EBERRON: THE HIDDEN PbP

AsmodeusLore

First Post
To Chevri, Aric says "I have my contacts in the house, but I don't know how useful they will be towards us at the moment. The leader of the local outpost seems to have a penchant for the 'hands-on' crafters, and my use of homunculi seems to have put me on her bad side already. I'll be able to tell more after my meeting. Hopefully, this whole trip won't have been for nothing. I need the outpost to report favorably on my actions here."

As the food arrives, Aric takes careful stock of the contents. Once he's sure it is edible, he will partake with a cultured enthusiasm. Upon finishing his meal, he'll take a handkerchief to his lips, then tuck it away. A pleasant smile finds its way to his face. "Nothing brightens one's mood and hopes for the future like a filling meal. Speaking of the future, I think we should follow Daevrik's lead. Let's put our individual talents to work gathering information. Then, we'll share what we discover, and make a group decision. I suppose we should start planning for the excursion into the hidden as well. I expect, Chevri, that your skills in the wilderness will prove invaluable. What equipment should I start preparing?"

Scotley

Hero
Vorik eats only a little and drinks less. Being used to better fare he eats only enough to sustain himself. "I don't have any sources of local information to call up. Looking over the map we have a choice of interesting known encounters, or we could try to venture into an unexplored or at least unreported areas. I don't have preference."

pathfinderq1

First Post
As the food arrives, Aric takes careful stock of the contents. Once he's sure it is edible, he will partake with a cultured enthusiasm. Upon finishing his meal, he'll take a handkerchief to his lips, then tuck it away. A pleasant smile finds its way to his face. "Nothing brightens one's mood and hopes for the future like a filling meal. Speaking of the future, I think we should follow Daevrik's lead. Let's put our individual talents to work gathering information. Then, we'll share what we discover, and make a group decision. I suppose we should start planning for the excursion into the hidden as well. I expect, Chevri, that your skills in the wilderness will prove invaluable. What equipment should I start preparing?"

Chevri took a tiny portion of the offered food- just enough to be polite; she didn't appear to be making much effort to actually eat said food, however. She responded to Aric's question with what might have been a quizzical look. "Beyond the basics, I'm not sure yet. We might need some form of shelter, if we intend to camp out- maybe some kind of small boat or something, it might be too swampy to actually walk about much. I would think your creation might be helpful scouting a bit, once we're away from folk that would shoot at it... Beyond that, we'll have to see what else we can find out." She paused, and looked around the table at the others. "Perhaps we might each do a bit of asking around, and then meet back here for dinner to share our findings?"

[sblock= OOC] If we do split up, Chevri will head off in search of some local druids- I thought I saw a garden or something on the local map key? [/sblock]

Orannius

First Post
splitting up before we settle in may be a good idea, just keep those coin purses tied tight hahaha, oh my good Barkeep what have you heard from people coming back from this 'the Hidden' all all this hubbub about new water?

Sezarious

Explorer
Cyric brushes back his cloak, placing his hands on his waist. "I'm more than happy to stretch my legs awhile longer, but I have one rule about exploring new places! Never travel alone, no matter how well patrolled or safe a city may seem to be, one can never be too careful. I suggest that if we split up, we at least do so in pairs. I will accompany any of you as I personally have nothing I need to do myself. Just say the word and I'm yours." He smiles at his companions, taking a polite bow.

Scotley

Hero
"Likewise, I have no local contacts, so I am willing to accompany someone else on their errand. I agree going alone is a bad idea," observes the Cleric.

"Rumors you ask? Well the usual things I suppose. New mutated creatures, the presence of the Emerald Claw, a mutating warforged , and those damned beetles." the tavern owner offers.

"Oh- here is a rumor I just heard this day- the shopkeepers want increased protection for their shops. Rumor is they want House Deneith to come here instead of leaving it to the 1/2 orcs.

Orannius

First Post
Ooooooo The Emerald Claw sounds fancy, what's that? he will look around at his companions to see if they recognise the name and why would the shop keeps need protection, the town isn't under attack is it towards the end of that last part he sounds a little nervous

Oh well I have no real penchant for information gathering other then the usual direct approach and as such didn't want to get in anyone's way haha, but if we are all in the same boat, no pun intended, then how about having a visit to our room to secure our things and then doing a once around if the town?

Scotley

Hero
Vorik raises and eyebrow at the mention of House Deneith. I must get a letter out to the nearest outpost, he thinks to himself.

"Beetles?"
he asks.

Remove ads