D&D 5E [GUIDE] My Word Is My Sword: The Paladin Guide

If you want to keep the evil Aasimar part, that pretty much is optimized. You *could* make it STR-based, to take advantage of the Fallen Aasimar's STR bonus, but you wouldn't gain much out of doing so. One of the advantages of going DEX is that you can drop STR down to 8 in point buy, whereas if you go STR you still don't want to completely tank DEX. So they kind of cancel out there.

Kevin Duffy

First Post
If you want to keep the evil Aasimar part, that pretty much is optimized. You *could* make it STR-based, to take advantage of the Fallen Aasimar's STR bonus, but you wouldn't gain much out of doing so. One of the advantages of going DEX is that you can drop STR down to 8 in point buy, whereas if you go STR you still don't want to completely tank DEX. So they kind of cancel out there.

So the evil Aasimar part is the limiting factor in optimizing it? So dropping that entirely, What changes would you make?

Variant Human, of course. Probably with Resilient (CON) as the extra feat so I can keep up Bless, Divine Favor, Crusader's Mantle, etc. up more easily.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Credit to [MENTION=6795602]FrogReaver[/MENTION], Shield Master's shove to prone for advantage could be nice when crit-fishing in order to maximize Divine Smite damage.

My own thoughts is that half-elf is a great Paladin fit already, and if you use UA the Elven Accuracy feat can take that up to the next level as well. But that's two feats, so that's a serious investment. Plus crit-fishers really need 3 levels of fighter (Champion). So if used that's a late-game addendum.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases