Dark Days in Sion - Act 2: Scene 5

narayan

Explorer
Billanverthorne, Burrai, Elloral, Kong

OOC: Move action: Moves around so he is directly to the left of Kong
Standard Action: Attack
(Attack: 1d20+9 = 14)(Hit location: 9 = Right hand AGAIN!)(Damage: 1d10+5 = 12)

DDS%20215%20Putyuks%20Rooms%20Round%201v4.png~original

Kong: -Shouts in Caishian- "Gōngjí!"

Immediately the thugs draw weapons to attack! Each one wears a chair-shirt with vanbraces + greaves and dual-wields a one-handed melee weapon + dagger.

Thug 1: (Dazed)

Thug 2: (Charge Attack vs. Burrai w/Shortswordi: = 17, Miss)

Thug 3: (Charge Attack vs. Elloral w/Handaxe: = 8, Miss)

Thug 4: (5 ft. Step)(Full Attack vs. Burrai)

• (Full Attack Shortsword: = 7, Miss)
  • (Full Attack Dagger: = 3, Miss)

Thug 5: (10 ft. Move)(Melee Attack vs. Burrai w/Light Mace: = 17, Miss)

<End of round 1>

<Start of Round 2>

Bleeding Damage ( * )
Fire Damage ( # )
Cold Damage ( @ )
Spell Damage ( ^ )
Spell Healing ( ^ )
Poison Damage ( ! )

The order of initiative is:

(16) Billanverthorne
(12) Elloral
(10) Kong (-9,-9)(-8,-7)(Arrow stuck in leg)(-5^)(-2)(+30^)(-12)
(08) Burrai
(01) Thugs
- Thug 1 (-10^)
- Thug 2 (-5^)
- Thug 3
- Thug 4 (-5^)
- Thug 5 (-5^)

[Billanverthorne: It is your turn, what do you do? You are 40 ft away from the nearest Thug]

Last edited:

Shun001

Explorer
Kryslogious of Anasteria

He remained quiet after his denial for a bout with Svexyn. He analyzed the responses from both of them as this was the information he was digging for. The half ork Asusk was sizing him up, but gave a logical answer. He had restraint and reason to his words, and upon looking him over he also carried his own strength about him. Svexyn on the other hand replied more violently and defensively about his abilities. Kryslogious never intended to draw blood and in fact did not intend to tip his hand about his own skills either. His motive for being defensive still eluded him, he needed more information. He nodded to Asusk and began walking the perimeter of the camp.

Admittedly he was nervous, His lord was inside with the Quresh and the only warning he would get would be a late one. He silently passed good wishes onto Pentos for a favorable outcome because he knew being with his lord was exponentially more compromising. he couldn't but help peer off in the direction of the inn from time to time. Svexyn talking to Bax and to no surprise the little goblin seemed as on edge as well. The goblin wanted to square off against the kobold, what an entertaining sight that would be to behold. Svexyn making a good call keeps his Kobold under control. After tension calmed from that altercation and Svexyn settled down Kryslogious decided to approach and take a lean against the side of his cart.

He kept his words brief "What is your story..."

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Svexyn, Mogan and Folg

After tension calmed from that altercation and Svexyn settled down Kryslogious decided to approach and take a lean against the side of his cart.

He kept his words brief "What is your story..."

Svexyn:

Turning to the armored warrior, Svexyn simply turns back his attention to the inn. There was something off about that place and the Quresh inside. Their golden eyes that history would have you believe were a curse, the apparent lack of civility for most of the inhabitants, and the closely guarded rooms and doors in this place. When Ordechai returns, Svexyn would have questions about this place and the Quresh. If he is a frequent guest here, then perhaps he would be able to provide information that the Quresh may not be so easy to part with.

"My story... is still being written. You still have failed to introduce yourself, so apologies for my rudeness, but I care not to talk to someone who fails to abide by common customs of introductions. I have given mine, and divulged my attempt to assist Asusk. If you would care for conversation, then you have my terms.."

Svexyn draws another small sip of the ale, awaiting the reply from the warrior.

Shun001

Explorer
Kryslogious of Anasteria

Kryslogious pondered about a proper response, he wanted to honerably introduce himself but things as of now were... complicated. He waved the half ork over to join in on their conversation, the cart creeking against the weight of Kryslogious' gear.

"I well let you decide if you want to know my name. My identity comes at a price that can cost you all your lives." He said solomly.

He takes a moment in silence then reaches into the swolen blood stain pouch on his hip. He then reveals a freshly cleaned skull of a Vul still damp and needing further curing in the sun. He places it on the cart.

"Do you wish to know who I am?" He asks

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Billanverthorne: Arrows Against Tyranny!

Kong: -Shouts in Caishian- "Gōngjí!"

Immediately the thugs draw weapons to attack! Each one wears a chair-shirt with vanbraces + greaves and dual-wields a one-handed melee weapon + dagger.

Thug 1: (Dazed)

Thug 2: (Charge Attack vs. Burrai w/Shortswordi: = 17, Miss)

Thug 3: (Charge Attack vs. Elloral w/Handaxe: = 8, Miss)

Thug 4: (5 ft. Step)(Full Attack vs. Burrai)

• (Full Attack Shortsword: = 7, Miss)
  • (Full Attack Dagger: = 3, Miss)

Thug 5: (10 ft. Move)(Melee Attack vs. Burrai w/Light Mace: = 17, Miss)

<End of round 1>

<Start of Round 2>

Bleeding Damage ( * )
Fire Damage ( # )
Cold Damage ( @ )
Spell Damage ( ^ )
Spell Healing ( ^ )
Poison Damage ( ! )

The order of initiative is:

(16) Billanverthorne
(12) Elloral
(10) Kong (-9,-9)(-8,-7)(Arrow stuck in leg)(-5^)(-2)(+30^)(-12)
(08) Burrai
(01) Thugs
- Thug 1 (-10^)
- Thug 2 (-5^)
- Thug 3
- Thug 4 (-5^)
- Thug 5 (-5^)

[Billanverthorne: It is your turn, what do you do? You are 40 ft away from the nearest Thug]

Bill moves directly to his right, three squares (15 ft) and fires twice [Rapid Shot]:
~If we can take out the leader, it might break the morale of the thugs and scatter them. Come here, big boy. Uncle Bill would like to have a few words with YOU.~

Bill Move 01.jpg

(Both shots are at Kong, not letting him get away!) (First shot hits AC 19, Hit Location: Right Arm, Damage: 7 points.) (Second shot hits AC 20, Hit Location: Skull [Fort save or stunned], Damage: 8 points.)

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Svexyn, Mogan and Folg

"I well let you decide if you want to know my name. My identity comes at a price that can cost you all your lives." He said solomly.

He takes a moment in silence then reaches into the swolen blood stain pouch on his hip. He then reveals a freshly cleaned skull of a Vul still damp and needing further curing in the sun. He places it on the cart.

Svexyn:

Glancing at the head, then back at the warrior, then back at the head before glancing to Asusk, Svexyn chuckles slightly. "You know, if you had brought the rest of the body, the grave wouldn't have gone to waste. Even so, if you want a place to bury that, just say the word..."

Looking to Asusk, Svexyn shrugs. "Your name won't cost me my life. It's actions and the absence of actions that will though. Zu has brought me here to this place and for this exact time. Of that, I am sure. So, if you are here, then there is a reason for that. I do not scare easily, but I am not naive enough, contrary to some other's beliefs, to ignore warnings. Being in the company of Asusk is enough to get me killed right here and now. The choice is yours now. Your name?"

narayan

Explorer
Asusk, Bax, Folg, Kryslogious, Mogan, Svexyn

Kryslogious pondered about a proper response, he wanted to honerably introduce himself but things as of now were... complicated. He waved the half ork over to join in on their conversation, the cart creeking against the weight of Kryslogious' gear.

Asusk: Stares at the Vul skull with visible shock and dismay. -Whispers under his breath in horror- "...What the?!..."

Svexyn:

Glancing at the head, then back at the warrior, then back at the head before glancing to Asusk, Svexyn chuckles slightly. "You know, if you had brought the rest of the body, the grave wouldn't have gone to waste. Even so, if you want a place to bury that, just say the word..."

Looking to Asusk, Svexyn shrugs. "Your name won't cost me my life. It's actions and the absence of actions that will though. Zu has brought me here to this place and for this exact time. Of that, I am sure. So, if you are here, then there is a reason for that. I do not scare easily, but I am not naive enough, contrary to some other's beliefs, to ignore warnings. Being in the company of Asusk is enough to get me killed right here and now. The choice is yours now. Your name?"

Asusk: Looks between Kryslogious and Svexyn with concerned bewilderment. -Speaks as if he's speaking a thought out loud to himself- "I don't know what's worse... a person who carries around a Vul Skull or another person that dismissively disregards it..." Pauses to take a breath and looks at Kryslogious more carefully, peering through the eye slits of his helm. "Whoever you are stranger, you bring great risk to yourself and others carrying such a thing." Huffs "As you stand before us my blood runs cold wondering what to make of you and that macabre trophy. However, I know better than to ask and I appreciate now why you withhold your name. Please put that thing away!"

The half orc than turns to Svexyn and asks. "Can I speak with you a moment?"

Once you step away from the mysterious armored warrior he ask the Caishian in a lower voice."I can't believe you wouldn't scare easily from someone carrying a Vul skull around unless you simply don't understand how dangerous they are?! This is bad, we shouldn't let that fighter camp anywhere near us..." He says speaking rapidy from stress, pausing to take another breath. "...On the other hand... anyone capable of killing Vul should easily handle the likes of Drasus or the Quresh..."
He postulates.

[Kryslogious: What do you do? Make a Knowledge Check, DC 15 to know the significance of the name 'Zu'. Svexyn: What do you do?]

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Svexyn, Mogan and Folg

Svexyn:

Noting his concern, Svexyn listens to Asusk and his view on the subject. "You are right, I am not from these lands and apparently the impact of these Vul and their nature is not first hand knowledge I have. But, I can tell that your concern is genuine. This means I should not dismiss such an act from the warrior as easily. As for his abilities... you are right. If he is able to dispatch of such a beast, and carry it's head around, then perhaps he would like to add a dire jackal skull to his collection?" The last statement is made with a glean in his eye, as he winks to Asusk.

"Let's decide what to do once Ordechai returns. He likely knows about this warriors actions, as that skull seemed freshly prepared. After we sit and talk this night, then we can decide to camp elsewhere should you continue to be wary of staying close to these new people. As you are the expert in these lands, at least compared to me, I defer to your judgement."

Svexyn hopes that Asusk will agree, as he awaits the half-orcs answer...

narayan

Explorer
Alic, Ordechai, Wrenwil

Wrenwil smiled as the gold was handed over, briefly glimpsing at Tyria's behind as she wandered off on her duties.He then leaned forwards to speak with Ordechai quietly.

"You know Ordechai, usually I would wish to pay for my friends meals on days such as this, but it seems our friend the Barossan funded this one."

The irony was hilarious to Wrenwil, how Garrisan had paid no less than ten gold for Ordechai's services, only to end up paying for everyone's meal.

"Usually you are required to buy dinner before screwing someone, but the Barossan had it arse-about."

Ordechai: Nods with amusement. "The fool had many things arse-about, loyalties most of all!"

Alic: Protests "It doesn't feel right to boast of spending his coin. We should not forget who gave it to him or how they acquired it."

Ordechai: Takes another gold coin out of his purse and holds it up before Alic, pinched delicately between his fingers. "Odd to hear a dwarf complain about gold coins..."

Alic: "I'm only complaining about how we spend them."

Ordechai: Smirks "Are you not hungry? Thirsty?"

Alic: Hmphs. "That's not what I meant."

