EBERRON: THE HIDDEN PbP

AsmodeusLore

First Post
Aric takes out a small notebook and begins scratching notes. "Shelter... Transportation." He cocks his head to the side thoughtfully. "Mundane gear would be some tents and a boat rented from a local. I could probably emulate a rope trick, but not for long enough to be what we need. Maybe a potion of water walk for emergencies. I'll also ask at the outpost to see what they have available. I will head over there now. It's about time for that meeting."

Aric will drop a couple coins for his share of the room and board, then head out to the Cannith outpost.

Sezarious

Explorer
Cyric cocks his head at Aric. "If hiring a boat is possible, maybe our map maker has one andgo with us. It could be a mutually beneficial exchange. He looks as if he can handle himself and wants to be able to explore to gain further ground into the Hidden. In exchange, we could be his protection and his scouts. If not, he would probably know someone reliable.

Otherwise, do you think that rowboats might be sufficient? We'd only need 2, but if we purchased, say, 4, we will be able to carry more loot to and from places AND our numbers would be more dispersed in case of danger. I'll go with you in case you need someone to carry things".

Aric leaves the Lily Pad and walks the short distance to the Cannith structure. Entering the alley he comes to a doorway marked for House Cannith. Going in he sees a young woman organizing some books. It is the Magewright- Nanna d'Cannith. "Hello. I assume you are the owner of that strange little flying cat. Lady Jaynadine will be ready for you shortly."

Looking around, you see a few displays of typical magical adventuring gear. There are wands, bolts, arrows and a few other mundane items.

There is a bell and the magewright invites you through a door.

When inquiring about "the beetles" there has been a recent outbreak in beetle swarms. These beetles are harmless but very brightly colored.

When asking about the need for Deneith, Davis just suggests you walk around a bit on the docks come nightfall.

Curious, you do go out to look about. There is much more activity on the docks now. Adventurers newly returned from New Water and The Hidden are enjoying life. They are loud and rowdy. Some are even aggressive. Having seen no law enforcement on the docks, you can begin to understand why the locals are concerned. There are times of wild and near riot conditions as adventurers come ashore and/or arrive in what once a sleepy trade town.

OOC: Where to?

AsmodeusLore

First Post
Aric doesn't seem to mind Cyric's company. ".Not that I mind you joining me, but you will probably be bored. This meeting is simply a formality. You'll have to wait while I meet with Jaynadine."

Inside, to Nanna, "Yes, that is my messenger. It's name is Flit." Flit will poke his head out of the haversack, and look at Nanna. Aric smiles at Nanna. "Do you mind if I browse the shelves while I wait?"

Aric will peruse the goods on display. He will especially look for any items that might provide shelter, or have transportation abilities. If he doesn't find anything, or maybe even if he does, he'll ask Nanna about some supplies. It seems like a good way to make conversation.

When the bell goes off, Aric gives a short, courteous nod to Nanna. "Thank you for your assistance. I hope we'll meet again very soon." He then passes through the next doorway, eager to see what awaits him.

In the office, he will offer his introduction to Jaynadine, "Greetings! My name is Aric d'Brennan, Scion and Artificer of Cannith. I've just arrived to Ylarg. I'm here to introduce myself to the local representative of House Cannith, and offer my services in support of the House." He speaks with a tone of formal protocol, bowing respectfully at the waist.

Last edited:

Most of the items on display are very basic. Mundane ropes, sleeping gear and packs. The display near the main counter has a few curious looking items. As a Cannith member you recognize them as tools for the trade.

"Welcome to Yrlag." says Jaynadine. The woman before you is tall, thin and has the common family trait of red hair. She is dressed to be comfortable in the humidity and heat that sometimes sweeps through the region. She has two rings, a signet of the family and another jeweled ring with possible magical properties. She is sitting behind a large dark wood desk that has neat and well organized piles of papers. One pile has drawings of a boat or barge.

"Please sit. And who may you be?" she addresses the human male traveler.

"We do not receive very many house members here. I presume you are here due to the recent events in the swamp?"

Chevri, Dairken, Tarn and Vorik walk the docks looking for information. The sun hangs low in the western sky and the occasional town light comes to life drawing bugs near and far. Some of the taverns are extremely loud as there is a mix of natives (orcs, humans and cross-breeds) and incoming adventurers. Your keen ears are sharp for threats and points of interest. A small rowboat with three goblins disappears under a dock in the distance. An owl hoots and flies away from an unseen perch on a rooftop of a closed shop.

Ahead of you there is a grouping of people laughing.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Dairken

Pulling his hood, the elf slips into the shadows nearest the group of people laughing, slowly moving around and passed, careful to avoid detection as he weaves his way from one source of cover to the next, listening intently to their raucousness.

[sblock=Recon]
[roll=Move Silently][roll0]
[roll=Hide][roll1]
[roll2]
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]If Dairken is spotted, he will proceed determined by how the group reacts to his pressence
  • if freindly enough, he will pull back his hood and introduce himself, explaining how he was just wandering back to his room
  • if suspicious of him, he will pretend to be drunk and attempt to wander off
  • if hostile he will attempt to evade the conflict by quickly moving away into the shadows or nearest crowd[/sblock]

Character Sheet

Scotley

Hero
Vorik pauses to speak with Chevri and Tarn while Dairken makes his move on the strangers. He gestures in the direction of the goblins in the rowboat. "We are definitely going to need boats here. Being able to move about both deeper into the 'new water' and without walking these crowded and perhaps dangerous streets is going to be important. In the meantime should we try one of the taverns and see what we can learn?" He gestures at a place that isn't the loudest, but is still doing a brisk business. "Maybe there?"

Dairken slips through the shadows of the docks as night begins to fall. A small crowd has gathered and is quite entertained. Peering through the bodies you spot two individuals in the center of the ring of onlookers. There is a warforged and a bugbear. The bugbear is taunting the warforged and making fun of him. You notice several half-orcs dressed better than most of the people. They wear the badges of House Tharashk- the town's law! They seem to be enjoying themselves and possibly making bets involving the warforged and bugbear.

The warforged is very large and seems to be trying to avoid a fight. He is wearing a sign on his chest. It reads "Town Idiot".

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases