D&D 5E [GUIDE] My Word Is My Sword: The Paladin Guide

Yunru

Banned
Banned
+2 Con is better. You lose out on (at maximum) 10HP but gain all the other benefits of a higher Con score too.

Of course if you already maxed Con... *shrugs*

And unless you rolled 3 18s, you're not maxing CON as a Paladin. STR/DEX and CHA are more important.

Plus Resilient (CON) is a higher priority, anyway. Especially if it gets you to the next modifier, but even if it doesn't, I'd still take the saves proficiency over a few extra HPs.

Dasem

First Post
Ok, I have a slightly unique scenario.

My group is rebooting a campaign. We all start at level 8. 20, 18, 16, 12, 10, 8 is the stats we all get, finalized, regardless of race. We also get a single Feat, or two if you start as a Human.

I'm going Vengeance.

Now, with that in mind, what'd be the best race? I was thinking a Half-Drow, getting use of Faerie Fire as another source of Advantage. But going Human and getting GWM plus Resilient: Con is very tempting, since I'd get Haste at level 9 and have an 11 for Concentration (4 prof at lv9, 4 from Charisma, 3 from Con).

So, which route should I go?

Dasem

First Post
Yeah, you get Drow Magic instead of the bonus of two skill proficiencies. No sunlight sensitivity, either. It's not a lie when Gladius said it essentially renders Drow obsolete, as far as Paladins go.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Or you go Half-High Elf, and get Booming Blade.
I don't like Greenfire Blade, the extra damage is non-optional which means you can't use it against an isolated enemy without having to damage yourself.

Dasem

First Post
Not a fan of Booming. Love it on a Tempest Cleric for the auto-push at level... 9, I think? I can only use one swing of the sword with Booming, and I'd prefer GWM swings. There's a Monk in the party who plans on Stunning a lot to grant me Advantage.

RulesJD

First Post
Not a fan of Booming. Love it on a Tempest Cleric for the auto-push at level... 9, I think? I can only use one swing of the sword with Booming, and I'd prefer GWM swings. There's a Monk in the party who plans on Stunning a lot to grant me Advantage.

Only push on Lightning Damage (level 6), not Thunder. So that doesn't work.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases