explore.

AsmodeusLore

First Post
In elvish, Aric replies "<Don't forget the food. I'm starving.>"

After a brief toast, Aric glances around to see if there is a clock in the main room, checking how long he has before his meeting. He would have preferred a room to himself, but he decides it is best to hold that thought to himself for now. It isn't that he minds sharing with his companions. Quite the opposite really. If he stays up late inscribing, brewing, or otherwise crafting, he would prefer to avoid disturbing the sleep of his fellows. If his meeting goes well, perhaps he can avoid that issue entirely.

Radaceus

Adventurer
"Too right, food, almost forgot!" Speaking to the group as if the barkeep was not part of the conversation,"well since I have initiated our dialogue with this fine gentleman, I suppose I am obliged to continue..."

Addressing the barkeep, "Sir may we please have a platter of fruit and veg, a few loaves of bread, some soup of the day, a grilled fish...oh and that one definitely eats meat" he slightly nods, signifying Chevri, recalling her toothy grin, "So something for the carnivores to," Dairken pauses looking out the window, in momentary recollection, as if it mirrored his thoughts and would produce something more than morose scenery. "And thank you," he gestures to the drinks, scooping up his flagon of wine.
After shouting their food and drinks, Dairken points out a quiet unoccupied corner of the establishment. "We'll be right over there."

Sezarious

Explorer
Cyric chuckles at Dairkens display. He was quite the showman really. He wondered if the barkeep was so appreciative of the mans confident attitude or if he'd be rolling his eyes. Becoming lost in his thoughts, he looked over to the bottles of various alcohols lining the back of the bar, trying to see if there were any he recognised that may have been important. He was distracted in this moment by the subtle beauty of the different colours in the glass, the dust particles floating nearby, then the flickering flame of a candle, dancing quietly on a tablecloth. He had to snap himself to when it came time to take a seat.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Chevri followed the others through the crowded 'streets' to the Lily Pad, safely sheltered beneath the drawn-up hood of her cloak- there were few of her kind here, and it seemed best not to take chances. As she walked along, though, it was easy to tell that her gaze was sweeping from side to side, taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of the town. There were some intriguing details, certainly- perhaps later there would be a bit of time to investigate; it seemed likely that there were other druids in town that she might speak to, at least...

Once they reached the place, Chevri hung back just a little bit- hesitating before the doorway the way a city-dweller might hesitate before a darkened cave. After a brief pause, she followed the others inside, lingering in the shadow of the larger folk. She spoke not a word, letting the more social folk handle the niceties. At the toast, she raised her glass and whispered a few words in Sylvan. "A blessing," she added, at the curious looks.

When they made their way to a table, she finally spoke a few more words. "So, we have our map... Do any of you have any other sources we might draw upon for local information? Or should we prepare to make our way out into this Hidden, this New Water based upon the map alone?"

"I do have a room large enough for your entire party- if you are okay mixing the lady and gents." Offers the Inn keeper.

"A tailor? I will need to think about that one."

Vorik looks over the map and notes small pinkish squares. Possible places of interest. Then he notes there are several handwritten notes. Mutated rats, fastclaws with tentacles? Dead Dragon?

Food arrives. Stew with Marches potatoes and gravy. Not incredible but decent. The Tavern keep offers basic ale. He has a very limited supply and options for drink.

"Come to for Fame and Fortune?" he asks with a warm sincere smile.

Orannius

First Post
once inside and sat down but just before the owner comes around Tarnemelk will look a fair bit sad, siiiigh, who new that the tavern would still be on the docks! And it looks like this will be a large part of our lives being meters away from salty stuff! once he sees the owner coming along with the food he perks right up though Oh my good man a warm meal takes the edge off of the hardest of men! and with a side ways glance at Chervi oh umm and women of course... and with that he will dive straight into the food, with not the best table manners he will go on to say between quite full mouthfuls I don't know much about fame and couldn't care much of it but depending on the type of fortune that could be out their I could be very interested to be sure!

Radaceus

Adventurer
"Fine, I will make do in these dregs" Dairken pinches the ratty cuff of his jerkin, and begins folding the salt-starched sleeve from his wrist to his elbow just below his leather armor. "And ale...", he sighs, as he begins to sniff a ladle full of the stew, and dishing a meager portion.
Stabbing at the map between bites with his fork, "I'll leave that decision up to someone else, I am eager to put my skills to use in discovering the secrets hidden out there," he gazes out the window.

"Speaking of which," between bites,"I shall excuse myself to see what one can see, when they have the ears to hear." He finishes his meal, washing it down with the ale, a slight grimace at the taste, wipes his mouth with a handkerchief, bows to the table. He walks to the table, pays the bill, and slips out into the evening.

[sblock=skill checks] While out, Dairken will attempt to learn anything he can by:
skulking,
[roll0]
[roll1]
and striking up conversation with the locals and guards,
[roll2][/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] MM, may I please have an account of how much coin it has cost for our room and board? cheers mate[/sblock]

Dairken stats

Remove ads