Independence Day: Resurgence

The bad ones, sure. If you want to start threads only for people who like the thing you're posting about, I have more problem with supporting [fan only] threads. Might be a hard sell before movies come out, but I know that threadcrapping can also be annoying. If you want, feel fee to add a [fan only] note to threads you only want communal celebration from - that's totally fine. People who hate the thing can start their own threads if they need to.:)

lol, I haven't seen one vote of confidence in any trailer that has been recently posted, that's what I'm referring to. I know some of the hate is automatic ( Micheal Bay) but have we just given up on the idea that Hollywood can make a good movie?

Ryujin

Legend
lol, I haven't seen one vote of confidence in any trailer that has been recently posted, that's what I'm referring to. I know some of the hate is automatic ( Micheal Bay) but have we just given up on the idea that Hollywood can make a good movie?

The problem may well be in that Hollywood keeps going back to the well long after said well is dry, these days. I like the odd "turn off yer brain; 'splosions to come" movie, but many seem to require not just suspension of disbelief, but actively fighting to disbelieve.

Despite the many really stupid plot holes and "Rah! Rah! America!" moments in the original movie, I quite enjoyed it. I'll likely enjoy this one too, despite myself. It's not going to be a masterpiece, but it'll be a halfway decent bubblegum film. I's still prefer if they made "Footfall" by Niven and Pournelle though ;)

The problem may well be in that Hollywood keeps going back to the well long after said well is dry, these days. I like the odd "turn off yer brain; 'splosions to come" movie, but many seem to require not just suspension of disbelief, but actively fighting to disbelieve.

Despite the many really stupid plot holes and "Rah! Rah! America!" moments in the original movie, I quite enjoyed it. I'll likely enjoy this one too, despite myself. It's not going to be a masterpiece, but it'll be a halfway decent bubblegum film.

Yeah, i know what you mean and like i said it's going to be a popcorn movie that will appeal to the lowest common denominator, which sadly likes such movies and directors.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Maybe that's a response to what Hollywood is doing these days? The stuff that gets reposted is the stuff with the marketing budget. The internet doesn't seem to have fulfilled that promise of promoting the underdog, or even of quality. Just of money.

Ryujin

Legend
Maybe that's a response to what Hollywood is doing these days? The stuff that gets reposted is the stuff with the marketing budget. The internet doesn't seem to have fulfilled that promise of promoting the underdog, or even of quality. Just of money.

It's the difference between actively searching for content that fits your desires, or passively waiting for some marketing firm to tell you about it. Guess which one most people do ;)

delericho

Legend

It's a defence mechanism. These days I try really hard to assume everything will be crap. That way, any surprise will only be a pleasant one. I got burned on "The Phantom Menace" and again on "SPECTRE", and I'd rather not have it happen again.

Could be interesting. I was happy to see Goldblum again, for example. We'll see.

I would have made a completely different movie after the original one, of course, but that's me. These aliens are gone, but we have their tech. Now it's our turn to invade other worlds!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases