[LPF] Into the Wilds Part 1

Radaceus

Adventurer
[section]
"Careful yon Regar, Maenor, step back ere" Snorri whispers. Quick to stop his party from advancing further, gestures with his axe to halt.
"Mynda bróður, gætum við verið horft," he says under his breath to Brog, eyeing the direction of a possible spy hole up the wall of the passage.
[/section]

[sblock=Dwarven]"Form up brother, we may be watched."[/sblock]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Snorri Ironaxe Stonelord (paladin) 1st level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Darkvision 60 ft.
Speed: 20'

AC: 18 (touch 11; flat-footed 17) HP: 12/ 12
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +3

Hatred: Dwarves gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblinoid subtypes because of their special training against these hated foes
Stonecunning: Dwarves gain a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.

In Hand:Dwarven Waraxe: Attack: +3 = [BAB (+1) + Ability (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d10+2, Crit: 20/x3, Slashing
Off Hand:Heavy Wooden Shield: Attack: +3 = [BAB (+1) + Ability (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2, Bludgeoning

Conditions: None yet
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

Maenor listens to the deafening silence of the cavern for a moment before shaking his head. "Seems deserted to me. Perhaps they fled at our approach. A wise course of action." He searches around for a stone on the ground. Finding a suitable piece of stone he crushes a lightning bug thorax between his fingers and traces a strange rune on the surface. "Lux de maleficus." The stone bursts into a soft glow and he tosses it into the pit.
[/section]

[sblock=Ancient Landellian]
"Wizard's Light"
[/sblock]

[sblock=Action]
Perception:[roll0]
Cast Light
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maenor Thandgur Mini-Stats]Maenor Thandgur
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0
CMD: 14

Fort: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +3

Knowledge (Arcana): +7
Knowledge (History): +8
Perception: +2
Spellcraft: +7
Use Magic Device: +4

Arcane Pool: 4/4

Concentration: +6

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

Current Weapon in Hand: Wakizashi, +4, 1d6+3, 18-20 x2
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

Kepli looks about ready to object to Maenor’s bold advance but the magus is already moving forward.

”I’m not a real man,” she mutters. She follows after the warriors but keeps close to Regar answering his stream of comments with the occasional, ”Mmm-hmm,” until his last comment about a devious moving wall trap and the cleverness of goblins. ”Let’s hope they aren’t that clever.”

Kepli continues after until held back by Snorri. She stops and waits but thinks she hears something. "Wait. Someone is at the top of the stairs."

[sblock=Perception][roll0][/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats]
[size=+1]Kepli[/size]
Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.
AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort:
+1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue

Special:

Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
--Used:
Alchemist's Fire 2/2
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 6
CMB: +1 CMD: 7
Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Sezarious

Explorer
Only half aware of Kepli's presence, Regar thinks aloud at her 'real man' comment. He puffs up his cheeks and whilst staring absent minded into the pit, blurts aloud "Definitely not a man", suddenly, he becomes self aware and goes bright red, realising the awkwardness of what he just said, so he changes the topic. Speaking hurriedly and a little louder than ideal he addresses everyone with the following, "Say, speaking of goblins, did you hear the one about the goblin who got his left arm and left leg cut off?" Before he can give out the punchline, Kepli mentions the possibility of danger.

Looking over to the other side, he frowns. "Well I don't hear anything, oh and underestimating goblin intelligence is common practice; understandably, given their short attention spans, lack of education and their destructive nature, BUT, the thing is, when they put their mind to something, they tend to excel at it, much like humans really. One thing, as reflected in their nursery rhymes, is all the horrific ways they get creative in their torture, maiming and killing... I read an old book that was full of goblin nursery rhymes once... I've never looked at a spoon the same way since... If you ever SEE a goblin with a spoon in its hand, KILL IT FIRST!"

With that, Regar went silent as he noticed the rest of his companions tense up and prepare for battle. He poised himself ready to cast his acid splash cantrip in the face of a goblin.

Last edited:

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Posting from my phone. I apologize for the delay. The past couple weeks have been hellacious. Had to go to State Senate with work and still trying to wrap up personal stuff a little at a time. I tried to get online last night but hadn't slept in two days and just couldn't make it happen. I have family plans this evening. After I get my daughter to bed, I'll be catching up on all my games.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Perception 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14

Brog scoffs at the talk of clever goblins. "This is no doubt the remnants of someone far smarter than any goblin. The idiots probably couldn't figure out how to reset it properly, and the terrain is such that we're the first force to come around to put them in their place. While I will not consider their intelligence to be that of mere vermin, they are still goblins; it's best not to assume them geniuses." Brog moves to the bottom edge of the pit, and readies his shortbow to fire at the first goblin that appears at the top of the stairs. In response to Snorri, "If they know we are coming, we shall at least not be surprised. I will be ready to strike and defend while you folks decide how to strike at our "clever" foes."

OOC: Brog is taking up a position on the left side of the stairs 1 step up from the bottom most section of the pit, ready to fire at the first goblin that dares to show it's face.

[sblock=ministats]AC: 15 (Touch 11, Flatfooted 14) -1 because he doesn't have his shield out
*+4 vs Giants
HP: 14/14 Initiative: +1
Perception : +7 Sense Motive: +8
*+4 vs bull-rush, trip when on ground
Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +4
*+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like abilities
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow
Current Conditions in Place: readied shot with the shortbow[/sblock]

Last edited:

Radaceus

Adventurer
Snorri Ironaxe, Stonelord (Paladin)1

[section]
Snorri nods at Brog, glances back to the rest of the party signalling with a tilt of his head that he is heading up, moves to the right side of the pit and begins up the stairs, cautiously.
[/section]

[sblock=Perception][roll0][/sblock]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Snorri Ironaxe Stonelord (paladin) 1st level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Darkvision 60 ft.
Speed: 20'

AC: 18 (touch 11; flat-footed 17) HP: 12/ 12
Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +3

Hatred: Dwarves gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblinoid subtypes because of their special training against these hated foes
Stonecunning: Dwarves gain a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.

In Hand:Dwarven Waraxe: Attack: +3 = [BAB (+1) + Ability (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d10+2, Crit: 20/x3, Slashing
Off Hand:Heavy Wooden Shield: Attack: +3 = [BAB (+1) + Ability (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2, Bludgeoning

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Caius Aurelius, Soldier of Amenthia

Caius swings his scythe over his back, head downward, and attaches it to a curious pair of metallic rings. With a sort of snick sound, the scythe adheres and hangs in place. The dark skinned man then draws his shortbow from over his shoulder and flexes the bowstring silently. He is sure not to dry fire but does not yet pull an arrow from the quiver hanging beside his primary weapon. He watches in anticipation while the dwarf begins his ascent.

[sblock=OOC][roll0]

DT, what's your ruling on frog crotch arrows? I'll move forward assuming your silence was consent unless you let me know otherwise.[/sblock]

[sblock=Caius's Mini Stats]Caius Aurelius
HP: 11/11
AC: 16 FF: 15 T: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
Perception: +7 S. Motive: +4
Initiative: +1
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Shortbow (20/20 arrows) (5/5 frog crotches)
Daylight (Sp): 1/1 remaining
Smite: 1/1 remaining
Consumables: ---
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases