[LPF] Pirate Treasure

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dunkel asks, "And let's say we were to find something valuable there, sir? What kind of reward are we looking at, and what do you hope to gain by this?"

sunshadow21

Explorer
"The treasure, which I know is there but not how much, is your's to keep. All I ask is a report back on the size of the hoard and what you experienced in securing it. With that report, I can start to verify the accuracy, or not, of the rest of the papers in my possession, which are potentially worth far more than any stash of mere gold if they are taken at face value or worth less than the ink required to create them if they are false."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

Qalabash listens as the others introduce themselves. Tamarie he knows already, but he nods to Dunkel Metzgerai and the gnome, whose name has slipped past him somehow. "Pleased to meet you, gentlebeings. I hope we shall have a prosperous employment together. Presuming Master Sam, who art Slick, chooses to employ those of us gathered."

Qalabash eyes the spread of food with great interest. Grog's best (or worst, as the case may be) has worn off and left the old man with a prodigious appetite. He slips into a chair and spears a slice of ham with his belt knife and takes bites of it until he can stuff the remainder into his mouth. He waves at the others with his knife to join him at the table.

"Until others show up. It is provided; it would be rude, not to mention wasteful, if we did not partake. So Master Gnome, please refresh my memory of your name."

The cat at the old man's feet makes a strangled meow sound and Qalabash reaches over and cuts a few bits of rare beef and tosses them down to the creature.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 4
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current: 15
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +6; +8 Trip CMD: 17; 19 vs. Trip Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +3

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: none
Spells Prepared:
  • 2nd level (DC 15): Frigid Touch, Mirror Image
  • 1st level (DC 14): Blade Lash, Grease, Long Arm, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +7
Arcane Pool: 5/5 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)

[size=+1]The Spotted Beast[/size], cat familiar
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 16 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current: 16
HP: 19 Current: 19
CMB: +? CMD: ? Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Hand: n/a
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Looking at the spread of food, Tamarie muses, "Never refuse hospitality, although I had a bit of dinner before." With that, the young woman sits, and sets a bottle of wine in the center of the table along with the food. "Here, someone gave this to me, and it's more than I should have." With that, she helps herself to a notably small portion of the spread and proceeds to pass the time enjoying a little after-dinner snack, sniffing each different item before taking an experimental bite. Some things she seems to appreciate more than others, although she seems intent on giving it all a reasonable try.

After a while, the elf-blooded woman raises her voice again, directing a question at the host. "All I know of Old Greybeard is he was a pirate. Is there more to be known?"

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Crue looks about the room as if just noticing everyone gathered. "Please excuse my manners. I am Cruendithas Beestinger. You may call me Crue. This would be most interesting and valuable if we can prove the validity of the hidden treasure. I can imagine the dangers we may face in finding the treasure that which is hidden to exactly stop folks like us from finding."
Considering the others warning of manners he selects a portion of food and some wine and settles down to partake. Obviously excited with the job proposed he is like a child set in front of deserts and told to wait. Although he does his best he cannot hide his enthusiasm for the job.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

Qalabash stabs a pickled beet with his knife and salutes Cruendithas. [color=#66f99]"Well met, Master Beestinger."[/color] He turns his attention to include Tamarie and Dunkel as well and continues speaking. "Now, all the tales of pirate treasure that I have heard include a ghastly array of devious traps to prevent those not in the know from plundering all that pirate gold. It would be a great boon if one of you had skills in the detecting and circumventing such traps. Alas, my talents lie in other directions."

Spells Prepared:
Special:
Concentration +7

[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
A hooded figure poked his nose through the doorway, "Ah, yes, there you are. Good, good."

He looked to Sam, as he strode through the doorway, "Greetings, are you in charge of this venture? I would like to offer my services, if it is not too much of an imposition."
[sblock= Wahyu's Mini Stats]Wahyu
AC: 18* (16* flat-footed, 15* touch)
HP: 44/44
CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7
Perception: +8, Darkvision 60 ft
Initiative: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger (+5, 1d3+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: -
Spells Remaining (1st): 8/8
Spells Remaining (2nd): 6/6
Spells Remaining (3rd): 4/4

Used Items:
-
Abilities Used:
-[/sblock]​

sunshadow21

Explorer
"As long as you are capable of handling yourself, I have no objection. I just find sending people on virtually guaranteed suicide missions distasteful both personally and professionally. As for Greybeard, little is known about the man at this point; even in the tales of his piracy it is hard to tell fact and fiction apart. All that can be said for certain is that he was a cruel man that amassed, and either lost or hid, several fortunes before finally pushing his men too far. The papers in my possession claim to be remnants of journals of some of his officers who were close to him and stuck with him to the end. If they are accurate, they hold some intriguing details about the man, his motivations, his goals, and the fate of those many fortunes. But for now, that is still a big if. I don't know what precise dangers await you as this particular stash seems to have relied on secrecy as much as traps or guardian monsters, but I would suspect that any stash of this nature almost certainly has by now drawn the attention of some creature or other."

OOC: I will give Leira (@Anastrace) until Tuesday to show up before I get this thing moving. Until then, feel free to ask questions or discuss tactics amongst yourself.

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Crue gives a slight bow in reply to Qalabash's greeting. "Honored to be in the company of suchfine company." As Wahyu enters he smiles and greets his companion. "Welcome my friend. Once again we explore hidden treasure believed to be secured by all sorts of evil traps. Are you foe another adventure? How wonderful." He listens to Slick Sam as he gives the group a little more information about the treasure hunt. As Slick Sam admits the information may be fiction or truth Crue recalls some discussions between his mother and father. "Yes of course there is always risk that the tales of treasure are overly inflated while the tales of danger are not taken seriously enough. However it is most probably some truth to both and were it not for danger we would not be needed and there would be not treasure left to find. So fear not, we go knowing the danger and yet relishing in the search and the adventure."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

Qalabash watched the entrance of the strange, hooded figure with interest. He wasn't quite certain what any of his new companions did for a certainty but he would find out soon. Or sooner if he engaged them in conversations. He nodded at Cruendithas' response and listened raptly as the two discussed their prior experience together.

"You two appear to have had some experience with this sort of treasure hunting. That is good. My skills may not be so much in the hunting but in the beating back any foul beast that should attempt to foil our search or stand between us and our goal." He thumps his staff on the floor in slight emphasis. The action startles the cat that followed him into the room and it darts across to hide behind Dunkel. "Ah, apologies, Spotted Beast, I did not mean you." The old man cuts off another sliver of beef and lures the cat back to feed from his fingers.

Spells Prepared:
Special:
Concentration +7

[/sblock]

Remove ads