Ordechai: "I get what you're saying. You want to remind us not to revel in gold used in dark plans the same way they do. A noble notion... as expected from a proud Stonebones clansman."

Alic: Narrows his eyes. "Are you mocking me?!"

Ordechai: Shakes his head "Certainly not. In fact I admire such principles, but I also know something proud dwarves like yourself don't. I know what it means to be desperate and starving. A single coin like this would have fed me for weeks on the streets of Casalan."

Alic: "The impoverished always claim rights to wealth. I care little for the woes of rogues and street rats."

Ordechai: "Oh but you should. The enemy certainly does. How else do they recruit rogues, spies and thugs so easily?"

Alic: "The loyalty of honorless men comes cheap. Is that supposed to be a revelation?"

Ordechai: "Garrisan fooled you didn't he?"

Alic Clenches his fist but Ordechai raises a hand holding him to pause.

Ordechai: "I'm not trying to patronize you Alic. I'm reminding you to be realistic. Honor can't buy food and drink as easily as golden coins. Rogues and street rats work for whomever pays them the most."

Alic: Snorts "You can't honestly expect my father to convince the clan to open its treasury for the likes of them?"

Wrenwil said:
"Thanks be to Pentos, for new friends and sustenance. May Malic travel safe in his honorable path."

He commenced while chewing on his first ever taste of Rock Pigeon.

Ordechai: "They won't have too. All we need the enemy already has. We just need to take more of it!" He says with a smile flicking the coin into Alics flagon of ale. "Drink up!"

Wrenwil said:
"Tell you what, the music here is terrible, but I don't mind the dancing one bit, and the wine is quite reasonable given the location."

Wrenwil's face firmed up a bit, "Ordechai, we will let you do the talking, but tread carefully, people's allegiances may be blurring on the edges, in difficult times trust is often the first casualty. Whatever transpires here tonight, Alic and I stand ready to do our duty, quietly. There is also the note that I had planned to send with your help, yet at this point I am inclined to wait, worry about it another day, I will think on it. Interesting mix of customers don't you think?"

Ordechai: "I think you need to try this aqua-vitae..." Ordechai says pouring you a shot. "Don't be a sour-drinker like Alic here."

[Wrenwil: What do you do?]

Last edited:

narayan

Explorer
Aust Thale

Aust: (Search Check; Taking-10: = 18)(Use Rope Check; Taking-20:= 23)

Aust wastes no time doing exactly as Jabbar has instructed. Focused on the job, he binds her hands behind her and feet together, and then ties her shoulder to immobilise her. He carefully gags her so as to prevent speech but not suffocate her.

Then he proceeds to carefully search her person and clothing for anything that might be hidden or markings or unusual characteristics. Something has to be here that will tell me who she is and perhaps why Jabbar is so interested in her.

Once she is secure and searched, he leaves her on her side, hog-tied and in fetal position, quickly retrieving his armor and bow to go with his cloak, rapier, and dagger. Quickly donning his gear, he checks her again, and exits into the doorway of the shop, looking for signs of Jabbar and Avar.

He hesitates leaving. He was careful with the ropes and the search. Still. She's his charge, and as much as he wants to leave the shop, he needs to make sure she stays put. Thinking better if it, he returns to the prisoner.

Searching the unconscious prisoner you find a coin purse (contains 12 gp and 16 cp), a dagger, hidden gemstones in her boots (2x rubies), a vial of mysterious fluid (possibly poison) and a bronze key in her pocket. Around her neck, hidden beneath her blouse, is a finely shaped talisman on an iron chain in the form of a black rat with two tiny red ruby gemstones for eyes.

[Sblock=Items]
  • Dagger
  • Coin Purse (12gp and 16cp)
  • Hidden gemstones in her boots (2x rubies)
  • vial of mysterious fluid (possibly poison)
  • Talisman of a rat on iron chain
  • Bronze Key
[/SBLOCK]

[Aust: What do you do? Make an Appraise Check; DC 14, to gauge the value of the gems and a Knowledge Local (or Religion) check; DC 18, to recognize the talisman.]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases