Ranking the superhero shows

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I did this a out a year ago, I think. A few new ones have appeared since, so I thought it might be fun to do again. Here's my ranking. I've included shows in the last couple of years, including those which have ended.

1. Jessica Jones
  2. Daredevil
  3. Gotham
  4. Supergirl
  5. Flash
  6. Arrow
  7. Agent Carter
  8. Agents of SHIELD
  9. Constantine
  10. Heroes Reborn

That said, the first 6 are close. I like them all a lot.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I did this a out a year ago, I think. A few new ones have appeared since, so I thought it might be fun to do again. Here's my ranking. I've included shows in the last couple of years, including those which have ended.

That said, the first 6 are close. I like them all a lot.

wow you really rank Gotham that high? to each his own I guess although I am a little sad to see Agent Carter at 7

Here's my list
  1. Jessica Jones
  2. Flash
  3. Daredevil
  4. Agent Carter
  5. Supergirl
  6. Arrow
  7. Agents of SHIELD
  8. Gotham
  9. Heroes Reborn
  10. Constantine

I know Daredevil had better writing and that The Flash is a bit iffy at times, but I just really like characters in the Flash. The toss up between Arrow, Agent Carter and Supergirl was also really hard. I initially had Arrow above the other two but its borerline now, the current season has suffered from being Legends of Tomorrow set up, plus I still think that plundering Batman and doing the 'Heir to the Demon' plot arc was a mistake.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
wow you really rank Gotham that high? to each his own I guess although I am a little sad to see Agent Carter at 7

I *loved* the performances and period clothing/sets of Agent Carter. Season 1 didn't have a strong plot, though.

As for Gotham - Penguin is sublime. One of the strongest character performances in all of those shows. I think of it as the Penguin Mob Show.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
I *loved* the performances and period clothing/sets of Agent Carter. Season 1 didn't have a strong plot, though.

As for Gotham - Penguin is sublime. One of the strongest character performances in all of those shows. I think of it as the Penguin Mob Show.

If that's what it really was, I might still be watching it.

Jessica Jones
Daredevil
Agent Carter
Agents of SHIELD
Constantine
Flash
Arrow
Supergirl
Gotham
Heroes Reborn

Last edited:

1. Jessica Jones
2. Flash
3. Daredevil (except the last half of the last episode)
4. Agents of SHIELD
5. Agent Carter
... big gap
?. Gotham

I didn't watch Arrow, Supergirl, Constantine, or Heroes Reborn. But despite goldomark's phrasing, I also am not a fan of Gotham. Penguin was great. Young Master Bruce is surprisingly decent as a genius with a strong moral core, but not tough enough to become Batman. Alfred is great considering the tripe the writers give him. And the overall scripts and plots are ludicrous.

Elodan

Adventurer
Flash
Supergirl
Agents of SHIELD
Agent Carter
Arrow
Daredevil

Haven't watched yet:
- Jessica Jones

No interest
- Constantine
- Heroes Reborn

I gave up on Gotham a couple of episodes ago. I couldn't take the Jim Gordon stupidity any more.

Ryujin

Legend
1. Jessica Jones
2. Flash
3. Daredevil (except the last half of the last episode)
4. Agents of SHIELD
5. Agent Carter
... big gap
?. Gotham

I didn't watch Arrow, Supergirl, Constantine, or Heroes Reborn. But despite goldomark's phrasing, I also am not a fan of Gotham. Penguin was great. Young Master Bruce is surprisingly decent as a genius with a strong moral core, but not tough enough to become Batman. Alfred is great considering the tripe the writers give him. And the overall scripts and plots are ludicrous.

I just got tired of waiting for the various characters to be more than *almost* who they become. It became infuriating to me.

Remove ads