D&D 4E 4E WotC Tools dead?

darkbard

Legend
I've just spent the past 10 minutes trying to find the 4E tools to which I subscribe, via bookmark, via navigation from the WotC website homepage, etc., all to no avail. Have they killed the tools, without notice, while people are still subscribed and paying for content? Or am I overreacting?

diego

First Post
I know it was working about 3 hours ago or so, since I was working on a character and just wanted to print it out now and I couldn't get on. Hopefully it comes back soon.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
So the tools have moved again. I use www.dndinsider.com, by the way, which correctly refers to the current address.

The note on the login page is interesting, though:

"The D&D Insider digital tools are now located here for current subscribers. The tools are not available to new subscribers at this time, but existing subscribers can continue to renew the service."

Nagol

Unimportant
So the tools have moved again. I use www.dndinsider.com, by the way, which correctly refers to the current address.

The note on the login page is interesting, though:

"The D&D Insider digital tools are now located here for current subscribers. The tools are not available to new subscribers at this time, but existing subscribers can continue to renew the service."

How... odd.

I can see turning off new subscriptions and renewals if you are contemplating turning off the service in a year or so. I don't see a situation where allowing renewals, but not allowing new subscriptions offers value to the company. Deliberately not accepting new money for an in-place fully-realised service presumably you expect to last at least another year seems weird.

Remove ads