Deciding on a character for AL.

Jessica

First Post
I'm going with Lore Bard for now. I went Human and picked up Magic Initiate for two of the SCAG cantrips(GFB and BB) and Shield so I can actually do some decent damage while also having great utility. If it ends up not being as fun or as good as I hope then I'll switch up to ranged cantrips or maybe try a different class.

Kithas

First Post
I'm going with Lore Bard for now. I went Human and picked up Magic Initiate for two of the SCAG cantrips(GFB and BB) and Shield so I can actually do some decent damage while also having great utility. If it ends up not being as fun or as good as I hope then I'll switch up to ranged cantrips or maybe try a different class.
Sounds good! Remember that for those to be effective you'll need to get close, so a good con score and decent ac will be your friends. Have fun!

Jessica

First Post
God darn it! I was like 45 minutes late because of how long my commute was(I missed school to get internet turned on today in our new apartment) and me and my roommate got there too late to get a spot. My roommate can't stand the over an hour long one-way commute and my class schedule has me near by that store on most days. I have a feeling that AL is not going to happen for both of us since I can't go to a store closer to my apartment(since it takes me like an hour and a half to get back home by bus after getting off of class at 6pm) and my roommate understandably doesn't want to spend over an hour on buses(2 1/2 hours or so if you include going both ways) to play D&D. FML. :/

Kithas

First Post
God darn it! I was like 45 minutes late because of how long my commute was(I missed school to get internet turned on today in our new apartment) and me and my roommate got there too late to get a spot. My roommate can't stand the over an hour long one-way commute and my class schedule has me near by that store on most days. I have a feeling that AL is not going to happen for both of us since I can't go to a store closer to my apartment(since it takes me like an hour and a half to get back home by bus after getting off of class at 6pm) and my roommate understandably doesn't want to spend over an hour on buses(2 1/2 hours or so if you include going both ways) to play D&D. FML. :/

That does suck, you could look into doing a campaign on roll20 or one of the other online table-tops.

Jessica

First Post
That does suck, you could look into doing a campaign on roll20 or one of the other online table-tops.

I might, but I was considering seeing if I could find some people in the Lansing area who like 4e and maybe running a game if I did much of anything(I have a ton of materials from back in the day when I had more of a disposable income). My friend has been heavily let down by 5e as her first real D&D experience and I don't think this helped things. Her first character was a Tiefling Beastmaster Ranger and she was frustrated by the beast rules, the fact that as a Tiefling Ranger(pre-SCAG) that she was pretty crappy compared to her team mates, one of our DMs was really boring, and most of the time she would basically just spam attacks and occasionally get to cast a spell. We moved back home and she played a Gnome Evoker under an incredibly mediocre DM and didn't like how Wizards did crappy damage and I don't think she was a fan of how spells worked for Wizards. She rerolled to an Elf Hunter Ranger and she seems okay with it(but she is still not a fan of the whole "I attack, I attack, I attack" part of the class), but getting her to go to D&D has been pretty difficult at times even before finding out our commute there would be over an hour.

Remove ads