Exclusive Adventures for DnDAL

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
While Id like spoilers I understand that it is far too hard and complex to keep them out of the hands of people who shouldnt be reading them.

I would like more 'gristle' however. If people could record if the scenario went to time, if they had to cut things out, what difficulty/player number they had. All of this is very useful for Id imagine other conventions running these as well as dms down the line when these Admin scenarios possible become available to determine the time and resources required to run them.

If something dosnt work well within the scenario, this should hopefully be pointed out too.

Its just a shame we dont have a DM only area where issues with scenarios can be debated and sorted out.

CahPahkah

First Post
Is there any insight into how today's announcement impacts Epics (which are not currently available through the Dungeon Masters Guild portal) and Admin Only adventures?

"In the past, organized play through the D&D Adventurers League, as well as access to the adventures produced for the program, has been confined to gaming stores and conventions. But now everyone can participate in the fun!

Starting with the next season, anyone can download a free D&D Adventurers League kit from the new Dungeon Masters Guild marketplace and organize an event. Any location will do, and we’d love to see organizers set up games in interesting settings."

Curious because the announcement specifically calls out "we are no longer using the terms “Expeditions” or “Encounters” in organized D&D play – it’s all just called the D&D Adventurers League", but doesn't mention Epics. It also seems like Admin Only adventures are contrary to the spirit of this change, but not specifically addressed by it.

Have any decisions or announcements been made there?

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
Is there any insight into how today's announcement impacts Epics (which are not currently available through the Dungeon Masters Guild portal) and Admin Only adventures?

Curious because the announcement specifically calls out "we are no longer using the terms “Expeditions” or “Encounters” in organized D&D play – it’s all just called the D&D Adventurers League", but doesn't mention Epics. It also seems like Admin Only adventures are contrary to the spirit of this change, but not specifically addressed by it.

Have any decisions or announcements been made there?

The answer about EPICs was given already: "The Epics are still convention specials and will NOT be available on the DMsGuild."

http://dndadventurersleague.org/changes-to-the-dd-adventurers-league/

warfteiner

First Post
Quick update -- in addition to a plethora of play options for the AO series (Author Only; formerly known as Admin Only) at Winter Fantasy... I'll be at TotalCon in February running DDAO-01: Window to the Past!

Come on out and join us. Lots of great games across a number of systems being run over that weekend :)

http://www.totalcon.com/

February 18 - 21

Last edited:

Ainulindalion

First Post
West Virginia (flying into DC). Robert was gonna ask you guys about that weekend, since I sent in a request via the Contact form, but I don't know if he's had a chance yet.

Got to see if anyone's available (and who, from where) before I can try to work out a budget for the Con to actually afford it. Planes and hotels aren't cheap, and its not a super big con.

warfteiner

First Post
Agreed - travel can be prohibitive, for sure. Send me or Skerritt a PM with details once you hash out your budget? I have a feeling that we may be your easier targets on this.

Ainulindalion

First Post
Alright. Though I can't even pretend to hash out a budget until I know what season 4 stuff is going to be available, as that might effect my total budget. And the overall Con organizers aren't super keen on charging for slots anyway.

We'll see what happens.

Of course, having a commitment to a Fai chen makes it easier to get people, which in turn makes it easier to get fai chen, and... yeah, feedback loop.

And I thought organizing monthly game days for 5 stores was difficult.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases