Pathfinder 1E [LPF] The Haven

Aura

Explorer
Darvin Hurella 200.jpg
. . . Darvin Hurella . . .

"Oh," the swordsman and gentleman begins, "let me clarify. It is not the cave, in of itself, that is of interest. It is the significant underground complex which connects to the cave which is of interest. If my research is correct, it was constructed in the latter years of the Golden Age, well over a thousand years ago... probably as some sort of refuge against the coming tribulation. I suspect that this wasn't the only such attempt to escape the disasters of that time, but cannot find enough information to support that suspicion fully."

Taking a moment to drink down about a third of the next tankard of beer, Darvin continues. "Without getting into the long and boring details, my field of study is end of the Golden Age. I feel whatever happened at that time needs to be known, lest we make the same mistakes all over again. Through detailed analysis of any information I could locate, and a bit of field work, I was finally able to find this place. It is my hopes that it proves to be a veritable treasure trove of further information about the period.

"As for what evil I suspect is down there, let us just say I suspect investigating any true remnant of the Golden Age to be both dangerous and rewarding. I'm just a scholar with a penchant for swordplay, when it comes right down to it." Taking a break and another big swig of beer, he asks, "Anything else?"

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad scratched his head, "Aye, please forgive my ignorance, for I am not all too well versed in Landel history, but, what was the Golden Age that you speak of?"

Aura

Explorer
Darvin Hurella 200.jpg

Samad's question seems to perk the scholar side of Darvin. He draws himself up from the generally slouching posture he's relaxed into since settling down in the meeting room and enters into a description. "The Golden Age. Right, well besides being my primary area of study, the Golden Age is one of the great historical mysteries of our time. It is generally thought to be between 2000 and 1000 years before the Year of the Pact, which is generally held to be year 0 on most modern calendars. In that time, civilization had reached a high point with massive empires spanning huge areas and a general use of magic that would make even the most talented wizard blush by comparison. Some schools of thought hold the well-to-do used magical devices for a variety of creature comforts, and this was not uncommon for the middle class, either."

The look on the academic's face then becomes more serious. "Sadly, it all came to an end in a time of great calamity spanning nearly a thousand years. We don't know as much as we'd like, but monsters raged across the lands, human empires fell, the Elves, Dwarves and Halflings all suffered significant losses as well. We call this, the years of Darkness. Finally, it ended in what we think was a pact between the various gods, from which the Year of the Pact gets its name.

"Now, this primer hardly does the subject justice, but perhaps you can see the larger picture, now, Samad. We're delving into a site conservatively estimated to be 2300 years old. It's why I'm reluctant to do it myself, I'm no professional adventurer."

[sblock=The Year]For reference, the current year is 1315.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Not much of a scholar Tsaaruk only hears that the dangers are unknown. Beyond that he cares little as he is not a scholar but more of a survivalist. He focuses instead on the food and drink allowing the others to discuss history. In response to the gods pact he has never heard of this before but knows that Torglarok will be with him.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian_zpsllhr2jxm.jpg

Thuvian nods quietly at the latest information. While not a serious student of history, he has studied enough to know the basics of what the scholar just explained. "Good to know. I shall be sure to keep a spell or two ready to decipher any written documents we come across. Otherwise, we best be ready for anything; anything still stirring after all this time is likely to not enjoy being disturbed."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas listens attentively to Darvin's explanations, the intelligent look in his eyes giving the lie to his brutish appearance. He nods at significant points in the man's recitation but keeps his thoughts to himself for now.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls/OOC]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 21 (14 Touch, 19 Flat-Footed)
HP: 76/76
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +15
CMB: +09 CMD: 23 (+11/25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +09 Reflex: +04 Will: +07

Special Abilities
Judgement: 02/02 Uses Remaining
Bane: 09/09 Rounds Remaining
Discern Lies: 06/06 Rounds Remaining

Prayers
Orisons: At-Will
Level 01: 05/05 Remaining
Level 02: 04/04 Remaining
Jonas_zpsmzh4paui.jpg
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Darvin Hurella 200.jpg

With most of his potential cohorts watching on, Darvin finishes up another mug of beer. The liquor starting to have an effect, his speech becomes ever so slightly slurred. However, he remains rather animate, this time specifically turning to the darkly dressed Thuvian. "Yes, exactly!" he begins, smiling broadly and rising up from his seat, "From traps to guardian beasts, there is no telling what the ancients may have in store for you. They... most annoyingly... didn't leave record. It is as if they don't want us breaking in there!"

Plopping back down in his chair, his eyes wander the tabletop for a filled tankard, finding none. "Our civilization is advancing, albeit slowly. I want to know what tore us down before, sent us back to the role of crying babes in the night. Stop it from happening again. I digress. Anything else?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Farziel_zpsaihyrbov.jpg

Far'ziel muttered, "It must be only and musty down there after all this time. Maybe everything will have turned to dust."

Pirvinia shrugged, "Mayhap, my friend. We shall just have to see."

"I think that is about all for now, Darvin"

She turned to Thuvian and said, "I actually already have a wand with such a spell on it, so you need not memorize more than one or none if do not want to. I also can cast a spell to significantly add in the identification of magical items and their properties."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 8/8, 2nd Level: 8/8, 3rd Level 8/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian_zpsllhr2jxm.jpg

Thuvian nods quietly. "I have no further questions. I will prepare my usual complement of spells if you can handle those aspects of our trip. Fortunately, being underground, there should be a fair number of shadows to bolster my usual routine of mixing illusions with real conjurations."

[sblock=minstats]Thuvian Darklight
AC: 14 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 11)
HP: 37/37 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place:

Magic:
CL 7; +11 Concentration (+15 Casting Defensively); SR +7
Extended Illusion (3 rounds beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - unused
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast

Darkness 1/1; CL 7

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation
1st - Mage Armor, Protection from Evil (3), Vanish, x
2nd - Invisibility, Mirror Image, Summon Monster II (2), x
3rd - Fly (2), Major Image, x
4th - x, x, x[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads