[UK] Xmas Specials

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What do you plan to watch this year? My list is:

Doctor Who
Sherlock
Luther (technically a 2-parter starting this week, so maybe it doesn't count)
Downtown Abbey (not the biggest fan, but it's the last ever, so why not?)

What I absolutely will not be watching:

Eastenders
Coronation Street

Janx

Hero
there's new Luther and Sherlock coming out?

Is the Sherlock the old-timey setting with Cumberbatch and Bilbo? I saw a commercial for it as one of those Fathom events where they play something in a theatre (saw the Day of the Doctor that way on the big screen).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
there's new Luther and Sherlock coming out?

Is the Sherlock the old-timey setting with Cumberbatch and Bilbo? I saw a commercial for it as one of those Fathom events where they play something in a theatre (saw the Day of the Doctor that way on the big screen).

It's the one-off Victorian episode, yes. The Abominable Bride. It airs on New Year's Day, so I guess it's not technically a Christmas Special. And Luther is this coming Tuesday, so I suppose it isn't quite, either. Depends how generous you are about the period!

Janx

Hero
It's the one-off Victorian episode, yes. The Abominable Bride. It airs on New Year's Day, so I guess it's not technically a Christmas Special. And Luther is this coming Tuesday, so I suppose it isn't quite, either. Depends how generous you are about the period!

Good to know! We like your BBC shows, but since I don't get cable anymore, it's a little tricky learning what/when/where I can get the good stuff.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Good to know! We like your BBC shows, but since I don't get cable anymore, it's a little tricky learning what/when/where I can get the good stuff.

I can't help you, I'm afraid. I only know when it shows here. You'll have to check your local TV providers for their schedules.

Janx

Hero
I can't help you, I'm afraid. I only know when it shows here. You'll have to check your local TV providers for their schedules.

I know, but you do help with supplying the "what".

Now that I know there's a new Luther, I can try to track it down. Otherwise, I thought it was done. :)

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
What do you plan to watch this year? My list is:

Doctor Who
Sherlock
Luther (technically a 2-parter starting this week, so maybe it doesn't count)
Downtown Abbey (not the biggest fan, but it's the last ever, so why not?)

What I absolutely will not be watching:

Eastenders
Coronation Street

So is there an equivalent UK Xmas show that plays every year for a good part of the day, like Christmas Story plays over here in the US of A?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So is there an equivalent UK Xmas show that plays every year for a good part of the day, like Christmas Story plays over here in the US of A?

I don't know what that is. A single show that gets repeated over and over? No, not that I can think of. Or do you mean a really long show?

Remove ads